Author Topic: How good is Jaren Lewis?  (Read 6142 times)

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
Re: How good is Jaren Lewis?
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2021, 11:00:11 AM »
Ok st is gonna have to prep for 2 qbs now. Lotta film to watch on handoffs from Jaren

Offline KanSt43

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2021, 09:19:27 AM »
He made a couple bad throws/bad decision on the interception….but MAN. If you go back and look at the tape, our WR’s get absolutely no separation. No one is ever open. There was a time on one of Lewis’ scrambles where literally every receiver stopped instead of adjusting their route or coming back to the football. That deep throw Lewis made to Knowles down the sideline was a great ball (could’ve been defensive PI, but whatever). I thought Lewis did a solid job under the circumstances. Is he the answer? No. But he can absolutely be serviceable.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2021, 09:28:56 AM »
He looks absolutely terrified back there

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2021, 01:16:43 PM »
He made a couple bad throws/bad decision on the interception….but MAN. If you go back and look at the tape, our WR’s get absolutely no separation. No one is ever open. There was a time on one of Lewis’ scrambles where literally every receiver stopped instead of adjusting their route or coming back to the football. That deep throw Lewis made to Knowles down the sideline was a great ball (could’ve been defensive PI, but whatever). I thought Lewis did a solid job under the circumstances. Is he the answer? No. But he can absolutely be serviceable.

What tape? Are you talking about the ESPN+ feed and their literal four cameras in which we can only see one at a time?

Offline KanSt43

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2021, 08:32:09 PM »
Short answer - Not good. But to be fair, Weber wasn’t even looking on the shallow cross. But yeah

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2021, 09:24:29 PM »
If your first play in a big game is to give it to the other team, then yeah, you're probably not that good.