Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 3917740 times)

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #15100 on: December 17, 2014, 11:03:36 AM »
It's been like two weeks since the budget committee blocked the bond request, and KU already has a private donor financing phase 1 of the project.  K-State would be holding a bakesale and praying to God that one of its fans won the lottery if it was in the same situation.

This post continues to be hilarious on so many levels.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15101 on: December 17, 2014, 11:04:24 AM »
It's been like two weeks since the budget committee blocked the bond request, and KU already has a private donor financing phase 1 of the project.  K-State would be holding a bakesale and praying to God that one of its fans won the lottery if it was in the same situation.

thats our beems!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15102 on: December 17, 2014, 11:08:25 AM »

Damn  :Flamethrower:

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #15103 on: December 17, 2014, 11:16:07 AM »

thats our beems!

Didn't that "private donor" turn out to be some guy with a tractor and an asphalt company that could tear out the running track to put in a harley track?

:lol:
bears are fast...

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15104 on: December 17, 2014, 11:19:00 AM »
done (usable) by July 31st, huh? 36 days before our first home game.

ok, we're one of, if not, the richest ad in the nation, so don't tell me it's the money. is it really this time crunch with 5 extra weeks (840 man hours at 24/7) why the NE corner won't get done this year?

My understanding is the reason the two aren't getting done at the same time is because section 28 on the east side extends too far to the north and the challenge of removing half of that section to make room for the NE corner build is too great of an undertaking given the time frame.

Is that not correct?

could they not be doing that right now while they're taking 8 weeks to tear down the old snyder family recreational easement?

If you included altering section 28 as part of this project, then the entire project might have to wait to begin until it passed code -- and there are lots of questions about what altering a 1960s seating bowl means as far as passing code. The initial discussions indicated it might take a while to figure that out, meanwhile, rest of project could be delayed while those questions were answered -- and obviously you'd like to have team facilities done prior to season.

Moving NE corner into sep project allows primary facility to be completed in one offseason, gives time for code issues to be resolved for NE corner, plus gives two fundraising cycles to allow for higher end finishes and such throughout (and spreads cost over two FY). Current project, not including NE corner, is $69M. Not sure on cost of NE corner, but its much less than that obv.

Is the AD thinking of maybe throwing Phase IV (ribbon boards, video boards, limestone wall :pray:) into the construction of the NE corner? Would the delay of said limestone wall possibly be due to the same coding issues as the NE corner?
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #15105 on: December 17, 2014, 11:21:10 AM »
Is the AD thinking of maybe throwing Phase IV (ribbon boards, video boards, limestone wall :pray:) into the construction of the NE corner? Would the delay of said limestone wall possibly be due to the same coding issues as the NE corner?

Didn't they mix some Phase 3 stuff into Phase 2 because we had the extra money and could just knock them out right then and there?

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15106 on: December 17, 2014, 11:21:31 AM »

thats our beems!

Didn't that "private donor" turn out to be some guy with a tractor and an asphalt company that could tear out the running track to put in a harley track?

Yeah the private donor "donated" the labor to remove the track... which is probably code for an incredibly crooked tax fraud scheme.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15107 on: December 17, 2014, 11:23:06 AM »
we all have so many questions about future phases for you, cc.

i wish i could host a party and introduce you to my friends.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15108 on: December 17, 2014, 11:23:28 AM »

Didn't they mix some Phase 3 stuff into Phase 2 because we had the extra money and could just knock them out right then and there?

I thought so, but I can't remember exactly what those were. I'm just more curious that our beloved wall might be held up due to the same reason the NE corner was being held up
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #15109 on: December 17, 2014, 11:36:20 AM »

thats our beems!

Yeah the private donor "donated" the labor to remove the track... which is probably code for an incredibly crooked tax fraud scheme.

I believe Beems was referring to Marie S. McCarthy Hall--the basketball dorms.  It might surprise you, but that money was donated by the McCarthy family.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15110 on: December 17, 2014, 11:37:58 AM »
I'm going to kind of miss the shitty bleachers in the SEZ, dunno why, I've always hated them.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #15111 on: December 17, 2014, 11:38:50 AM »

thats our beems!

I believe Beems was referring to Marie S. McCarthy Hal--the basketball dorms.  It might surprise you, but that money was donated by the McCarthy family.

Yep, you're right Spracne.  I didn't follow the link to the quoted post initially and just assumed that it was in reference to the Memorial Stadium renos since CC posted it in this thread.

Good catch.
bears are fast...

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15112 on: December 17, 2014, 12:05:58 PM »

thats our beems!

I believe Beems was referring to Marie S. McCarthy Hall--the basketball dorms.  It might surprise you, but that money was donated by the McCarthy family.

How are those coming anyways?  Isn't there a robot parking garage or something?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #15113 on: December 17, 2014, 12:09:36 PM »

thats our beems!

How are those coming anyways?  Isn't there a robot parking garage or something?

As far as I know construction is under way.  Supposed to be done next summer :dunno: 

The robot parking garage was for the mixed-use residential/retail complex that is/was to be developed by some private firm near the football stadium.  You might remember the little old lady who refused to sell her house for the project?  Anyway, last I heard about that the city was giving them crap for not having enough parking spaces or something like that. 

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #15114 on: December 17, 2014, 12:11:19 PM »
This blog is quickly becoming kstatefans
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15115 on: December 17, 2014, 01:48:33 PM »

This looks more like a pic of the current state of #KUfball

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15116 on: December 17, 2014, 02:29:18 PM »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #15117 on: December 17, 2014, 02:31:35 PM »
Better view of the sheep lots.  :love:

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15118 on: December 17, 2014, 06:19:33 PM »

This looks more like a pic of the current state of #KUfball

When did you take this?  Looks like earlier before I was there.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15119 on: December 17, 2014, 08:14:37 PM »
Bill probably chained himself to the front door and they didn't see him in time :frown:
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15120 on: December 18, 2014, 02:49:36 PM »

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #15121 on: December 18, 2014, 02:51:07 PM »
that's a much bigger space than it appeared when a building was there. (i mean, duh. but still)
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #15122 on: December 18, 2014, 02:53:52 PM »
that's a much bigger space than it appeared when a building was there. (i mean, duh. but still)

Yeah, thought the same thing
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #15123 on: December 18, 2014, 03:34:27 PM »
Someone should be banned if no binder is produced.

Sent using Tapatalk Elite on iPhone 6

The Big Train

« Reply #15124 on: December 18, 2014, 08:29:20 PM »
must be the life for 'blast getting to see all this stuff up close and in person  :love: