Author Topic: Sean Snyder - CBS Sports  (Read 37545 times)

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Sean Snyder - CBS Sports
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2017, 12:36:08 PM »
I heard a rumor from a players Dad's friend (I know, bare with me here) who asked me the other day, "so how do you feel about Snyder's son being the HC this season?"... I looked at him really perplexed and he came back with, "oh, I figured you knew that Snyder was going to step down right before the season started so they had no choice but to name his son HC... at least that's what "players dad" said his son said".... we all know someones uncles cousins dads brother who has a kid on the team, but figured I would pass it along.

I found it odd that Bill went from pissed this got out to giving national writers the exact date of his next scan.  Of course, there's a 98% chance I'm reading too much into it with years of being conditioned to 2nd guess anything Bill says.

FYI Bill was not pissed it was announced and was the person who decided it "got out".

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2017, 01:08:56 PM »
 Bill will coach this team if he's physically standing.  Taking it to a dr. Pep is his best chance of peacefully passing the job to Sean.

Handing a team that many think can win a lot of games to his son and him under achieving would be how to keep Sean from getting job permanently

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2017, 02:17:24 PM »
"I have a strong belief and my preference is Sean," LHC Bill Snyder told ESPN last year. "He knows more about our football program than anyone. He runs our program."
That was last year, but I doubt LHCBS has changed his mind.  As many have alluded to about this on varied forums, he has never steered us wrong.  If that remains coach’s belief is there any reason we feel compelled to doubt he knows what is best for the program?   Do we all of a sudden believe he has a reason to undermine his legacy, just for ego satisfaction? 
Others have advised against it, apparently at their peril. There is a battle inside the walls of the K-State administrative and football offices that has raged for years, according to several sources.
I know that Currie was dead set against it, and that makes me think hiring Sean is the right choice for just that reason.  But I do wonder what does the “others” know that we standing on the outside may not be privy to? 
Along with the likes of Joe Paterno and Bobby Bowden, a couple of years ago Snyder became one of the four active coaches ever inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame.
Why these 2 comparisons were made gives me reason for hesitation.  We know how both ended which was not well, albeit Jimbo Fisher as Head Coach in Waiting did eventually get FSU back on the right track.  As also indicated, this program is so well run now, it could go 2 years without LHCBS at the helm assuming the person taking over continues to run the program in the right direction.

One final note on the article that should have everyone worried is the perils that this conference once the GOR agreement gets closer to the end.  The history of K-State football puts us in a precarious situations.  We CANNOT afford to take a step backward.  In fact if anything this program needs to be prepared to go to the next level or find itself in mid-major conference should the Big XII dissolve. JMHO

LHC Bill Snyder has steered us wrong.   

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2017, 03:14:02 PM »
"I have a strong belief and my preference is Sean," LHC Bill Snyder told ESPN last year. "He knows more about our football program than anyone. He runs our program."
That was last year, but I doubt LHCBS has changed his mind.  As many have alluded to about this on varied forums, he has never steered us wrong.  If that remains coach’s belief is there any reason we feel compelled to doubt he knows what is best for the program?   Do we all of a sudden believe he has a reason to undermine his legacy, just for ego satisfaction? 
Others have advised against it, apparently at their peril. There is a battle inside the walls of the K-State administrative and football offices that has raged for years, according to several sources.
I know that Currie was dead set against it, and that makes me think hiring Sean is the right choice for just that reason.  But I do wonder what does the “others” know that we standing on the outside may not be privy to? 
Along with the likes of Joe Paterno and Bobby Bowden, a couple of years ago Snyder became one of the four active coaches ever inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame.
Why these 2 comparisons were made gives me reason for hesitation.  We know how both ended which was not well, albeit Jimbo Fisher as Head Coach in Waiting did eventually get FSU back on the right track.  As also indicated, this program is so well run now, it could go 2 years without LHCBS at the helm assuming the person taking over continues to run the program in the right direction.

