Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3209299 times)

wetwillie and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #13950 on: October 03, 2015, 02:20:05 PM »
0-12 now assured.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #13951 on: October 03, 2015, 02:21:36 PM »
0-12 now assured.
Oh I doubt that.  They'll pick off somebody... Hopefully not us.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13952 on: October 03, 2015, 02:25:51 PM »
0-12 now assured.
Oh I doubt that.  They'll pick off somebody... Hopefully not us.

Yea maybe
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13953 on: October 03, 2015, 02:38:01 PM »

Offline MIZMAW

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13954 on: October 04, 2015, 12:10:27 PM »
they won't give beaty enough time and the implosion will just continue after they fire him in two years.
Why do they keep doing this to themselves?  Charlie won one game 3 seasons ago, 3 games the next year, and he was 2-2 last year before they ambushed him.

Charlie caught a lot of criticism, and maybe he even deserved some of it, but that man loved the University of Kansas, and he had built a solid foundation.  Now, they've replaced him with some Texan who tore the whole thing down and brought in a bunch of Texas kids.  I can't even name half the players on the roster anymore.  If I wanted to watch a bunch of Texas kids get stomped every Saturday, I'd cheer for the Longhorns.

Admit that mistakes were made, and bring back Charlie Weis.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #13955 on: October 04, 2015, 12:52:27 PM »
http://www.scout.com/college/kansas/forums/2485-gridiron-talk/14152815-the-death-spiral-of-the-11-00-start-time

Is a televised game on a regional cable network worth being mired in the 11:00am time slot?

I realize the horse is out of barn on this one, but I hate the 11:00 am start time. For a program struggling as bad as we are, with a stadium in need of upgrades as badly as ours the 11:00 start time is a death spiral. We need alumni on campus, and when your not playing competitive football that means we need a game day tradition that brings people to Lawrence. It's impossible to create any thing resembling a real college game day experience with 11:00 starts. With later starts people get to campus a few hours before game time, stop by the Wheel or Union, and tailgate for a couple of hours with their college friends, their kids and their kids' friends and their friends' parents. The pre-game itself is reason enough to come to campus regardless of how bad the football is. But for 11:00 games people aren't showing up on campus at 8:30 or 9:00 to tailgate, they're rolling in at 10:15-10:30 if they come at all. It's just impossible to create any excitement about the program when the game day experience sucks, and it's hard to get people to donate to the football program when their not excitement about the game day experience.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #13956 on: October 04, 2015, 12:56:35 PM »
http://www.scout.com/college/kansas/forums/2485-gridiron-talk/14148963-scrap-the-football-program

Quote from: SuperMarioFor3
Scrap the football program

Its over.  Well its been over.  Why continue to put an inferior product on the field that continues to do nothing but embarrass the university?  As an alum it sucks that from August until December I basically have to hide my KU colors.  We obviously will never do what it takes to have a successful program nor will we ever come out of the stone age and get a real football stadium in general so whats the point?   

I get that KSU sucked for 100 years before they got Snyder but we havent been too much better over said 100 years and we wont be any good for the next century either at this pace. 

Scrap it, put the money into basketball and building up track and baseball more.

Thanks for the glory run in 2007, it was nice to be a football fan on Saturdays for one year but I bet the Cubs win three world series before we see another season like that again..

/rant

:frown: our brothers are hurting
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13957 on: October 04, 2015, 12:58:31 PM »
its always darkest before the dawn
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #13958 on: October 04, 2015, 04:24:44 PM »
I realize the horse is out of the barn

What a bunch of stupid hicks
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

The Big Train

« Reply #13959 on: October 04, 2015, 04:46:43 PM »
http://www.scout.com/college/kansas/forums/2485-gridiron-talk/14152815-the-death-spiral-of-the-11-00-start-time

Is a televised game on a regional cable network worth being mired in the 11:00am time slot?

I realize the horse is out of barn on this one, but I hate the 11:00 am start time. For a program struggling as bad as we are, with a stadium in need of upgrades as badly as ours the 11:00 start time is a death spiral. We need alumni on campus, and when your not playing competitive football that means we need a game day tradition that brings people to Lawrence. It's impossible to create any thing resembling a real college game day experience with 11:00 starts. With later starts people get to campus a few hours before game time, stop by the Wheel or Union, and tailgate for a couple of hours with their college friends, their kids and their kids' friends and their friends' parents. The pre-game itself is reason enough to come to campus regardless of how bad the football is. But for 11:00 games people aren't showing up on campus at 8:30 or 9:00 to tailgate, they're rolling in at 10:15-10:30 if they come at all. It's just impossible to create any excitement about the program when the game day experience sucks, and it's hard to get people to donate to the football program when their not excitement about the game day experience.

