Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3145790 times)

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #10825 on: December 11, 2014, 03:33:43 PM »
I wonder how much the Beaty hire will play into the decision for Snyder.  Not that he's worried about losing to KU anytime in the next few years, but I'm not sure he's interested in dealing with it if the in-state recruiting suddenly becomes much more difficult. It was after Mangino starting getting the best in-state kids that he bailed the first time.  At 75, how interested in working harder on the recruiting front is he going to be?
:lol:

the Beaty hire would make Snyder want to stay for a decade.

Offline NOVA Cat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10826 on: December 11, 2014, 04:36:16 PM »
i'm not by a computer right now to look dax

Yeah, East Stadium Center, South Endzone, Limestone Field Wall . . . at least $80 million more.   May not happen for awhile.
Any word on the walkway over Kimball?

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10827 on: December 11, 2014, 04:39:15 PM »

Yeah, East Stadium Center, South Endzone, Limestone Field Wall . . . at least $80 million more.   May not happen for awhile.

It's going up next Thursday and they're calling it The Bridge to Nowhere

Offline NOVA Cat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10828 on: December 11, 2014, 04:50:10 PM »

It's going up next Thursday and they're calling it The Bridge to Nowhere
:love:

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #10829 on: December 12, 2014, 10:22:32 AM »
Bukaty had some shill from Slant on 810 this morning. According to said shill, kstate is no longer going to get all the best walkons "without a fight" and ku is trying to flip a Louisiana Lafayette commit, which would be a huge get.
 Also he got 3 juco guys committed to D2 Schools (not fcs, d2) to consider walking on.

When asked if the rest of his staff will come together after the bowl games the shill pointed out that assistants don't get bowl bonuses so there was no reason to stay, then answered the question yes.

In summary, theyre more mumped than originally expected.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10830 on: December 12, 2014, 11:42:52 AM »
you'd have to be a hell of a salesman to get someone to pay to wear a ku uniform

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10831 on: December 12, 2014, 11:43:45 AM »
As I always say, how can it get any worse?

In the current landscape of $25 million dollar per year conference payouts, millions on facilities, seven figure coaching salaries . . . which is pretty much light years of what it was like back during the original Toilet Bowl days.   How can it get any worse for ku than going 4-48 in conference play over a 5 year period?   In the context of the current landscape of college athletics, 4-48 is worse than the Toilet Bowl era.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10832 on: December 12, 2014, 11:50:46 AM »
you'd have to be a hell of a salesman to get someone to pay to wear a ku uniform

yeah, Adidas uniforms are THE WORST

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10833 on: December 12, 2014, 01:24:13 PM »
Any word on how much Beaty will use the "pile of crap" recruiting technique to get prized walk-ons?

So far it sounds like he's mostly just relying on pretending he's the head coach at Texas.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10834 on: December 12, 2014, 01:45:40 PM »
Bukaty had some shill from Slant on 810 this morning. According to said shill, kstate is no longer going to get all the best walkons "without a fight" and ku is trying to flip a Louisiana Lafayette commit, which would be a huge get.
 Also he got 3 juco guys committed to D2 Schools (not fcs, d2) to consider walking on.

When asked if the rest of his staff will come together after the bowl games the shill pointed out that assistants don't get bowl bonuses so there was no reason to stay, then answered the question yes.

Thought i heard they do get bowl bonuses, so it won't come together until after New Years.
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10835 on: December 12, 2014, 01:50:51 PM »

Thought i heard they do get bowl bonuses, so it won't come together until after New Years.

If you are owed a bowl bonus, taking another job won't change that.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10836 on: December 12, 2014, 01:52:07 PM »

Could be, i was just referencing what the "shill" said on 810.
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10837 on: December 12, 2014, 01:54:18 PM »

Could be, i was just referencing what the "shill" said on 810.

I heard him.  Also, if I were trying to get some hot shot assistant coaches to KU, which is arguably the worst and most depressing program in decades, I would tell said hot shot coach I would pay any bowl bonus he was getting in order to get him on board.

But that's just me and I am not dumb enough to take the ku job.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10838 on: December 12, 2014, 03:02:47 PM »
Welp, I guess the fight for in-state walk-ons is on!   :lol:

Zulu's new soon-to-be buyout wants to get dirty for some D2's  :lol:

Bet Sean is taking this super serious and ready to show how 'bout that life he is.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10839 on: December 12, 2014, 03:22:40 PM »
It was an interesting talking point: "we are now going to fight KSU for Kansas walkons!!!"

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10840 on: December 12, 2014, 03:32:47 PM »
It was an interesting talking point: "we are now going to fight KSU for Kansas walkons!!!"

Word on the street is KU is taking the fight so seriously they're contemplating offering free tuition, room and board, and a guaranteed spot on the roster to the walk-ons they're recruiting.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10841 on: December 12, 2014, 05:19:25 PM »
If they think the quality of walkons is the difference, they are in trouble.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10842 on: December 12, 2014, 05:30:31 PM »
lol

lock down the walk ons

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10843 on: December 12, 2014, 07:00:16 PM »
Bill self is cackling and rolling a blunt right about now. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

The Big Train

« Reply #10844 on: December 12, 2014, 08:46:13 PM »
bill did it with juco guys

beaty will do it with walk-ons

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #10845 on: December 13, 2014, 12:09:36 PM »

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #10846 on: December 13, 2014, 12:28:58 PM »
If you are serious about tailgating, doing it on university property isn't ideal from the tailgaters perspective - At least in my book.  You are more likely to be hassled about your beverage/cup and follow the other University rules.. You have to donate money, etc.  Better on private property - I.e someone's yard.  Personally I like that memorial offers choice unlike arrowhead or KSU where your only option short of walking from way off property, is to do it in their lot, at their price, and their rules.  At KU you can do the university lot thing if that's your idea of a good tailgate but it is easy to find other handy options that may be cheaper and don't require you to hide your beer in a cup. 
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #10847 on: December 13, 2014, 12:32:08 PM »
this post has to be a sock....

I'm warming up to the partial closing of the South end. However, it would have to be done in a way that doesn't obscure the view of the hill too much. 

Something like this, but a reverse image, Middle open, tapered seating on the sides.

You'd knock down the Southernmost 2 sections or so of Memorial and angle those seats to face the field and bring them as close as you can to the endzone corners
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10848 on: December 13, 2014, 12:33:39 PM »
If you are serious about tailgating, doing it on university property isn't ideal from the tailgaters perspective - At least in my book.  You are more likely to be hassled about your beverage/cup and follow the other University rules.. You have to donate money, etc.  Better on private property - I.e someone's yard.  Personally I like that memorial offers choice unlike arrowhead or KSU where your only option short of walking from way off property, is to do it in their lot, at their price, and their rules.  At KU you can do the university lot thing if that's your idea of a good tailgate but it is easy to find other handy options that may be cheaper and don't require you to hide your beer in a cup. 

it's like those yahoo homepage stories that you can click on where chinese students give their thoughts on what americans and living in america are like. so adorable.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10849 on: December 13, 2014, 12:33:54 PM »

this post has to be a sock....

I'm warming up to the partial closing of the South end. However, it would have to be done in a way that doesn't obscure the view of the hill too much. 

Something like this, but a reverse image, Middle open, tapered seating on the sides.

You'd knock down the Southernmost 2 sections or so of Memorial and angle those seats to face the field and bring them as close as you can to the endzone corners
that place will seat a million people!

Gonna win 'em all!