Author Topic: Football Recruiting Thread  (Read 5598662 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #23050 on: December 24, 2016, 10:48:48 AM »
I actually do feel bad for the Jake Waters haters. They hur hur hur it up and then you just shut them down in 2 seconds by reminding them that he has the record for most passing yards in a single season at K-State then they're like "Tyler Lockett tho!"  :lol: :lol: :comehere: :ROFL:

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #23051 on: December 24, 2016, 11:19:05 AM »
I actually do feel bad for the Jake Waters haters. They hur hur hur it up and then you just shut them down in 2 seconds by reminding them that he has the record for most passing yards in a single season at K-State then they're like "Tyler Lockett tho!"  :lol: :lol: :comehere: :ROFL:

goEtard anti-tuck bbs'ing is latent with contradiction. I don't know how they do it. Carson Coffman slung the ball around like a mad man. We do whatever our team is built to do. That's why we, in fact, usually do get a top 20 qb in our classes (Delton, Bender, Thompson, Waters)
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Catchacold

• Combo-Fan
  • Z28gY2F0cy4=
    • View Profile
    • wildcatgrowl.com
« Reply #23052 on: December 24, 2016, 11:39:04 AM »
If anyone was wondering, Taylor Laird is the backup at University of the Incarnate Word.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23053 on: December 24, 2016, 11:51:30 AM »
Interesting turn of events for him. His girlfriend must be crushed.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23054 on: December 24, 2016, 12:00:46 PM »
Yeah, that Jake waters team was incredible

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23055 on: December 24, 2016, 12:27:02 PM »
Who said incredible? I'll take 9-3 any day tho!

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #23056 on: December 24, 2016, 01:17:36 PM »
The 2014 offense was very good, even without any kind of running game.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #23057 on: December 24, 2016, 02:32:43 PM »

Jake was our leading rusher with 714 yards.... Also Curry Sexton casually put up a 1,000 yard season. For reference Pringle led our team this year with 524 yards

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23058 on: December 24, 2016, 02:42:45 PM »
Wow! :love:

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23059 on: December 24, 2016, 06:54:37 PM »

Jake was our leading rusher with 714 yards.... Also Curry Sexton casually put up a 1,000 yard season. For reference Pringle led our team this year with 524 yards

Kind of surprised by that. Didn't realize he was the team leader in receiving yards this year. He came on late. Our receiving core next year is just.... :love:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Ich.Gewinne

• Combo-Fan
  • Mumble Rap Is Great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23060 on: December 24, 2016, 08:25:12 PM »
Pro tip: Wheeler won't be a QB at K-State.

This
Back for more bad takes.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #23061 on: December 24, 2016, 09:06:26 PM »
Too bad jack walters didn't have "it"
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #23062 on: December 25, 2016, 10:42:11 AM »
that's bullshit. we need to be signing an impact QB every two years.

I agree, however you're confusing our need with the need of a potential impact QB. If you think you're an impact QB why would you come here now given: the depth chart, the offense we run with our quarterbacks, and the uncertainty of the staff?

don't fall into the trap of generalizing what recruits need. clemson signs a top-10 QB every single year (sometimes 2 per year) so there's no reason why we can't sign a top-20 QB every two years.

1. We clearly aren't Clemson
2. You're ignoring the other two reasons I gave that makes signing another top QB here a challenge.
I'm not sure why you're so charged up about this, no one is saying we don't want a top QB to sign here, we're just pointing out very obvious reasons why it isn't happening right now.

yes, we clearly aren't clemson. i'm sorry, are my meager expectations for KSU QB recruiting (1 top-20 QB every two years) actually underestimating how shitty of a program we are?

i disagree with you that there are all these obvious reasons why recruits do or don't do anything. using that logic, we shouldn't have been signing any quality recruits for the past 3-4 years because our coach and staff are old. the offensive system may hurt a little bit for QBs, it's not terribly sexy by any stretch of the imagination, but lots of high schools also run our system.

There isn't an "impact" high school quarterback in the county running the ball 30 times a game.
First off, your idea of what a QB does in our system isn't really based in reality. Ertz had 160 rushing attempts in 12 games this year. That's 13 carries/game. And many of those wouldn't have been carries if he hadn't been forced to scramble. Our system isn't only what we did with Klein (max 24 carries/game JR year). But it's a nice strawman.
What are you arguing here dude?
I only commented that the rationale that it's ok for us to not be recruiting a QB in the 2018 class because our QB depth is so great is idiotic. I then stated that it's my personal preference that we should be signing a top-20 QB every two years (minimum) and the only thing holding us from that is the competence of our recruiters.
We had the fewest passing attempts per game by far in the Big 12, you don't think that could have an effect on quarterback recruiting?
No. If anything, a recruit should look at that and see a prime opportunity.
The last college quarterback I've seen that ran a similar offense in high school was Joe Hubener and that high school team had like 4 guys who took snaps. For the record, it doesn't hurt a little, it hurts a lot but it's sexy as hell.
What are you talking about?! Tons of high school teams run the read option.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23063 on: December 26, 2016, 05:47:14 PM »
They could show recruits of Jake Waters throwing the ball 35 times a game and be like, we just stick with what's working to win games, dum dum.

