Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 3980714 times)

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #13975 on: September 21, 2011, 02:19:52 PM »
You can't deny that Boise TV market
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #13976 on: September 21, 2011, 02:21:58 PM »
For his contributions to the board, the good captain deserves a new image:

:blush:
:love:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13977 on: September 21, 2011, 02:22:15 PM »
Texas tried to put high school games on their network.  Don't tell me they didn't (re)start all this crap.  

I seriously hope you aren't proposing that this crap is because ESPN wanted to put high school games on the LHN?  That would be beyond stupid.  As bad of an idea it was to put high school games on any conference or school network, and it was a really bad idea, it has absolutely nothing to do with conference realignment, literally not a damn thing.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13978 on: September 21, 2011, 02:27:59 PM »
Texas tried to put high school games on their network.  Don't tell me they didn't (re)start all this crap.  

I seriously hope you aren't proposing that this crap is because ESPN wanted to put high school games on the LHN?  That would be beyond stupid.  As bad of an idea it was to put high school games on any conference or school network, and it was a really bad idea, it has absolutely nothing to do with conference realignment, literally not a damn thing.

I agree, but it's a talking point that distracts from the butthurt that is really driving this thing.  Teams like a&m and OU whose motivation is wanting to be on the same plane as UT are now able to point at that and say, "Well look at what they want to do with it.  We can't stand for that." which looks tons better than, "I want a shiny new network too!  Whaaah!"
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13979 on: September 21, 2011, 02:28:41 PM »
Seriously, how amazing would the conference tourney be with Louisville and West Virginia in the fold.  Damn.

I want BYU and Louisville no matter what the scenario may be.  WVU would be great, but the travel.

I guess, in terms of footprint, BYU, Louisville, and WVU would be our best bet.  Logistically, BYU, Louisville, and TCU make the most sense.
What's wrong with Boise State.  65,000 seat stadium and currently ranked #4.  :kstategrad:

35,000 not 65,000

There are current plans to expand past 50k.

In late August 2010, new expansion plans were revealed for Bronco Stadium. The first stages will include adding a new facility to the north endzone, which will house the football offices, weight room, training room, equipment room and locker room. This would also include a 13,200 seat grandstand. The later stages of the expansion plan include: removing the track, lowering the field, and adding 3,300 seats in front of the first deck of the stadium; completing the south endzone horseshoe; building an east side skybox; and renovating the east side concourse. The expansions may be divided up into as many as six phases. The total cost for all planned expansions is around $100 million. The total seating capacity for a fully expanded Bronco Stadium is estimated to be around 53,000. The Boise State athletic director aims to have the north endzone complex open in time for the 2013 season.
-- wikipedia

Lowering the field usually sucks because it changes the sight lines for the existing seats.

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #13980 on: September 21, 2011, 02:28:55 PM »
 As bad of an idea it was to put high school games on any conference or school network, and it was a really bad idea

Would someone like to explain to me why it was a bad idea?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #13981 on: September 21, 2011, 02:35:04 PM »

Lowering the field usually sucks because it changes the sight lines for the existing seats.

Even when the current front row is super far back because of a dumb track?  Seems like they could keep the grade of the stadium exactly the same as it descends to the new field level.  
 :dunno:   <--non-architect shrug
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13982 on: September 21, 2011, 02:37:09 PM »
 As bad of an idea it was to put high school games on any conference or school network, and it was a really bad idea

The theory is that UT will feature games that feature their recruits, not the best games in the area.  When kids are juniors UT can go to them and say "If you commit to UT now your games will probably be on the LHN and advertisements going into that game will be 'watch Jonathon Gray and his Aledo Bearcats on the LHN this friday night'".  That will give Texas recruiting advantages two ways:

1) Players wanting to commit to UT so their HS games are on TV
2) HS coaches pushing their players towards UT so their games are on TV.  In Texas HS coaches are key.  There is a reason that every time Mack Brown talks about conference realignment he mentions the fans and high schools and their coaches.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13983 on: September 21, 2011, 02:38:17 PM »

Even when the current front row is super far back because of a dumb track?  Seems like they could keep the grade of the stadium exactly the same as it descends to the new field level.  

It still changes the angle from the seat to the field. The seats don't move, and the field does.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13984 on: September 21, 2011, 02:52:36 PM »

It still changes the angle from the seat to the field. The seats don't move, and the field does.

