Author Topic: Sean Snyder - CBS Sports  (Read 37820 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sean Snyder - CBS Sports
« Reply #150 on: May 18, 2017, 05:02:59 AM »
They're a top 10 program of all time.

Yeah, underestimating ou is pretty dumb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you guys arguing they are a bigger brand than any of those I mentioned? Certainly not, so what the hell are you arguing? Either you guys need an explanation of the difference between a winning program and what brand power is or we're just having two different conversations.  USC, Penn State, and LSU all have fewer wins all time than OU are you going to argue that OU is a stronger brand than any of these teams? I don't give a crap how good they are, they're not one of the stronger national brands, they're still a big deal but they're essentially Oregon nationally. They were in the top 5 essentially the entire year yet they only played two regular season games that were in the top 5 rated games all year and it was their first two games; the stand alone game against Houston and the national game against Ohio State.

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/college-football-tv-ratings/

Some OU fans would saying you're making the case of why they should leave the Big12.  They see themselves as a top 10 all time program.  You can call them delusional all you want, but that's what they strive to be.  If you want to be at that level, you have to consistently play other programs at that to draw the national eyes.  In the Big12 they get 2 of those games a year.  Texas and they have to schedule another OOC.  OU was 1 of the top 3 or 4 national programs under Bud Wilkinson.  They won 3 national championships under Barry Switzer.  OU fans that came of age under Switzer don't give a crap about the loser mentality of "easiest path to the playoff".  They want to be the best team in the country.  They want the perception as a top-10 program.  You're right they haven't had highly watched games.  They get an OOC in September & UT in October.  Who in the Big12 is going to provide a national game in November?  But hey, the Big12 gives them an easier path to side into that 3 or 4 seed through November.

You're right about all of that. They do run the risk of becoming Arkansas though. The most likely scenario is them becoming the 3rd-5th best program in the conference. High school football in Oklahoma is generally pretty good, I'm not sure they want the SEC coming in there. OU certainly won't be pulling anymore deep South kids by going into the SEC.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 18, 2017, 06:54:07 AM »
They're a top 10 program of all time.

Yeah, underestimating ou is pretty dumb.

Are you guys arguing they are a bigger brand than any of those I mentioned? Certainly not, so what the hell are you arguing? Either you guys need an explanation of the difference between a winning program and what brand power is or we're just having two different conversations.  USC, Penn State, and LSU all have fewer wins all time than OU are you going to argue that OU is a stronger brand than any of these teams? I don't give a crap how good they are, they're not one of the stronger national brands, they're still a big deal but they're essentially Oregon nationally. They were in the top 5 essentially the entire year yet they only played two regular season games that were in the top 5 rated games all year and it was their first two games; the stand alone game against Houston and the national game against Ohio State.

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/college-football-tv-ratings/

Some OU fans would saying you're making the case of why they should leave the Big12.  They see themselves as a top 10 all time program.  You can call them delusional all you want, but that's what they strive to be.  If you want to be at that level, you have to consistently play other programs at that to draw the national eyes.  In the Big12 they get 2 of those games a year.  Texas and they have to schedule another OOC.  OU was 1 of the top 3 or 4 national programs under Bud Wilkinson.  They won 3 national championships under Barry Switzer.  OU fans that came of age under Switzer don't give a crap about the loser mentality of "easiest path to the playoff".  They want to be the best team in the country.  They want the perception as a top-10 program.  You're right they haven't had highly watched games.  They get an OOC in September & UT in October.  Who in the Big12 is going to provide a national game in November?  But hey, the Big12 gives them an easier path to side into that 3 or 4 seed through November.

You're right about all of that. They do run the risk of becoming Arkansas though. The most likely scenario is them becoming the 3rd-5th best program in the conference. High school football in Oklahoma is generally pretty good, I'm not sure they want the SEC coming in there. OU certainly won't be pulling anymore deep South kids by going into the SEC.