Yeah thanks for being him up. Jake Waters in no way shape or form a dual threat QB, ran the ball 272 times in two seasons, that's absurd.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23064 on: December 26, 2016, 05:52:28 PM »
that's bullshit. we need to be signing an impact QB every two years.

I agree, however you're confusing our need with the need of a potential impact QB. If you think you're an impact QB why would you come here now given: the depth chart, the offense we run with our quarterbacks, and the uncertainty of the staff?

don't fall into the trap of generalizing what recruits need. clemson signs a top-10 QB every single year (sometimes 2 per year) so there's no reason why we can't sign a top-20 QB every two years.

1. We clearly aren't Clemson
2. You're ignoring the other two reasons I gave that makes signing another top QB here a challenge.
I'm not sure why you're so charged up about this, no one is saying we don't want a top QB to sign here, we're just pointing out very obvious reasons why it isn't happening right now.

yes, we clearly aren't clemson. i'm sorry, are my meager expectations for KSU QB recruiting (1 top-20 QB every two years) actually underestimating how shitty of a program we are?

i disagree with you that there are all these obvious reasons why recruits do or don't do anything. using that logic, we shouldn't have been signing any quality recruits for the past 3-4 years because our coach and staff are old. the offensive system may hurt a little bit for QBs, it's not terribly sexy by any stretch of the imagination, but lots of high schools also run our system.

There isn't an "impact" high school quarterback in the county running the ball 30 times a game.
First off, your idea of what a QB does in our system isn't really based in reality. Ertz had 160 rushing attempts in 12 games this year. That's 13 carries/game. And many of those wouldn't have been carries if he hadn't been forced to scramble. Our system isn't only what we did with Klein (max 24 carries/game JR year). But it's a nice strawman.
What are you arguing here dude?
I only commented that the rationale that it's ok for us to not be recruiting a QB in the 2018 class because our QB depth is so great is idiotic. I then stated that it's my personal preference that we should be signing a top-20 QB every two years (minimum) and the only thing holding us from that is the competence of our recruiters.
We had the fewest passing attempts per game by far in the Big 12, you don't think that could have an effect on quarterback recruiting?
No. If anything, a recruit should look at that and see a prime opportunity.
The last college quarterback I've seen that ran a similar offense in high school was Joe Hubener and that high school team had like 4 guys who took snaps. For the record, it doesn't hurt a little, it hurts a lot but it's sexy as hell.

What are you talking about?! Tons of high school teams run the read option.

Yeah those are the guys who'll want to play quarterback here given our offense, unfortunately those guys running read option in high school aren't the top 20 qb's you think we should be getting. LOL at a run first high school QB being ranked top 20 as a quarterback.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23065 on: December 26, 2016, 05:55:35 PM »
They could show recruits of Jake Waters throwing the ball 35 times a game and be like, we just stick with what's working to win games, dum dum.

Yeah thanks for being him up. Jake Waters in no way shape or form a dual threat QB, ran the ball 272 times in two seasons, that's absurd.

In 2014 Jake Waters had more rushes than Charles Jones :ROFL: what in the world?

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23066 on: December 26, 2016, 08:52:20 PM »

In 2014 Jake Waters had more rushes than Charles Jones :ROFL: what in the world?

He was a throwing QB who got his throwing shoulder hurt running 10+ times a game.  Throwing QB recruits will love that game tape.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23067 on: December 26, 2016, 08:58:12 PM »

He was a throwing QB who got his throwing shoulder hurt running 10+ times a game.  Throwing QB recruits will love that game tape.

No way, I bet they spend time at the Elite 11 camp talking about finding a place where they can be subjected to running the ball 15-25 times a game.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #23068 on: December 26, 2016, 10:21:18 PM »
MIR is correct; we're not going to entice a top 20 QB with what we ask our QB's to do.  Nobody wants to be a battering ram QB.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23069 on: December 26, 2016, 10:42:52 PM »
I loved Jake Waters.

Also, in regard to the lack of running game in 2014, I was beginning to think that Charlie Dickey wasn't getting as much out of the OL as he should have been. He has erased any doubt that I had that he was losing his touch with the way the OL has played this year.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23070 on: December 26, 2016, 10:48:30 PM »
I loved Jake Waters.

Also, in regard to the lack of running game in 2014, I was beginning to think that Charlie Dickey wasn't getting as much out of the OL as he should have been. He has erased any doubt that I had that he was losing his touch with the way the OL has played this year.
Anyone who hates Jake, has a very small brain. That offense was a blast to watch, especially with his arm. Sorry you guys missed out on a batterying ram year! Those have been a blast! :ROFL:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23071 on: December 26, 2016, 11:17:34 PM »
How did this devolve into a who hates Jake Waters thread v23,547.0?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23072 on: December 27, 2016, 09:34:46 AM »

Sorry you guys missed out on a batterying ram year!

:D

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #23073 on: December 27, 2016, 09:50:14 AM »
Is MIR implying that ~136 rushing attempts a season is a lot for a college qb, or admitting how stupid the premise is that recruiting a qb to "our offense" is impossible? I can't tell.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23074 on: December 27, 2016, 07:39:04 PM »
All the reasons and excuses aside:  We still pretty much suck at recruiting quarterbacks. 

But whatevs,  so many Kstate fans get all meltdowney at any talk of wanting better.