Probably the only real reason KU defends having a track for the KU relays. They would have lowered the field years ago if it had been feasible.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13985 on: September 21, 2011, 03:02:11 PM »

The theory is that UT will feature games that feature their recruits, not the best games in the area.  When kids are juniors UT can go to them and say "If you commit to UT now your games will probably be on the LHN and advertisements going into that game will be 'watch Jonathon Gray and his Aledo Bearcats on the LHN this friday night'".  That will give Texas recruiting advantages two ways:

2) HS coaches pushing their players towards UT so their games are on TV.  In Texas HS coaches are key.  There is a reason that every time Mack Brown talks about conference realignment he mentions the fans and high schools and their coaches.

seems like a great idea.  i'm helly jelly that ksu isn't in the position to do something similar.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13986 on: September 21, 2011, 03:03:26 PM »

The theory is that UT will feature games that feature their recruits, not the best games in the area.  When kids are juniors UT can go to them and say "If you commit to UT now your games will probably be on the LHN and advertisements going into that game will be 'watch Jonathon Gray and his Aledo Bearcats on the LHN this friday night'".  That will give Texas recruiting advantages two ways:

2) HS coaches pushing their players towards UT so their games are on TV.  In Texas HS coaches are key.  There is a reason that every time Mack Brown talks about conference realignment he mentions the fans and high schools and their coaches.

seems like a great idea.  i'm helly jelly that ksu isn't in the position to do something similar.

Great Bend v Hutch on kstatehd.tv?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13987 on: September 21, 2011, 03:07:21 PM »
how much would it actually help their recruiting?  don't they get just about anyone they want?

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13988 on: September 21, 2011, 03:07:41 PM »

Great Bend v Hutch on kstatehd.tv?

All the good recruits go to OU anyway, we might as well just televise 8-man games.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #13989 on: September 21, 2011, 03:08:33 PM »
how much would it actually help their recruiting?  don't they get just about anyone they want?

Seems like it's splitting hairs.  How much of a difference is consistently having the second or third best class compared t having, consistently, the second or third ranked class?

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #13990 on: September 21, 2011, 03:12:35 PM »
Seriously, how amazing would the conference tourney be with Louisville and West Virginia in the fold.  Damn.

I want BYU and Louisville no matter what the scenario may be.  WVU would be great, but the travel.

I guess, in terms of footprint, BYU, Louisville, and WVU would be our best bet.  Logistically, BYU, Louisville, and TCU make the most sense.
What's wrong with Boise State.  65,000 seat stadium and currently ranked #4.  :kstategrad:

35,000 not 65,000
Sorry, my mistake.  I was looking at Louisville's stadium and it has seating capacity of 55,000 and WVU's is 60,000; just forgot to mention that.  :thumbsup:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #13992 on: September 21, 2011, 03:18:45 PM »

V. true.  But then again, any stadium that is able to/needs to have its field lowered to add more seats between the existing first row and the field must have had terrible sightlines to begin with, meaning that this could actually improve the stadium drastically as long as they don't B-State0 it.

Looks pretty improvable to me.  Imagine if you were sitting in those front rows right now.  Good lord, terrible.   :D

http://img.discountpostersale.com/posters/PFSAAIO10901/1/Bronco-Stadium---Boise-State.jpg
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13993 on: September 21, 2011, 03:22:37 PM »
BITB schooling Jack Harry on the potential success of Mizzou in the SEC.

Jack Harry says MU could average better than 6th place in a fourteen member SEC over a 20 year period.

:lol:

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #13994 on: September 21, 2011, 03:26:27 PM »

What's wrong with Boise State.  65,000 seat stadium and currently ranked #4.  :kstategrad:

35,000 not 65,000

There are current plans to expand past 50k.

In late August 2010, new expansion plans were revealed for Bronco Stadium. The first stages will include adding a new facility to the north endzone, which will house the football offices, weight room, training room, equipment room and locker room. This would also include a 13,200 seat grandstand. The later stages of the expansion plan include: removing the track, lowering the field, and adding 3,300 seats in front of the first deck of the stadium; completing the south endzone horseshoe; building an east side skybox; and renovating the east side concourse. The expansions may be divided up into as many as six phases. The total cost for all planned expansions is around $100 million. The total seating capacity for a fully expanded Bronco Stadium is estimated to be around 53,000. The Boise State athletic director aims to have the north endzone complex open in time for the 2013 season.
-- wikipedia
Nice find.  I still think Boise State would be more than willing to join the Big XII as opposed to getting TCU with their 44,000 seat studium that they could not even fill last yr with 13-0 season.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #13995 on: September 21, 2011, 03:27:21 PM »

Jack Harry says MU could average better than 6th place in a fourteen member SEC over a 20 year period.

have they averaged better than 6th place over their entire Big 12 run with two fewer teams and playing in the weaker division?  

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13996 on: September 21, 2011, 03:30:18 PM »

have they averaged better than 6th place over their entire Big 12 run with two fewer teams and playing in the weaker division?  

Probably close.

Even better JH quote: "Do not question the intestinal fortitude of a Missouri Tiger."

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13997 on: September 21, 2011, 03:32:14 PM »
it's scripted radio but it's still pretty good. crazy jack. great stuff.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13998 on: September 21, 2011, 03:32:24 PM »

No.

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #13999 on: September 21, 2011, 03:35:55 PM »
Nothing gets Mizzou fans more riled up than being presented with facts.