Author Topic: PICKUP BASKETBALL THREAD  (Read 182105 times)

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: PICKUP BASKETBALL THREAD
« Reply #975 on: June 27, 2017, 09:49:09 AM »
Was the arm sleeve Ivy League attorney good?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: June 27, 2017, 10:11:03 AM »
Was the arm sleeve Ivy League attorney good?

yeah of course - I'm sure he had very good coaching growing up. He couldn't like dominate but he wouldn't miss many open shots. Ivy League guys are generally very polite and have very good shooting form and I have to play with them for a while before I stop hating them.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: August 03, 2017, 09:06:55 PM »
we usually play from like 6-8am and at like 7:45 this group of super dweeby tech geeks show up to play with their own group after the normal group plays. so for the last game we play them - they had one guy who refused to play skins, he said he had "body issues". one guy wore nerdy designer glasses. I was like, "ugh, this is gonna be a bloodbath"

but they had this one short filipino guy that could straight up BALL and a few guys that could hit wide open shots and I was thrown by everyone playing in shirts and we lost like 14-17. It was pretty humiliating.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: August 03, 2017, 09:25:31 PM »
there's a guy who always guards me that loves to throw baseball outlet passes, especially off of missed threes. If someone shoots a three and he's on defense he'll yell at the guy guarding him to take off to try to throw the outlet for a layup. He actually got me taking off after I missed a three and I went for the rebound. so later in the day he was guarding me and I missed a three but drifted to half court and screamed his name and he threw a baseball pass right to me. :lol:

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: August 06, 2017, 09:35:39 PM »
That's awesome but maybe a little less so if everyone is in shirts

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: August 06, 2017, 10:10:43 PM »
It was shirts and skins

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: August 14, 2017, 12:40:50 PM »
some notes:

today there was a goober wearing KU shorts (from like the Nike days), they looked ridiculous and I schooled him.

Friday I scored 13 points in a row one game. :gocho:

There's been a few instances where someone will travel like really bad, like, changing pivot feet twice bad, and when they are called on it they get really really mad and say they were fouled. It's entertaining! But we can't let people get away with that, can we???? Call the foul if you're getting fouled, don't try to tapdance your way to a layup after you've picked up your dribble, amirite???

The Big Train

PICKUP BASKETBALL THREAD
« Reply #982 on: August 14, 2017, 03:25:37 PM »
I don't need to travel or change pivot feet or even pull up for a jumper because I retired after the last time I played and posted about it ITT.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: August 30, 2017, 01:08:48 PM »
today I called out a guy for parking in the lane. I was just like, calmly, "hey man, you need to leave the lane every now and then." He was like, "Are you rough ridin' kidding me? Seriously? Come on, man." But he didn't set up camp in the lane after that. Petty and probably unecessary? Yes. Did I get the results I wanted? You know it. :gocho:

-YESTERDAY A GUY THREW A PASS BEHIND ME ON A FAST BREAK AND YELLED AT ME TO CUT TO THE BASKET. I WAS LIKE, "ARE YOU TALKING TO ME? THE PASS WAS BEHIND ME." "WELL I THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO CUT AND YOU FLARED INSTEAD" AND I'M LIKE "YEAH WELL THE PASS WOULD HAVE BEEN MORE BEHIND ME IF I'D CUT TO THE BASKET. NO ONE CARES IF YOU THROUGH A BAD PASS, DON'T YELL AT ME." AND HE SAID "YOU MADE ME CHANGE MY PASS" AND THEN EVENTUALLY SAID "THAT PASS WAS STILL MY FAULT" AND I WAS LIKE "I KNOW".

Today this guy^^^ had a ridiculous foul call after he got his pocket picked, and I gave him a calm, disappointed dad voice lecture mostly centered around how "that was a weak rough ridin' call, Roy." So naturally he was on my team next game. :shy:

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: November 01, 2017, 01:38:55 PM »
Will be playing Pickup at KSU rec tonight around 7, its been a while since i have played pickup so it should be fun.
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: November 01, 2017, 02:10:36 PM »
Will be playing Pickup at KSU rec tonight around 7, its been a while since i have played pickup so it should be fun.
what are you going to be wearing greg because don't bring that weak crap in here son

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: November 01, 2017, 02:21:41 PM »
 :lol:

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: November 02, 2017, 03:00:21 AM »
"coaching" boys and girls bball club after school program has been pretty fun. i sub in as kids tire, launch 3's and try my best to play d against their bouncy, teenage-ish ligaments. but there's a kid with a step by 15 footer that i cannot defend. and another kid with ridic handles and a sweet jumper. he can't finish in traffic bc he's like 4'8, but when he's a grown man, he'll be playing college bball. ridic court vision and passing. he hit a step back 22 footer one possession and then on the next he one-handed a pass to me from 30 feet away that nearly broke my nose, and i barely gathered and layed in. good times. he's on the "a" team as a 6th grader. can't wait to see what he becomes.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: November 02, 2017, 08:43:13 AM »
he can't finish in traffic bc he's like 4'8

lost it at this line :lol:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: February 20, 2019, 10:02:39 PM »
man my game has had an influx of tall doughy white guys who think they're coaches. wtf is up with that?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: February 20, 2019, 10:04:55 PM »
also I've been shooting a few mid-range jumpers (still mostly bombing threes and getting swatted attempting layups tho)

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: February 21, 2019, 02:10:59 PM »
man my game has had an influx of tall doughy white guys who think they're coaches. wtf is up with that?
are they as old balls as you?  they are probably stuck in coach mode from coaching their kids

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: February 21, 2019, 02:32:48 PM »
are they as old balls as you?  they are probably stuck in coach mode from coaching their kids

no mostly younger

also doughier than me

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: March 04, 2019, 05:09:10 PM »
cross post w/ the SF things where this guy showed up to our game this morning and set up a tripod with his phone on the baseline to record the game because he was "working on this social media thing". He then preceded to yell "woo!" to get an outlet pass on the side away from the ball when there was a wide open outlet ball side.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: March 05, 2019, 04:18:54 PM »
also I've been shooting a few mid-range jumpers (still mostly bombing threes and getting swatted attempting layups tho)

i live in the mid-range.

we'd play pick up basketball all the time when I was a basketball manager for K-State and Dustin Yoder (director of video ops) said that I had a lot of Kurt Thomas in my game.

highest compliment i ever received in terms of basketball.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: March 05, 2019, 05:38:51 PM »
cross post w/ the SF things where this guy showed up to our game this morning and set up a tripod with his phone on the baseline to record the game because he was "working on this social media thing". He then preceded to yell "woo!" to get an outlet pass on the side away from the ball when there was a wide open outlet ball side.

I just realized he was on the side of the court where his tripod was set up. :lol:

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: April 04, 2019, 11:37:13 AM »
Just got back into playing. I haven't played in months but my handles seemed to have improved nonetheless. Weird. Shot is broken AF tho.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: July 20, 2019, 10:40:11 PM »
i used to say “self-check”
 ;)

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.