Author Topic: Football Recruiting Thread  (Read 5594315 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #23025 on: December 23, 2016, 03:29:10 AM »
I told you guys we weren't getting a QB with options. Not only is the depth chart quite a large hurdle for an incoming freshman but the offense we run foregos skill for will, I can't see a high school kid signing up for that.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #23026 on: December 23, 2016, 08:52:27 AM »
I told you guys we weren't getting a QB with options. Not only is the depth chart quite a large hurdle for an incoming freshman but the offense we run foregos skill for will, I can't see a high school kid signing up for that.
Totally this. We are not an ideal situation for a 2017/2018 QB right now.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #23027 on: December 23, 2016, 10:24:16 AM »
DNC about this kid

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23028 on: December 23, 2016, 10:33:09 AM »
I hope "will over skill" is a slogan that catches on. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #23029 on: December 23, 2016, 11:25:26 AM »
that's bullshit. we need to be signing an impact QB every two years.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23030 on: December 23, 2016, 11:28:21 AM »
Well he wasn't an impact QB, so don't worry, doofus.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23031 on: December 23, 2016, 11:31:24 AM »
Also, this is probably the healthiest we've been depth wise at the QB position in quite sometime. I'll feel safe with all 3 QB's next year.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #23032 on: December 23, 2016, 11:38:25 AM »
kid would've been moved to wide out and maybe played in a few games

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23033 on: December 23, 2016, 01:39:24 PM »
Well he wasn't an impact QB, so don't worry, doofus.

He's an Alex Delton-level HS recruit in terms of tools, but you can't project his college career at all. When I say impact, I mean kids that are like Delton, Sams, Thompson and Waters, etc as opposed to projects like Ertz, Wheeler and Bender.

We should be taking a QB every year. We're taking a project in 2017, so we should try for more of an impact recruit in 2018.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23034 on: December 23, 2016, 01:50:54 PM »
Pro tip: Wheeler won't be a QB at K-State. Also, Ertz isn't a project anymore, he'll be a top tier level QB in this conference. I don't know why some of you still want to crap on him. He's been playing with a broken wing, I can only imagine how much better he'll be next year.

I bet you never even knew we were recruiting this kid until I copy and pasted that tweet. Comparing him to Delton is laughable. Everyone knew that guys name, nobody has ever really heard of this kid before. Also ignoring Skylar Thompson who's got 4 years coming in and is being highly talked about is pretty funny too. This staff is doing their job, you just like really fast black QB's and that's cool I guess.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23035 on: December 23, 2016, 01:59:30 PM »

I agree, however you're confusing our need with the need of a potential impact QB. If you think you're an impact QB why would you come here now given: the depth chart, the offense we run with our quarterbacks, and the uncertainty of the staff?

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23036 on: December 23, 2016, 02:19:20 PM »
Pro tip: Wheeler won't be a QB at K-State. Also, Ertz isn't a project anymore, he'll be a top tier level QB in this conference. I don't know why some of you still want to crap on him. He's been playing with a broken wing, I can only imagine how much better he'll be next year.

I bet you never even knew we were recruiting this kid until I copy and pasted that tweet. Comparing him to Delton is laughable. Everyone knew that guys name, nobody has ever really heard of this kid before. Also ignoring Skylar Thompson who's got 4 years coming in and is being highly talked about is pretty funny too. This staff is doing their job, you just like really fast black QB's and that's cool I guess.

I'm talking about HS recruits, not college players. Some potential impact recruits don't pan out the way people expect and some project recruits develop really nicely and turn into good players. Saying that Ertz was a project recruit at QB isn't an insult, it's just a fact. He's developed really nicely and has shown why he should be our starting QB.

Actually, I've known about Jace Ruder since he was a sophomore, before he went to the OSU camp and got a bunch of attention. Ruder is probably a bit lower on the radar than Delton was prior to their senior seasons, but Ruder plays at a lower classification than Delton did. If you watch their HS tape, they have a lot of the same tools - good runners (designed runs for both), decent arms. Delton is faster, Ruder has a bigger arm than Delton had, might also be a little more accurate.

