Author Topic: Big 12 Tourney  (Read 682 times)

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Big 12 Tourney
« on: February 26, 2015, 09:58:18 AM »
Wow, there are lots of different scenarios in terms of seeding.

After playing around, here is what I came up with regard to the Cats:

The Cats are likely to be either the 6th or 8th seed.  This sucks, because as the 8th seed we are locked into a game with TCU, who is playing really well right now.  I couldn't get us as a 7th seed, in which we play Tech.  Would much rather play Tech than TCU if we have to play Wednesday night.

Our matchups as the 6th seed are not attractive.  A frequent matchup was OU.  No way in hell we beat them thrice.  Another matchup was BU.  27 points.  Another matchup was KU.  That would be entertaining, I guess. 

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Big 12 Tourney
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 10:01:53 AM »
  A frequent matchup was OU.  No way in hell we beat them thrice. 

I remember saying that about getting Colorado again in the P66  :curse:

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 10:06:31 AM »
How depressing is it to be concerned about having to play TCU in the B12 Tournament? It makes my face sad.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 10:09:42 AM »
A 6 obviously necessitates winning our last two. As for whether 7 or 8 is more likely, there's still too much in flux to spend much time on that. Suffice it to say that a 6 or 7 would be great, and an 8 would blow. I'm not interested in playing KU in Phog Allen East in the quarters. Our players would probably be in serious danger of retaliatory chicken-winging.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 10:17:49 AM »
can you imagine how much hate will fill the Sprint Center from KU fans if we play them in the 1 v 8?  DO NOT bring your children.