My favorite idea that I've heard is OU & KU need to work to cut the Big12 schedule back to 8 games & call the SEC/Mizzou/Arkansas to change thanksgiving weekend to KU/Mizzou & OU/Arky.  If OU is having the type of season the fans think they should have, that's a top-20 rated game because casual fans of both conferences are watching.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 06:58:05 AM by TheHamburglar »
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #152 on: May 18, 2017, 07:50:34 AM »
Loving all this realignment talk.  Too bad there isn't a 1200+ page thread somewhere that could cover a lot of these talking points so we can get back to talking about Sean Snyder being HC.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 18, 2017, 09:29:59 AM »
In case you haven't caught on already, Sean Snyder is not going to be the next head coach, so it's pretty pointless to keep talking about it.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 18, 2017, 10:00:38 AM »
In case you haven't caught on already, Sean Snyder is not going to be the next head coach, so it's pretty pointless to keep talking about it.

That's the spirit
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline WildcatNation

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 18, 2017, 10:16:10 AM »
Pretty much every issue with this stupid conference is fixed if we simply change the schedule to 8 conference games. But this conference will eff that up too.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 18, 2017, 03:21:52 PM »
Pretty much every issue with this stupid conference is fixed if we simply change the schedule to 8 conference games. But this conference will eff that up too.
I would agree that 8 would help, and mainly because it would sort of create a "need" for a championship game where we obviously don't right now. However, I don't know if it would affect our TV contract. I suspect it would.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 09, 2017, 09:16:08 AM »
At the Catbacker event in Topeka, Bill started laying the ground work for coaching from the press box in the first game.  According to Haskins, when asked about dealing with the heat, he said if its too hot he may do what he did in the 2nd half of the spring game.  He made some jokes about cold drinks and ice cream, but he's already putting in people's heads the idea of letting Sean run it from the sideline the 1st game.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 09:19:29 AM by TheHamburglar »
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 09, 2017, 10:19:55 AM »
At the Catbacker event in Topeka, Bill started laying the ground work for coaching from the press box in the first game.  According to Haskins, when asked about dealing with the heat, he said if its too hot he may do what he did in the 2nd half of the spring game.  He made some jokes about cold drinks and ice cream, but he's already putting in people's heads the idea of letting Sean run it from the sideline the 1st game.

Heck, if he does and Sean calls a great game, sweet! 

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 09, 2017, 11:13:35 AM »
He will be head coach come August.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 09, 2017, 11:35:09 AM »
I'm warming to the idea of Sean as HC.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 09, 2017, 11:35:33 AM »
If Sean becomes head coach, I'm sure he'll call as many offensive plays and defenses as Bill has the last several years.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 09, 2017, 11:36:44 AM »
JK you guys, I still hate the idea.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 09, 2017, 11:48:12 AM »
^ had me going

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 09, 2017, 06:15:03 PM »
It's gonna be awful when he's HC

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 09, 2017, 11:35:14 PM »
The Sean show is going to be the most interesting sports thing to hit this region since Huggs.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 10, 2017, 09:02:56 AM »
If Sean keeps blocking ppl on Twitter that have never @'d him, this fanbase will eat him alive. Eff you, Sean! :shakesfist:

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 12, 2017, 11:02:20 PM »
Could this Catbackers Tour serve as the farewell tour for Snyder?

“It possibly very well could be, but at the same time, if I’ve learned anything from Coach Snyder, it’s that if this would be his farewell tour, he would’ve let the guys on the team know,” Risner said. “You know what I mean? We probably would’ve been aware of that. I think no matter what, Coach Snyder is going to have a big part in our football program this next year. Not saying that he’s going to be 100 percent and be the head coach the whole time, but I still think he’s going to be a part of the program, and be around the complex a lot, and hopefully, he’s there all the time.

“Hopefully, he’s on the sidelines coaching.”

https://kansasstate.rivals.com/news/bill-snyder-an-enduring-inspiration

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 13, 2017, 10:04:40 AM »
Not saying

Offline porky morgan

• Not the real Porky Morgan
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 13, 2017, 12:17:30 PM »
Maid rite sandwiches :D

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 13, 2017, 12:54:22 PM »
Except that one time when he suprised everybody by retiring. Other than that, yea he'd let the players know for sure.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 19, 2017, 11:46:17 AM »
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/sam-mellinger/article162264998.html

kinda seems like Sean wants to be a head coach, i'd always thought Bill wanted him to be but he didn't really want to

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 19, 2017, 12:00:47 PM »
Calling him Sean will rile up the tucks, ya know.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 19, 2017, 12:20:18 PM »
Calling him Sean will rile up the tucks, ya know.

no it won't.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 19, 2017, 12:33:34 PM »
Do people still not think this will happen?