But somebody has to be the guy behind Thompson, and if you say that Wheeler isn't ever going to play a down at QB for the cats, then it's gotta be someone else. Saying that we don't need a QB in this class because our depth is so amazing is idiotic. A couple injuries in the next 2-3 years and we could really be mumped.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23037 on: December 23, 2016, 02:24:25 PM »
He's a 2018 recruit. Do you think they're done looking for a QB in that class?

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23038 on: December 23, 2016, 03:42:24 PM »
Can we for the love of god stop with the black qb white qb crap? If ell was white he would still be my fav. Just stop with that crap or take it somewhere else

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23039 on: December 23, 2016, 04:02:53 PM »
Of course the staff is still going to recruit QBs for 2018. This isn't about Jace Ruder, like, at all. Its about rationalizing not getting a recruit by saying that its fine because our QB depth is so amazing.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23040 on: December 23, 2016, 04:09:35 PM »
I've seen this staff do a pretty good job of bringing in JUCO QB's in a pinch. Excuse me for not freaking out more.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23041 on: December 23, 2016, 04:47:59 PM »

I agree, however you're confusing our need with the need of a potential impact QB. If you think you're an impact QB why would you come here now given: the depth chart, the offense we run with our quarterbacks, and the uncertainty of the staff?

don't fall into the trap of generalizing what recruits need. clemson signs a top-10 QB every single year (sometimes 2 per year) so there's no reason why we can't sign a top-20 QB every two years.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23042 on: December 23, 2016, 09:47:24 PM »
Does anyone else remember Jace and the Wheeled Warriors?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23043 on: December 23, 2016, 09:59:50 PM »

don't fall into the trap of generalizing what recruits need. clemson signs a top-10 QB every single year (sometimes 2 per year) so there's no reason why we can't sign a top-20 QB every two years.

1. We clearly aren't Clemson
2. You're ignoring the other two reasons I gave that makes signing another top QB here a challenge.
I'm not sure why you're so charged up about this, no one is saying we don't want a top QB to sign here, we're just pointing out very obvious reasons why it isn't happening right now.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23044 on: December 23, 2016, 11:10:20 PM »

2. You're ignoring the other two reasons I gave that makes signing another top QB here a challenge.
I'm not sure why you're so charged up about this, no one is saying we don't want a top QB to sign here, we're just pointing out very obvious reasons why it isn't happening right now.

yes, we clearly aren't clemson. i'm sorry, are my meager expectations for KSU QB recruiting (1 top-20 QB every two years) actually underestimating how shitty of a program we are?

i disagree with you that there are all these obvious reasons why recruits do or don't do anything. using that logic, we shouldn't have been signing any quality recruits for the past 3-4 years because our coach and staff are old. the offensive system may hurt a little bit for QBs, it's not terribly sexy by any stretch of the imagination, but lots of high schools also run our system.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23045 on: December 23, 2016, 11:13:30 PM »
Can we for the love of god stop with the black qb white qb crap? If ell was white he would still be my fav. Just stop with that crap or take it somewhere else

This.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23046 on: December 24, 2016, 12:22:54 AM »

yes, we clearly aren't clemson. i'm sorry, are my meager expectations for KSU QB recruiting (1 top-20 QB every two years) actually underestimating how shitty of a program we are?

i disagree with you that there are all these obvious reasons why recruits do or don't do anything. using that logic, we shouldn't have been signing any quality recruits for the past 3-4 years because our coach and staff are old. the offensive system may hurt a little bit for QBs, it's not terribly sexy by any stretch of the imagination, but lots of high schools also run our system.

There isn't an "impact" high school quarterback in the county running the ball 30 times a game. What are you arguing here dude? We had the fewest passing attempts per game by far in the Big 12, you don't think that could have an effect on quarterback recruiting?
The last college quarterback I've seen that ran a similar offense in high school was Joe Hubener and that high school team had like 4 guys who took snaps. For the record, it doesn't hurt a little, it hurts a lot but it's sexy as hell.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #23047 on: December 24, 2016, 06:18:06 AM »
They could show recruits of Jake Waters throwing the ball 35 times a game and be like, we just stick with what's working to win games, dum dum.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23048 on: December 24, 2016, 10:17:10 AM »
They could show recruits of Jake Waters throwing the ball 35 times a game and be like, we just stick with what's working to win games, dum dum.
I hope they don't look at record books if that's the case.

The Big Train

« Reply #23049 on: December 24, 2016, 10:30:56 AM »
:jerk: