Author Topic: Will this get better?  (Read 9616 times)

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
Will this get better?
« on: October 03, 2015, 08:58:05 PM »
I wish I knew cat fans...

It feels like the downslide, but I have been surprised before. 

The ceiling for the foreseeable future seems to be hoping for a bowl game.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Re: Will this get better?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 09:03:14 PM »
It feels like how the first Snyder era ended.

Good news though...coaching search! <3

Offline ELL3

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2015, 09:05:43 PM »
2004 team without Sproles, 2005 team without Jordy, god that is not acceptable. Waters are calm, retirement please

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 09:06:14 PM »
Even if this is the downslide, we had a 4 year stretch with 38 wins and a Big XII title. That was pretty great, and worth it

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2015, 09:06:55 PM »
Even if this is the downslide, we had a 4 year stretch with 38 wins and a Big XII title. That was pretty great, and worth it
Oh sure! I wouldn't argue hard against that.  Bill II was a magical time.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2015, 09:08:30 PM »

Not similar at all really. This team is much better than 2004 and is (maybe) falling from much lower heights.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2015, 09:08:54 PM »

Not similar at all really. This team is much better than 2004 and is (maybe) falling from much lower heights.

Ok

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2015, 09:10:05 PM »

Ok

Good. Glad we agree.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2015, 09:10:24 PM »
Maybe has something to do with us down to our 5th choice at qb.  I think we can be pretty good next year and going forward.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2015, 09:11:39 PM »
What concerns me is how important turning the program over to the right guy with a full cupboard is to Snyder.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2015, 09:12:25 PM »

This team would kick the crap out of that '04 team, they were so so so terrible.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2015, 09:12:42 PM »
I mean, it was only this spring/summer people on here were all juiced up about all of the great qb recruits and what was projected to be a stud defense.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2015, 09:13:27 PM »
do we have some defensive studs coming in to bolster our god awful defense? 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2015, 09:14:01 PM »
I mean, it was only this spring/summer people on here were all juiced up about all of the great qb recruits and what was projected to be a stud defense.
and here we are knowing that
1) the QB recruits were obvs not very good
2) the defense is super shitty

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2015, 09:14:21 PM »

This team would kick the crap out of that '04 team, they were so so so terrible.

They were complete ass. The Fresno State game was the first time I ever really became angry at the product on the field. The Kansas game was the worst experience I've ever had as a Cat fan watching a game in person.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2015, 09:14:55 PM »
Delton running Tom Herman's offense :love:

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2015, 09:18:12 PM »

You might very well be right, bit this team hasn't shown anything on the field to say this is true. We've only managed to beat a terrible FCS team, a very bad Conference USA team, and average Conference USA team at home in triple overtime.  The only difference so far this season is a lucky FG in OT by a back up kicker

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2015, 09:18:35 PM »
and here we are knowing that
1) the QB recruits were obvs not very good
2) the defense is super shitty

Hard to judge on the QBs imo. Defense has definitely been disappointing last two times out. Very disappointing. Nice to see the turnovers today tho. That should be the goal in this conference anyway, along with high pressure and forcing negative plays. The offense under Cook was a breath of fresh air I haven't seen in years from the Cats.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2015, 09:18:48 PM »

They were complete ass. The Fresno State game was the first time I ever really became angry at the product on the field. The Kansas game was the worst experience I've ever had as a Cat fan watching a game in person.

I felt like that first watching the Colorado game that season only to be topped by the Iowa State game. We won 2 damn conference games and in the mid aughts that was not good.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2015, 09:19:06 PM »

samesies. was in the band at the time, and we had to sit in Memorial Stadium for over an hour before getting on our buses. Was the absolute worst.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2015, 09:19:59 PM »
wait, changing my post based on MIR's memory. Watching the 04 KSU/Colorado game was the absolute worst experience watching KSU football in person

Offline Missouriscribe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2015, 09:20:46 PM »
Today was mostly on the coaches and lack of adjustments. Oh, and the right side of the line. My favorite moment was Joe Bob giving a smile and hug to Kleinsorge as they walked off the field.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2015, 09:21:24 PM »

You might very well be right, bit this team hasn't shown anything on the field to say this is true. We've only managed to beat a terrible FCS team, a very bad Conference USA team, and average Conference USA team at home in triple overtime.  The only difference so far this season is a lucky FG in OT by a back up kicker

There is a huge difference in what you just described (plus today at OSU) and barely beating a 1AA team, getting your ass kicked at home by a fringe top-25 team (Fresno) to start the season.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2015, 09:22:09 PM »
wait, changing my post based on MIR's memory. Watching the 04 KSU/Colorado game was the absolute worst experience watching KSU football in person

The 04 game was at Boulder, the 05 game was another horrific loss to CU, that one was at home

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2015, 09:23:09 PM »

I had already checked out by that point in the season.