Author Topic: Hot Air Balloons  (Read 6431 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: Hot Air Balloons
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2018, 06:50:19 PM »
SD are all the houses in your hood painted like taupe and brown and gray and other snoozeville colors? If so, is that like an HOA thing?

I noticed that when I was driving around the new fancy neighborhoods of MHK last week and also I noticed it in these pictures so I was curious.

Pretty much. There is no requirement from the HOA on paint color but all shingles have to be the same and all fences have to be the same color and material. What other colors would you paint a house? Like, red or orange or some crap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well probably not orange, but there are a lot of houses that have actual colors. Believe it or not, I live in a blue house :confused:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Hot Air Balloons
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2018, 08:05:18 PM »
Well, I’m not painting my house blue but I support your right to do so. I don’t really GAF what color anyone’s house is tbh. Mine is sherwin Williams “Backdrop” and “Black Seal”. Very neutral colors for sure.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2018, 08:50:40 PM »
maybe I've just spent too much time in New Orleans, where every neighborhood is painted up like Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory :eek:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2018, 12:08:00 AM »
My neighbors are blue and yellow, I like it
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2018, 02:58:03 PM »
Now we’ve got these guys whizzing around

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2018, 08:51:50 AM »
Now we’ve got these guys whizzing around

When I was like 11, my dad took me up in one of those and crashed it into a tree

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2018, 08:54:52 AM »
Was child services called afterwards?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2018, 09:05:34 AM »
I think I had a bloody lip

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2018, 09:51:55 AM »
Those things are crazy popular in north Topeka and the surrounding farm towns
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2018, 10:05:32 PM »
I did a balloon ride a few years ago. I have a mild fear of heights - or rather, falling from them - so this probably was not the best decision. The problem was the height of the basket. I’m just a shade over 6 foot and the top of the basket only came up to my hip. If it came to your chest that’d be different. But it doesn’t. You’re not wearing a harness. You’re just standing in this basket that doesn’t come up damn near high enough. I was clutching one of the side poles so tightly that my hand ached for days afterward. Meanwhile the rough ridin' pilot was literally sitting casually on the edge of the basket the whole time like it was nothing.

I will say that it was super quiet up there and the air was very calm so I can understand why some people say it’s so peaceful, but it’s not for everyone. The landing is not exactly graceful - it’s a controlled crash. We landed in a church parking lot, and it turns out they were having some sort of youth function so the kids got quite a show.

A few years before that when I was living in south JoCo a balloon literally landed in my driveway.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2018, 10:23:56 AM »
Friends at Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta this week.  Sent me this with comment "ugliest balloon in the event." 

Tom

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk