Author Topic: Vandy. It is time for big revenge. I'll take our chances!  (Read 12997 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Vandy. It is time for big revenge. I'll take our chances!
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2017, 11:33:15 PM »
Renocat is exactly what Bruceketball deserves. I can't wait until the day that we all band together and run that sock out of here once and for all, not just because it's annoying af (it definitely is), but because our basketball team is bomb again and we deserve better. That will be a great day.

I jumped on board long ago but this team is really good. I love how the guards play together. Xavier's offensive improvement is pretty impressive. We have scored 90 and 84 against power six teams. Yeah, the bigs are problematic but the team is fun, it's an extremely watchable brand of basketball, probably our best offense since Denis left.

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2017, 11:59:56 PM »
...another good things is that the players don't seem to get rattled either...stockard (who is as even-keeled as anyone I can remember seeing on the court) stepping up and hitting his last 2 FTs is emblematic of that...we'll have to see if it holds up against WVU press ('Zou had a spectacular meltdown against them), but so far so good...maybe all the experience in close games is starting to pay off...

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2017, 01:10:03 AM »
The shitty thing about rebounding is it's just "want to". Hustle and box out, just get the rough ridin' rebound

This isn't true at all, I hate when people say it. There is technique to rebounding, like everything else effort certainly helps but you have to know how to rebound, our bigs don't.

"We were standing in the lay-up line, warming up and shooting, and Rodman was standing back and watching everybody shoot. I said, ‘Hey, come on, you have to participate; everybody’s shooting lay-ups, you have to shoot lay-ups, too.’ And he said, ‘I’m just watching the rotations on the basketball.’ I said, ‘Excuse me?’ He said, ‘Like, when you shoot, your ball spins three times in the air. Joe’s sometimes has 3 1/2 or four times.’

"That’s how far Rodman had taken rebounding, to a totally different level, like off the charts. He knew the rotation of every person that shot on our team — if it spins sideways, where it would bounce, how often it would bounce left or right. He had rebounding down to a science, and I never heard anyone think or talk about rebounding and defense the way he could break it down.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2017, 01:32:21 AM »
Renocat is exactly what Bruceketball deserves. I can't wait until the day that we all band together and run that sock out of here once and for all, not just because it's annoying af (it definitely is), but because our basketball team is bomb again and we deserve better. That will be a great day.

I jumped on board long ago but this team is really good. I love how the guards play together. Xavier's offensive improvement is pretty impressive. We have scored 90 and 84 against power six teams. Yeah, the bigs are problematic but the team is fun, it's an extremely watchable brand of basketball, probably our best offense since Denis left.

i will watch a game now, but only because you said persuasive things. we keep winning games and you keep using persuasive rhetoric, and i may even care again. cash me outside in 2018 bball cats.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2017, 01:46:04 AM »

i will watch a game now, but only because you said persuasive things. we keep winning games and you keep using persuasive rhetoric, and i may even care again. cash me outside in 2018 bball cats.

I was actually gonna hit everyone up for a hoopspak soon, but with the ulterior motive of getting everyone together to try and lock down a plan to go to Portland and see Beasley when the Knicks are there.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2017, 04:03:40 AM »

I was actually gonna hit everyone up for a hoopspak soon, but with the ulterior motive of getting everyone together to try and lock down a plan to go to Portland and see Beasley when the Knicks are there.

super will have to dm me to make that happen, sir. not the worst plan i've ever heard.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 04, 2017, 06:43:54 AM »

Yep. We have as strong of a top 4 as any K-State team for a while. Both games vs P6 teams have been at 1.3 points per possession.

Offline cat97

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 04, 2017, 08:05:59 AM »
The shitty thing about rebounding is it's just "want to". Hustle and box out, just get the rough ridin' rebound

This isn't true at all, I hate when people say it. There is technique to rebounding, like everything else effort certainly helps but you have to know how to rebound, our bigs don't.
  Quick, strong, tall,  athletic big guys who can anticipate, know how to box out, seal and retrieve and have strong hands seem to be better at rebounding than short, slow and unathletic players no matter how much effort the short slow guy puts out.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2017, 08:09:55 AM »
this team isn’t good

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2017, 08:16:40 AM »
Why do you think that, 'Clams?

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2017, 08:27:51 AM »

"We were standing in the lay-up line, warming up and shooting, and Rodman was standing back and watching everybody shoot. I said, ‘Hey, come on, you have to participate; everybody’s shooting lay-ups, you have to shoot lay-ups, too.’ And he said, ‘I’m just watching the rotations on the basketball.’ I said, ‘Excuse me?’ He said, ‘Like, when you shoot, your ball spins three times in the air. Joe’s sometimes has 3 1/2 or four times.’

