Author Topic: Things you just figured out that you probably should have figured out long ago  (Read 6341 times)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I don't have to type "www" at the beginning of a URL anymore. (Actually I figured it out a couple moths ago when someone posted it in here somewhere, I think.)

i don't believe you that you didn't know that

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
was probably a year ago i figured out that the hole in a pot or pan handle is actually for a spatula or a spoon or whatever, I always just thought the hole was for hanging

Seems like that would make a mess. If you stirred the food then put the spoon/spatula in the hole all the liquid would run down onto the handle of the spoon/spatula.
nope not really, it works very well

i dont believe that this hole is for that. it just happens to appear to work for that in some cases.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
2 spaces were good enough for me in high school
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
was probably a year ago i figured out that the hole in a pot or pan handle is actually for a spatula or a spoon or whatever, I always just thought the hole was for hanging

Someone is rough ridin' with you.

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
it wasnt until recently that I understood the joke of Token's name on south park
@Trogdor_gE

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Have you guys heard of the Maginot Line? Gooch was explaining it to me yesterday like it was common knowledge what that term means.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
Have you guys heard of the Maginot Line? Gooch was explaining it to me yesterday like it was common knowledge what that term means.

Most educated adults do. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline mhkpasa

• Katpak'r
  • Let's go get a couple bowls of loudmouth soup
    • View Profile
I have now...

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile

Most educated adults do. 

Yup. Its like, have you heard of World War II?

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Seems like that would make a mess. If you stirred the food then put the spoon/spatula in the hole all the liquid would run down onto the handle of the spoon/spatula.

Pfft, How the hell would you know?

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
I don't follow the NFL very much.

I didn't know that the Patriots were the Boston team til I moved up here. I just thought that they were somewhere in New England and encompassed all the states up here.

It's pretty great branding.  Probably makes it easier to follow them from out of state(regionally) than if they were Boston Patriots.

Foxborough is closer to Providence, RI than Boston  :th_twocents:

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I don't follow the NFL very much.

I didn't know that the Patriots were the Boston team til I moved up here. I just thought that they were somewhere in New England and encompassed all the states up here.

It's pretty great branding.  Probably makes it easier to follow them from out of state(regionally) than if they were Boston Patriots.

Foxborough is closer to Providence, RI than Boston  :th_twocents:

They were the Boston Patriots until they moved to Foxborough in 1970 and changed it to New England. 
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Berlin Wall was built by the people on the outside of it to keep their own people from going inside.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
I've met people from Maine, Vermont, NH, etc and they've implied that the Pats are their team.

The Big Train

arent all of those part of "New England"?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
i just call them "douche bags"

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This is more of a thing I figured out a long time ago that I should have figured out a little time before that: when I was a little kid the guy at some baseball card shop completely blew my mind by showing me that the milwaukee brewer mitt was actually the letters MB

I didn't know FedEx had an arrow until recently

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
I probably spent 2+ hours on google and youtube figuring out the name of the band in AbeFroman signature line gif.  Kind of like men and directions... too stubborn just to ask.

Tom

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
What were some of the search words you used?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Oh yeah you guys are right, Pendergast would never say that :rollseyes:

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
Dobberjr's friend went fishing with us today and he said that when he was little he thought that, if he went outside while on Google maps, he would see himself in street view. I guess that was a little while ago and not just right now, so maybe it doesn't belong in this thread.

Gonna win 'em all!