Author Topic: Official Better Call Saul thread  (Read 35745 times)

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
Re: Official Better Call Saul thread
« Reply #275 on: March 22, 2016, 09:08:47 PM »
They pitched a bogus investment opportunity to the engineer.

Offline highway61

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 22, 2016, 09:33:39 PM »
 :bball:
They pitched a bogus investment opportunity to the engineer.
yes, that is obvious, but I wanted to see the scam. I enjoyed watching Marco and Jimmy work.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 22, 2016, 11:47:55 PM »
Kim isn't going to cash the check. Trophy.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 29, 2016, 07:46:30 AM »
So, Kim's from a small Kansas town. We know she's not around in Breaking Bad, so I'm worried she's going to die or something.

WTF is Mike doing? Going after Hector? Maybe Mike is the one who puts Hector in a wheelchair.

Man, Jimmy's new suits!  :love:

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 29, 2016, 07:52:49 AM »
So, Kim's from a small Kansas town. We know she's not around in Breaking Bad, so I'm worried she's going to die or something.

WTF is Mike doing? Going after Hector? Maybe Mike is the one who puts Hector in a wheelchair.

Man, Jimmy's new suits!  :love:
Those new suits are pretty sweet.  Hector looked like he'd had a stroke in Breaking Bad, not sure how you induce one of those.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 29, 2016, 09:18:29 AM »
Mike has got to be doing something to get a gig with the cartel.  He ends up with Gus and Gus is in the same org as the salamancas.  He is buying his daughter in law a nice house and his 25k isn't covering that.  He needs decent income and understands where to get it, I bet.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 29, 2016, 09:27:38 AM »
In my mind's eye Kim is from Seneca, or maybe Sabetha.

I don't think Kim will die. She moves back home and that is why Jimmy/Saul chooses Omaha as a soft landing spot in Breaking Bad. It's in close proximity to Kim.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 29, 2016, 09:29:56 AM »
Howard is going to completely f Kim in a bungled job change.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 29, 2016, 09:57:34 AM »
Kim seemed hesitant to reveal much of her background during that interview.  I wonder what her backstory is that caused her to get the hell out of Kansas and pick New Mexico as a landing spot.  Maybe she has a slightly shady or checkered past too??

That montage of Saul getting dressed cut with images of the inflatable guy thingy was perfect.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 29, 2016, 10:39:51 AM »
Kim seemed hesitant to reveal much of her background during that interview.  I wonder what her backstory is that caused her to get the hell out of Kansas and pick New Mexico as a landing spot.  Maybe she has a slightly shady or checkered past too??

That montage of Saul getting dressed cut with images of the inflatable guy thingy was perfect.

They've had full flashback episodes for Jimmy and Mike. Hopefully we get a pre-ABQ Kim episode soon  :pray:

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: March 30, 2016, 10:03:57 AM »
In my mind's eye Kim is from Seneca, or maybe Sabetha.

I don't think Kim will die. She moves back home and that is why Jimmy/Saul chooses Omaha as a soft landing spot in Breaking Bad. It's in close proximity to Kim.

I can see this theory. I don't think she's going to die because that would crush Jimmy and I don't think he'd stick around ABQ and become Saul if something that devastating happened to him.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 07, 2016, 02:50:20 PM »
Okay, so the long opening single cam shot following the truck crossing the border was really rough ridin' stylish and cool.

Totally loved watching Jimmy go all chimp with a machine gun crazy while trying to sabotage HHM.

Was bummed to see in the sneak peek that his plot fails. But, hey, that's Saul. One major disappointment after another.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 07, 2016, 05:54:14 PM »
I wonder how many seasons of Slippin' Jimmy we'll get until we get Saul. As discussed I've never seen BB so I'm looking forward to Saul.

Offline Missouriscribe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 07, 2016, 09:36:55 PM »
Okay, so the long opening single cam shot following the truck crossing the border was really rough ridin' stylish and cool.

Totally loved watching Jimmy go all chimp with a machine gun crazy while trying to sabotage HHM.

Was bummed to see in the sneak peek that his plot fails. But, hey, that's Saul. One major disappointment after another.

That was great. It looked like it was shot from a drone.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 08, 2016, 08:58:00 AM »
I wonder how many seasons of Slippin' Jimmy we'll get until we get Saul. As discussed I've never seen BB so I'm looking forward to Saul.

Are you ever going to watch BB?  I would be curious what the experience would be if you watched it following BCS concluding

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 08, 2016, 09:41:00 AM »

I mean, he really is the same guy character wise. I don't think you could say he ever snaps and stops being slipping Jimmy. He just gets mixed up with various shady characters along the way just like he has since like the second episode of BCS.

I'm actually more interested to see exactly how Mike gets in with Gus.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 08, 2016, 10:06:33 AM »
Saul's strip mall office in BB kills me every time. The columns, the circular windows, the goddamn Constitution wallpaper, the inflatable Statue of Liberty on the roof, and the waiting room packed full with plenty of dirty, smelly looking people, thugs, crying babies, and neck braces.

I wonder if that's his cocobolo desk.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 09, 2016, 10:47:42 AM »

Are you ever going to watch BB?  I would be curious what the experience would be if you watched it following BCS concluding

I would like to. I took up BCS from the start based on a tip that Saul was the best part of BB.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 12, 2016, 08:41:21 AM »
Things are getting out of hand with Jimmy.  Im really interested to see how this plays out, though.  We're still not up to Saul yet, but it feels closer.  He won't be getting caught, i don't think, since hes still a practicing lawyer in BB (He certainly would be disbarred if he got caught forging documents) but theres no Chuck and no Kim SO WHAT HAPPENS???

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 12, 2016, 08:53:49 AM »
I hope his brother dies!

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 12, 2016, 11:27:02 AM »
I really like this show

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 12, 2016, 12:19:56 PM »
I think that Chuck dies. Kim obvs knows that Jimmy did forge those documents and chose him over the "right" thing/going along with Chuck. Jimmy takes Chuck's death hard, tells Kim all the dets about him bribing the printer clerk, being there, etc. Kim realizes that Chuck was right and shuns Jimmy.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 12, 2016, 01:21:53 PM »
I think that Chuck dies. Kim obvs knows that Jimmy did forge those documents and chose him over the "right" thing/going along with Chuck. Jimmy takes Chuck's death hard, tells Kim all the dets about him bribing the printer clerk, being there, etc. Kim realizes that Chuck was right and shuns Jimmy.
Kim already knows he did it tho! Did you not take hint during the bed scene?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 12, 2016, 01:24:30 PM »
If chuck dies, Kim is the only thing keeping him from fully shedding his conscience.  That said, there is quite a bit of Kim left, imo, but we can't get into that here if spoilers are an issue for those who haven't watched Breaking Bad.

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 12, 2016, 02:11:04 PM »
Kim already knows he did it tho! Did you not take hint during the bed scene?

Yepper Kim knows. I'm saying that she's going to realize what Chuck has been saying all along about Jimmy and cuts ties with him, especially with Mesa Verde and them sharing the office.