"That’s how far Rodman had taken rebounding, to a totally different level, like off the charts. He knew the rotation of every person that shot on our team — if it spins sideways, where it would bounce, how often it would bounce left or right. He had rebounding down to a science, and I never heard anyone think or talk about rebounding and defense the way he could break it down.

I immediately thought of Rodman on this, too.  Rebounding is a skill, much like blocking in football.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2017, 09:23:32 AM »
I am surprised by people who say we don't have depth. I feel like KState has struggled with the bench being valuable for the entirety of oscar's tenure. Yesterday I felt comfortable with everyone that oscar put in the game, no one felt like a liability. I haven't felt that way with cats basketball in awhile. The SEC commentators were gushing over how much talent our team has.

Our bigs wont be recognized as great this season, but if we can cut down on fouls our offense can be very effective with them in there.

Is it our offensive scheme that seems to leave no one in place to make a run at a rebound?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 04, 2017, 09:27:21 AM »
I am surprised by people who say we don't have depth. I feel like KState has struggled with the bench being valuable for the entirety of oscar's tenure. Yesterday I felt comfortable with everyone that oscar put in the game, no one felt like a liability. I haven't felt that way with cats basketball in awhile. The SEC commentators were gushing over how much talent our team has.

Our bigs wont be recognized as great this season, but if we can cut down on fouls our offense can be very effective with them in there.

Is it our offensive scheme that seems to leave no one in place to make a run at a rebound?

I'm not too worried about oboarding because we shoot it so well. Its defensive rebounding that is a mess.

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 04, 2017, 09:40:16 AM »

In our case, guys don't box out a lot of the time. It isn't hard. Just go box out at least. Against ASU our guys just stood there and let the other team get boards it seemed like.
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 04, 2017, 09:45:04 AM »
Our bigs are pretty soft with the ball. I think that's my biggest concern with this team. It's infuriating to watch.

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 04, 2017, 10:26:54 AM »
the best development today was seeing fan post on the foundation about bball so i don't have to go this board and read "hot horse farts" one more rough ridin' time from reno.

Yeah, for basketball this place used to be the best. Not so much anymore, just not enough people care anymore. oscar I suppose.
Does this mean the end of advanced stats on gE?
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 04, 2017, 10:37:09 AM »

Our bigs are SIGNIFICANTLY better than i expected them to be when they signed.  I am thrilled with their play so far given we basically picked them up off the scrap heap.  All they need to be is serviceable for us to be decent.  so far they are.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 04, 2017, 10:38:26 AM »
the best development today was seeing fan post on the foundation about bball so i don't have to go this board and read "hot horse farts" one more rough ridin' time from reno.

Yeah, for basketball this place used to be the best. Not so much anymore, just not enough people care anymore. oscar I suppose.
Does this mean the end of advanced stats on gE?

No, I'll still post them here too.

The top 4 are really good and putting up significant numbers.

The guy we really miss this year actually is Bullnuts. Too bad he got himself booted this summer.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 04, 2017, 10:46:50 AM »
Fan, thanks.  I love your posts.  You are a hardcore  Cat.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 04, 2017, 10:55:24 AM »
Fan, thanks.  I love your posts.  You are a hardcore  Cat.

Thanks. I love K-State hoops more than I hate oscar.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 04, 2017, 11:00:11 AM »
 :thumbs:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 04, 2017, 11:00:39 AM »

yeah it wasn't a coincidence that KSU was always a top 10 offensive rebounding team when Frank was here. It's interesting that it's backed off a bit since he's been at USC.

Also, effort is a skill that can be taught/practiced. (I haven't watched a game other than half of Arizona State and George Washington so I don't know if it's just laziness, technique, or whatever with this team. I'm guessing it's all of the above.)

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 04, 2017, 11:03:16 AM »

:peek:
@mikec2w

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 04, 2017, 11:22:35 AM »

The knicks game is on a tuesday night, 3/6.  Trying to figure out if it'd be worth making a long trip out of it and getting down there to root against okc on Saturday 3/3.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 04, 2017, 11:36:03 AM »

The knicks game is on a tuesday night, 3/6.  Trying to figure out if it'd be worth making a long trip out of it and getting down there to root against okc on Saturday 3/3.

Gotcha...looking for opportunities to use up some of these Alaska points I've stockpiled.
@mikec2w