One final note on the article that should have everyone worried is the perils that this conference once the GOR agreement gets closer to the end.  The history of K-State football puts us in a precarious situations.  We CANNOT afford to take a step backward.  In fact if anything this program needs to be prepared to go to the next level or find itself in mid-major conference should the Big XII dissolve. JMHO

LHC Bill Snyder has steered us wrong.

Retiring rather than firing assistants is the ultimate not doing what's best for the program & undermining a legacy for ego satisfaction.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2017, 03:19:57 PM »
sean will probably be able to retain good assistants if he can learn to keep his dick in his pants unlike that son of a bitch ron prince

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2017, 03:27:55 PM »
I look forward to being booed publicly for using the phrase: "You know nothing, Sean Snow"

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2017, 04:31:37 PM »
I will not under any circumstances support a Sean Snyder regime.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2017, 04:50:07 PM »
I won't either if we suck, if we are good on the other hand...

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2017, 05:36:44 PM »
I won't either if we suck, if we are good on the other hand...

This, although I can't go through 6 seasons of "Sean deserves a chance to prove himself" like we're currently doing in hoops

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2017, 08:09:04 PM »
It's Happening.

^^^lol remember this freaking thing?^^^

You know I am your biggest fan, right?

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2017, 08:16:58 PM »
sean will probably be able to retain good assistants if he can learn to keep his dick in his pants unlike that son of a bitch ron prince
Amen, brother clam! 
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2017, 10:19:51 PM »
I know I'm probably picking "side" on the opening coin flip here but what if sean had the Xs and Os like OB but also recruits harder? I mean...
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2017, 11:08:34 PM »
What I don't understand, is why doesn't Sean pitch for the job.  It seems only OB wants Sean to be HC.  Why hasn't Sean been interviewed about what his aspirations' are.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2017, 08:17:56 AM »
The tunnel dance tho. :lol:

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2017, 09:10:36 AM »
I know I'm probably picking "side" on the opening coin flip here but what if sean had the Xs and Os like OB but also recruits harder? I mean...

If he was capable of doing either better than our current recruiters or coordinators, then he would already be doing those jobs now.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2017, 09:25:03 AM »
You mean the guys that've helped us develop our best two deep roster since back in the late 90's? Those guys?

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2017, 01:19:30 PM »
do coaches have issue with coaches who haven't "paid their dues"

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2017, 01:22:56 PM »
do coaches have issue with coaches who haven't "paid their dues"
I mean, they're human. Not often a guy in mid management would be happy when the cocky young blood that just pulled in that big account gets promoted over him. Sean's not that guy, but you get the point.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2017, 02:04:03 PM »
sean was an all american punter at k-state but failed to hack it in the pros, that tells me everything i need to know about him

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2017, 02:04:48 PM »
sean was an all american punter at k-state but failed to hack it in the pros, that tells me everything i need to know about him
Kinda like Pullen.  :surprised:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2017, 02:18:00 PM »

pullen has been a professional since the day he left ksu

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2017, 02:53:30 PM »

pullen has been a professional since the day he left ksu

that is a body bagging.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2017, 03:16:04 PM »
It's Happening.

^^^lol remember this freaking thing?^^^

You know I am your biggest fan, right?

I have always loved that

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2017, 05:42:36 PM »
No one knows what will happen when the grant of rights expires, but my personal belief is that we may end up in the AAC or the equivalent of a no-OU/UT big 12.  That is my belief.

As a result, I don't really care who our coach is after LHC Bill Snyder.  It's over after Bill, one way or another, IMO.  So, rough ridin' give the gig to Sean as a "thank you" to Bill.  Bill is literally our entire history of a program.  It's him.  He can do what the eff he wants with the final relevant days of KSU football. 

Go cats!

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2017, 05:50:37 PM »
No one knows what will happen when the grant of rights expires, but my personal belief is that we may end up in the AAC or the equivalent of a no-OU/UT big 12.  That is my belief.

As a result, I don't really care who our coach is after LHC Bill Snyder.  It's over after Bill, one way or another, IMO.  So, rough ridin' give the gig to Sean as a "thank you" to Bill.  Bill is literally our entire history of a program.  It's him.  He can do what the eff he wants with the final relevant days of KSU football. 

Go cats!