Author Topic: Posting after 30  (Read 13013 times)

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Posting after 30
« on: February 24, 2010, 09:43:29 PM »
Not gonna lie. Feels odd. Worried about becoming a GPCer. Already feel my "knees" going.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Posting after 30
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 09:48:01 PM »
Not gonna lie. Feels odd. Worried about becoming a GPCer. Already feel my "knees" going.

Thinking that deserves a big, "eff You".

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 09:49:42 PM »
I second the big eff you

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 09:54:16 PM »

really scared about this too. did you have to start taking any "meds". my grandma takes a bunch. so annoying.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 09:58:48 PM »

really scared about this too. did you have to start taking any "meds". my grandma takes a bunch. so annoying.

All I'll say is that Ritalin is a pill that you swallow, so the drug takes longer to reach the brain. Cocaine is taken in high doses by injection or snorting. It floods the brain quickly with dopamine, which makes it dangerous and addictive.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 10:13:08 PM »

All I'll say is that Ritalin is a pill that you swallow, so the drug takes longer to reach the brain. Cocaine is taken in high doses by injection or snorting. It floods the brain quickly with dopamine, which makes it dangerous and addictive.

If you chew, put the Ritalin at the same part of the lip. It dissolves it quickly and goes right to the brain. At least, that's what I've heard.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 10:14:58 PM »

If you chew, put the Ritalin at the same part of the lip. It dissolves it quickly and goes right to the brain. At least, that's what I've heard.

i usually just shove a couple up my ass. seems to do the trick.  :dunno:

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2010, 10:18:04 PM »

That may just work. 2-3 feet farther/longer to travel, though.

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2010, 10:19:22 PM »

Unless you're a midget. Then possibly a crap-lot less.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2010, 10:20:01 PM »

it's worth it. double the pleasure. trust me.

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2010, 10:28:53 PM »

it's worth it. double the pleasure. trust me.

Can see it now:

"Hey Daris, got any?".
"Sure, bra....hold on....."

(Wait for the end. It'll come)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2010, 10:42:31 PM »
Posted much more on GPC before 30.  Now rarely; so avoiding it can be done.

GetFipps

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2010, 11:26:38 PM »
First off, never GPC'd it.  Not ever ever.
Second off, my post frequency dramatically improved after 30. Pre-30 I was putting up .25 post/week numbers which is total ass.  Now its something like 5-6 p/wk and I couldn't be happier or more fulfilled.
Third off, I'm old-man style cranky as eff now.  No patience for crap <-- helps w/regulating inner tard levels

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2010, 11:41:23 PM »
No offense 'Lix, but I thought you were in your 30s, like, this whole time.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2010, 07:24:20 AM »

Yeah, I get that a lot. TexasCat even accused me of having a "pathetic" retired life.  :users:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2010, 07:35:33 AM »

Yeah, I get that a lot. TexasCat even accused me of having a "pathetic" retired life.  :users:

Seems we are the same age roughly.  I'm pretty terrified about becoming an even suckier poster as time goes by.  What if the kids start making jokes that I don't get and then I become the butt of said jokes  :ohno:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2010, 07:41:21 AM »
That's easy, at that point you go to GPC and start calling out college students for not skipping their finals and braving a foot of snow in subzero temp to go watch us beat CU by 80.

Natural progression. Embrace it.

One other thing: Ensure. I hear old frackers love that crap.

I know this because it sounds like I suffer from the same affliction as you guys. Judging by the play that Thomas th Train got in another thread, it sounds like this is a common issue on this site. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2010, 07:53:10 AM »
Seems we are the same age roughly.  I'm pretty terrified about becoming an even suckier poster as time goes by.  What if the kids start making jokes that I don't get and then I become the butt of said jokes  :ohno:

Quote from: dr00d on 'fans
As we have learned, message boards are NOT difficult to set up and if you hadn't come along, we would of just moved on to the next board.  This is the way of the internet.  Everybody wants stuff on the internet for free and if they can't find it, they just move on. Think of people as nomadic tribes...they just keep moving until they find a nice place to lay down.  The same thing will happen at the 'other site' as soon as the balance tips as several of their 'admins' get their feelings hurt, just like what happened on this site.

:ohno:

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2010, 08:18:41 AM »
It's hard for me to imagine even living to be that old.  Does your skin get all wrinkly and old looking and stuff?   

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2010, 08:23:55 AM »
Seems we are the same age roughly.  I'm pretty terrified about becoming an even suckier poster as time goes by.  What if the kids start making jokes that I don't get and then I become the butt of said jokes  :ohno:

Quote from: dr00d on 'fans
As we have learned, message boards are NOT difficult to set up and if you hadn't come along, we would of just moved on to the next board.  This is the way of the internet.  Everybody wants stuff on the internet for free and if they can't find it, they just move on. Think of people as nomadic tribes...they just keep moving until they find a nice place to lay down.  The same thing will happen at the 'other site' as soon as the balance tips as several of their 'admins' get their feelings hurt, just like what happened on this site.

:ohno:

i picture dr00d as that weird guy that no one ever really liked.  the fact that he never fit in really gets under his skin.  but he won't tell anyone that, or even admit it to himself.  i bet he has some cool collectibles though.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2010, 08:44:42 AM »
It's hard for me to imagine even living to be that old.  Does your skin get all wrinkly and old looking and stuff?   

YES! 

I slept with a 30 year old chick once.....Soooooo Gross!

Offline slucat

• GIRL ALERT, GIRL ALERT
  • Combo-Fan
  • This SLU, not the city
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2010, 08:58:24 AM »
31, you can't stop time. sigh.

Offline TracyCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2010, 10:46:25 AM »
YES! 

Hey, watch it! 

It is completely unfair that men get better looking with age.   

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2010, 10:58:15 AM »
YES! 

Hey, watch it! 

At least you get to keep your hair. This is BS

Offline Vegancat

• Fan
  • That's no Moon, it's a space station
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2010, 11:38:24 AM »
YES! 

Hey, watch it! 

At least you get to keep your hair. This is BS

For someone who claims to use linux, and be a computer geek, you would think that they would know how to put their addition at the end of a quote. Dumbass.  But as for me, I think that the vegan diet will keep me youthful and wrinkle free for many many years to come.
If slaughterhouses had glass walls, everyone would be a vegetarian.  ~Paul McCartney