it's a vicious circle of death.  the team is terrible, but since the team is terrible they need to get the games over quickly, so they schedule them at 11am.  since the games are at 11am nobody wants to go to the game, and the big money donors don't get to see what they are building on the field, so they don't donate.  and when they don't donate they don't have nice things and recruits won't come, so they will continue to suck.  its just a never ending downward cycle. :frown:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13960 on: October 04, 2015, 04:53:22 PM »
I realize the horse is out of the barn

What a bunch of stupid hicks

Total farmers

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13961 on: October 04, 2015, 05:08:43 PM »
11am kickoffs and LHC Bill Snyder. Take away those two hurdles and KU football is a blue blood.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13962 on: October 04, 2015, 05:37:26 PM »
11am kickoffs and LHC Bill Snyder. Take away those two hurdles and KU football is a blue blood.

How does Cheyenne Zulu and BGL not see that?
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13963 on: October 04, 2015, 09:43:20 PM »
What's the fewer number of points scored in conference play?  kufball might break that this year.
Didn't look too hard, but started with those late 90s baylor teams.  Baylor scored 61 points total during conference play in '99.  That has to be it.  By a mile, really.  That is unbelievable.  61 points total. 

Granted, the Big 12 only played 8 conference games back then, so we'd have to adjust for that. 7.625 points per game.  That is absurd.

Holy crap.

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13964 on: October 05, 2015, 12:54:49 PM »
KU and Lawrence are special, and some coaches pick up on it. Many view it as a stepping stone, yes, but some people see it for what it is- a special place that could be great with the right people leading the way.
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #13965 on: October 05, 2015, 02:09:26 PM »
KU and Lawrence are special, and some coaches pick up on it. Many view it as a stepping stone, yes, but some people see it for what it is- a special place that could be great with the right people leading the way.
I actually agree to a point, but think they are over stating it. I mean, when there hasn't been one person that was good and appreciated Lawrence in over a century, then that should tell you something.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13966 on: October 05, 2015, 02:12:02 PM »

Who in the world uses KU as a stepping stone? If you look at pretty much every coach running through there since Mangino, it looks a lot more like a jumping off point.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13967 on: October 05, 2015, 02:13:19 PM »
stepping stone to Minnesota.  really all you need to know

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13968 on: October 05, 2015, 02:14:08 PM »
I actually agree to a point, but think they are over stating it. I mean, when there hasn't been one person that was good and appreciated Lawrence in over a century, then that should tell you something.

I mean yea, if Nick Saban picked up Bryant Stadium and moved to Lawrence with it as well as brought his players and coaches along... they might be successful.

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13969 on: October 05, 2015, 02:17:08 PM »

I mean yea, if Nick Saban picked up Bryant Stadium and moved to Lawrence with it as well as brought his players and coaches along... they might be successful.

Yeah, sure, but Nick Saban would die some day, and what the hell would they do after that?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #13970 on: October 05, 2015, 02:26:07 PM »
What's the fewer number of points scored in conference play?  kufball might break that this year.
Didn't look too hard, but started with those late 90s baylor teams.  Baylor scored 61 points total during conference play in '99.  That has to be it.  By a mile, really.  That is unbelievable.  61 points total. 

Granted, the Big 12 only played 8 conference games back then, so we'd have to adjust for that. 7.625 points per game.  That is absurd.

Holy crap.
I know. 

And when you account for the blowouts that occurred that year and the garbage time defenses they must have faced for a good portion of those games...It's one of the craziest CFB stats I've ever seen.

K-State scored 53 total over 7 games in '85 (7.57).
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 02:29:20 PM by Dlew12 »

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13971 on: October 05, 2015, 02:28:41 PM »

LOL at complaining about an 11am start time during the week of a road game.  WGAF.  If I was a KU football fan (and I obviously am) I would get pak'd the night before, set my alarm for 10:55 and commence with rocking out with my Hawk out.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13972 on: October 05, 2015, 02:44:18 PM »
KU gets a big touchdown from Montrell Cozart to Tre Parmalee to cut the Iowa State lead to 24-6.  Hawks miss extra point badly.

C'MON MAN!

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13973 on: October 05, 2015, 03:13:04 PM »

LOL at complaining about an 11am start time during the week of a road game.  WGAF.  If I was a KU football fan (and I obviously am) I would get pak'd the night before, set my alarm for 10:55 and commence with rocking out with my Hawk out.

I think I saw an article last week talking about how OU might leave the league because of 11:00 am games, so maybe there is something to this for the Hawks.

Offline MIZMAW

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13974 on: October 05, 2015, 03:19:54 PM »
They've done a pretty good job of addressing the problem.  You'll notice that neither Mangino, Gill, nor Weis were able to parlay their tenure at KU into a head coaching job for a major conference team.