Author Topic: Remember the Kavanaugh!! Republican war cry in defeating ruthless Dems  (Read 98819 times)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Kavanaugh hearing. Ugly bad optics for Democrats
« Reply #351 on: September 24, 2018, 08:45:02 AM »
No, it's true. Nobody these people have identified by name as bearing witness has any recollection of the event ever occurring. They are o-fer on corroborating witnesses.

I mean:

A classmate of Ramirez’s, who declined to be identified because of the partisan battle over Kavanaugh’s nomination, said that another student told him about the incident either on the night of the party or in the next day or two. The classmate said that he is “one-hundred-per-cent sure” that he was told at the time that Kavanaugh was the student who exposed himself to Ramirez. He independently recalled many of the same details offered by Ramirez, including that a male student had encouraged Kavanaugh as he exposed himself. The classmate, like Ramirez, recalled that the party took place in a common room on the first floor in Entryway B of Lawrance Hall, during their freshman year. “I’ve known this all along,” he said. “It’s been on my mind all these years when his name came up. It was a big deal.”

Sure it's an anonymous source, but I don't think that's reason to just completely dismiss it at this point.  Of course, good for the New Yorker for being willing to publish all the accounts contradicting this story (although the author on NPR this morning seemed careful not to mention them in her synopsis of the story).
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 08:48:22 AM by catastrophe »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 24, 2018, 08:59:16 AM »
keep in mind that sys was fantasizing about some Mormon CIA agent winning a state or two in 2016.

hmm, tagteaming with 'ophe to demonstrate the problems with relying on memory?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 24, 2018, 09:00:30 AM »
Lol

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 24, 2018, 09:01:11 AM »
this dude is mumped.  if the admin is too stupid to figure it out, mcconnell will force the issue.  he's not going to risk his majority for this fuckface.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 24, 2018, 09:06:21 AM »
The court is what Republicans value the most tho (I think cause activist judges hate abortion). Short term sacrifice for long term no babykillin'.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 24, 2018, 09:09:58 AM »
The court is what Republicans value the most tho (I think cause activist judges hate abortion). Short term sacrifice for long term no babykillin'.

they're not going to nominate some libtard when they pull kavanaugh.  the replacement will rule the same way on every case.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 24, 2018, 09:15:30 AM »
And you will support Democrats doing everything they can to obstruct confirmation of that nominee.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 24, 2018, 09:17:38 AM »
It's risky now tho, they may not have time during election season and lose the senate anyway.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 24, 2018, 09:18:32 AM »
And you will support Democrats doing everything they can to obstruct confirmation of that nominee.

i support them fighting kavanaugh because it advantages democrats in the midterms.  that's a win.  fighting a more popular nominee would be a loss.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: September 24, 2018, 09:41:55 AM »

i support them fighting kavanaugh because it advantages democrats in the midterms.  that's a win.  fighting a more popular nominee would be a loss.

That's not what you said last time with Gorsuch :dunno:

Seems like a highly respects judge-guy.

that's really irrelevant, phil.  they have to disincentivize maneuvers like that of blocking garland.

And speaking of political ramifications of fighting a popular SCOTUS nominee:

I gotta say, the more Democrats fight this, I think the better it is for Trump.

I'd love to see this explanation

yeah, that's Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 24, 2018, 09:42:59 AM »

Americans cherish fairness.  Once they understand how unfair the dump Kavanaugh zealots are, they will unleash their ire on Democrats.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 24, 2018, 09:59:05 AM »
Let this be a lesson to all the precocious young boys coming up in elite east-coast prep schools.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 24, 2018, 10:06:50 AM »

yep, i thought they should have taken a righteous position on gorsuch to highlight the garland travesty.  it's possible i was wrong about that, but it was my thought at the time.

you'll notice i didn't post anything about fighting kavanaugh until he was already a sinking ship. 

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 24, 2018, 10:08:40 AM »
Let this be a lesson to all the precocious young boys coming up in elite east-coast prep schools.

I think not attending rape parties is probably a lesson worth learning.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 24, 2018, 10:13:46 AM »

they're not going to nominate some libtard when they pull kavanaugh.  the replacement will rule the same way on every case.

Given this reality, it's weird that we still use humans at all for the supreme court.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 24, 2018, 10:14:17 AM »

I think not attending rape parties is probably a lesson worth learning.

Yeah, even if these allegations are completely fabricated, a reduction in the number of prep school rape parties would be a net positive for society.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 24, 2018, 10:41:09 AM »

yep, i thought they should have taken a righteous position on gorsuch to highlight the garland travesty.  it's possible i was wrong about that, but it was my thought at the time.

you'll notice i didn't post anything about fighting kavanaugh until he was already a sinking ship.

Yes of course, I will grant that if there is any reason to deny a republican nominee other than "blood for blood" you are going to go with that.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 24, 2018, 10:49:17 AM »
Yes of course, I will grant that if there is any reason to deny a republican nominee other than "blood for blood" you are going to go with that.

you're not even pretending to impartiality anymore.  why are you so hung up this rapist?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 24, 2018, 11:18:08 AM »
lol ok

I’ve posted yours, you post mine.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 24, 2018, 12:07:15 PM »

you're not even pretending to impartiality anymore.  why are you so hung up this rapist?
I think he would have done the same for any rapist

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 24, 2018, 01:06:44 PM »

Most likely just rapists who want to repeal Roe v Wade.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 24, 2018, 01:18:41 PM »

Most likely just rapists who want to repeal Roe v Wade.

I don't know, I think he's more worried about protecting men possibly falsely accused of rape than he wants to stop women from having abortions.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 01:42:14 PM by michigancat »

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 24, 2018, 04:07:26 PM »
lol ok

I’ve posted yours, you post mine.

i don't know what i've mine you've posted.

if you're asking why i don't believe that you are impartial it's because as soon as a woman discusses her memories of kav, you're all "actually, false memories are surprisingly common, ..."  but you've not mentioned so much as a caveat as to the likelihood that a perpetually drunk man would recall any of his specific drunken escapades 30 years later and what that suggests regarding the credibility of kav's denials.  and because when anyone mentions his frequent lies, you jump in with "actually, it's surprisingly difficult to convict of perjury, ..."  and most of all because you argue that it is appropriate to prevent investigation of the women's allegations by nonpartisan, professional investigators.