Author Topic: Mack Brown  (Read 87450 times)

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Mack Brown
« Reply #550 on: December 16, 2013, 12:16:01 PM »
Does anyone think that Mack will coach again (even before 2020)?  And at what level?  Going from making big bucks to $500k would be reason enough to justify it IMO.

I doubt it, unless he's $20mil in the whole on real estate deals.

:D
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: September 02, 2014, 10:15:47 AM »
his house burned down  :frown:

@WestAustinAg  13h
Fire burns down Mack Brown's home in North Carolina. Had just moved his Texas memorabilia there. Now all gone.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: September 02, 2014, 10:58:21 AM »
his house burned down  :frown:

@WestAustinAg  13h
Fire burns down Mack Brown's home in North Carolina. Had just moved his Texas memorabilia there. Now all gone.
:frown:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: September 02, 2014, 01:42:46 PM »
Sounds very therapeutic for someone who was never appreciated when at the place all that lost memorabilia was made/earned.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: September 02, 2014, 01:45:29 PM »
Mack probably owns 4 houses in NC, he may not even be certain which house burned down. My hopes are that it turns out to be the one that is setting empty of people and memorabilia, otherwise, you know there was some sweet ass LHCBS letters and what not that also perished.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: September 02, 2014, 01:47:15 PM »
That is very bad news.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: September 02, 2014, 01:50:21 PM »
wasn't me guys

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: September 02, 2014, 02:11:03 PM »
Those Texas boosters are thorough.  Loads of attention to detail.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: September 02, 2014, 02:18:56 PM »
fire is the worst.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: September 02, 2014, 03:04:12 PM »
Insurance can't bring back memories, but they can give you boat loads of money for crap that was of no actual monetary cost to you, in Mack's case.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: September 02, 2014, 03:46:21 PM »

Insurance can't bring back memories, but they can give you boat loads of money for crap that was of no actual monetary cost to you, in Mack's case.

I went to a garage sale at Coach Z's house (former UMKC MBB coach) and he had probably 100+ warmup out fits and practice jerseys for sale, maybe 20 basketballs, and who knows how many other logo shirts. 

I bet Mack had a ton of that crap.

I bet he had a bunch of really random, but rare, treasures.  Like, I bet he had putters made from obscure materials, or like vintage guns that were fired at the Alamo, and stuff.  Maybe a lock of Darrell Royal's hair, or a mounted Jackalope.  Who knows?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: September 02, 2014, 03:58:03 PM »
Game balls from all kind of TX'ey games that were paid for by the school or NCAA and had signatures of his past players/coaches.  Stuff that would sell for a crazy amt at alumni auctions that he simply picked up on his way out of the office that night.

Rings paid for by others for winning a game that he got a bonus for playing in/winning too.

Jerseys, letters, videos, etc.

All stuff he got while also collecting his salary. 

Can you imagine?  doing your job, ppl thinking it is awesome and paying good money for random scraps/leftovers from that job. 

If I was a coach, I would fill my house with this crap and sell it off as needed to fund any whim I had during retirement. 

Kid get married and now your yacht isn't big enough?  eff it, I would sell Vince's cleats and the pic I took with Ricky when we first brought him to campus for a visit.

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: September 02, 2014, 04:02:54 PM »
Hope he didn't lose all his Bass tackle  :frown:

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: September 02, 2014, 04:33:19 PM »

Hope he didn't lose all his Bass tackle  :frown:

We should Cabelas gift card him.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: September 02, 2014, 04:34:36 PM »
Game balls from all kind of TX'ey games that were paid for by the school or NCAA and had signatures of his past players/coaches.  Stuff that would sell for a crazy amt at alumni auctions that he simply picked up on his way out of the office that night.

I would pay $$$$ for Bill's hand written note to Mack after 39-14.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: September 02, 2014, 07:49:11 PM »
That's our Mack!

:frown:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

The Big Train

« Reply #566 on: September 03, 2014, 12:19:38 AM »

Rings paid for by others for winning a game that he got a bonus for playing in/winning too.

Can you imagine?  doing your job, ppl thinking it is awesome and paying good money for random scraps/leftovers from that job. 

If I was a coach, I would fill my house with this crap and sell it off as needed to fund any whim I had during retirement. 

Kid get married and now your yacht isn't big enough?  eff it, I would sell Vince's cleats and the pic I took with Ricky when we first brought him to campus for a visit.

You obviously never played on a single organized team that actually meant a crap to you.  None of that stuff had any monetary value to Mack, you know why, actually you rough ridin' don't.  It was priceless.  Considering this post, you don't have a single piece of memorabilia to your name that is worth anything, to anyone.

I have a million things from my playing days, they are not worth crap monetarily.  To me, they are the world and more.  Don't bring this crap here and now.  There are things more valueable and important than money, you piece of crap.  This is a rant about someone who I feel for, who lost something that is more important than money, memories and passion.  Go ahead and say it was worth money to sell, for anyone who has been apart of something special or bonding, like sports, this is if you were robbed of everything you own.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: September 03, 2014, 01:46:57 AM »

I went to a garage sale at Coach Z's house (former UMKC MBB coach) and he had probably 100+ warmup out fits and practice jerseys for sale, maybe 20 basketballs, and who knows how many other logo shirts. 

I bet Mack had a ton of that crap.

I bet he had a bunch of really random, but rare, treasures.  Like, I bet he had putters made from obscure materials, or like vintage guns that were fired at the Alamo, and stuff.  Maybe a lock of Darrell Royal's hair, or a mounted Jackalope.  Who knows?

A jar containing Chris Simms appendix, an old index card reminding him to put Major Applewhite in the game and nine five-star recruits he accidentally misplaced over the years that got boxed up in the move.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: September 03, 2014, 07:00:11 AM »

You obviously never played on a single organized team that actually meant a crap to you.  None of that stuff had any monetary value to Mack, you know why, actually you rough ridin' don't.  It was priceless.  Considering this post, you don't have a single piece of memorabilia to your name that is worth anything, to anyone.

I have a million things from my playing days, they are not worth crap monetarily.  To me, they are the world and more.  Don't bring this crap here and now.  There are things more valueable and important than money, you piece of crap.  This is a rant about someone who I feel for, who lost something that is more important than money, memories and passion.  Go ahead and say it was worth money to sell, for anyone who has been apart of something special or bonding, like sports, this is if you were robbed of everything you own.

They're just things, good grief

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: September 03, 2014, 07:35:18 AM »
What in the world?

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: September 03, 2014, 07:38:28 AM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: September 03, 2014, 07:39:40 AM »
 :lol:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: September 03, 2014, 07:43:22 AM »
I bet he could get some pretty good money for that van.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: September 03, 2014, 07:54:21 AM »
i'm going to keep an eye on this thread.  cns casey if you get out of hand again with your capitalist bullshit you're going to face the ban hammer.  mack brown deserves more respect than what you're showing him.  not everything has a price tag and profit margin.

for now i think the thread is safe in big train's hands.  but i'll check back from time to time. don't worry, i've got this one jotted down in my mod notes.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: September 03, 2014, 08:03:23 AM »
RIP Mack Brown.  :cry: