Author Topic: 2014-15 big 12 basketball  (Read 64528 times)

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Re: 2014-15 big 12 basketball
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2015, 01:10:48 PM »
Oklahoma State is not poop? When I watched them lose to Dax's South Carolina squad I assumed they were going to be pretty bad this year,

But the close loss at Ames and the ass kicking of Texas have me wondering.

I thought they were crap, but the only games I'd seen were that usc game and their roadie at mizzou. They've looked good in confy
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2015, 01:18:35 PM »
The "game within the game," so to speak, for me every year around this time is to try and speculate who will dethrone KU and win the Big 12.   I really enjoy it. 

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2015, 01:20:59 PM »
The "game within the game," so to speak, for me every year around this time is to try and speculate who will dethrone KU and win the Big 12.   I really enjoy it. 

Yeah, its not happening though. Self doesn't lose games he shouldn't (like the Baylor game) in Big 12 play. He's a complete stud. #11str8orwhatever.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2015, 01:23:28 PM »

Yeah, its not happening though. Self doesn't lose games he shouldn't (like the Baylor game) in Big 12 play. He's a complete stud. #11str8orwhatever.

If not dethroned, then I would really enjoy like a 4 way tie.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2015, 01:24:33 PM »

I would have said oklahoma before last night, now I think it's just a bunch of pretenders clawing for second place. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2015, 04:23:09 PM »

I would have said oklahoma before last night, now I think it's just a bunch of pretenders clawing for second place.

You guys are crazy. The only real conference game KU played was at likely 7-9th place Baylor. What in the world has everyone seen that makes them think KU is all of a sudden some prohibitive favorite? You guys don't think the same team that lost at Temple by 5307820 points will be due for a clunker or two? Never in the history of college basketball have wins over Baylor and Texas Tech carried so much weight. As mucha as it sucks, Iowa State has the best wins in conference so far.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2015, 04:27:53 PM »
What in the world has everyone seen that makes them think KU is all of a sudden some prohibitive favorite?

the last decade. there is something to be said for "until proven otherwise." ku basically gets 9 automatic wins at home and has eliminated one of their potential road losses already.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2015, 04:30:55 PM »
MIR nailed it. KU is going to struggle against anyone with size and against anyone who defends.

The whole, "until someone beats ku, they're my pick" is about as tired a talking point as "LHC Bill Snyder's teams play error free football" or whatever.  If you were a casual fan listening you'd have no idea like 7 other teams won conference titles over the same 10year time span #1truechampion.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2015, 04:35:14 PM »
oh please. ku has lost non conference games before, and looked bad in plenty as well. the kentucky game doesn't even really count, in my opinion.

"until someone beats ku, they're my pick" is just another way of saying they have the best coach and best home court advantage. that's not debatable. and to act like any team in the big 12 has some serious talent advantage over them is just stupid.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2015, 04:35:56 PM »
What in the world has everyone seen that makes them think KU is all of a sudden some prohibitive favorite?

the last decade. there is something to be said for "until proven otherwise." ku basically gets 9 automatic wins at home and has eliminated one of their potential road losses already.

I hate that talking point so much. Also the only two worst home courts in the Big 12 behind Baylor are Tech and TCU.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2015, 04:37:58 PM »
oh please. ku has lost non conference games before, and looked bad in plenty as well. the kentucky game doesn't even really count, in my opinion.

"until someone beats ku, they're my pick" is just another way of saying they have the best coach and best home court advantage. that's not debatable. and to act like any team in the big 12 has some serious talent advantage over them is just stupid.

They do have the best coach and the best home court, no doubt. I'm interested at to why the Kentucky game doesn't count though.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2015, 04:39:18 PM »
KU can't even shoot and they don't have a center this season. They're going to lose plenty of games in conference for someone else to step up and win it.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2015, 04:40:29 PM »

They do have the best coach and the best home court, no doubt. I'm interested at to why the Kentucky game doesn't count though.

maybe i should rethink this because of kentucky's last two performances, but to me they are on a different level than anyone in college basketball, particularly the big 12. so even though ku struggled against them, there's no team in the big 12 that can do anything close to what kentucky did.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2015, 04:43:44 PM »

maybe i should rethink this because of kentucky's last two performances, but to me they are on a different level than anyone in college basketball, particularly the big 12. so even though ku struggled against them, there's no team in the big 12 that can do anything close to what kentucky did.

Texas can exploit the same things that UK did. Just because Texas crap the bed against OU doesn't mean that they can't sweep KU. I don't think UT sweeping KU would be some kind of shock.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2015, 04:48:53 PM »
yeah, maybe

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2015, 05:28:30 PM »
Their game against Frank was awful for them, but their numbers don't lie and they are pretty good. They have a solid team and should make the tornament.

they haven't beaten a single good team, unless you count texas.  texas has also not won a game against a good team.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2015, 05:36:49 PM »
Always thought Texas and Baylor hit a wall about the time conference play starts.

This is one of Self worst defensive teams he has had at Kansas. Lacks elite size and experience he has had in the past. Also he is usually loaded with post depth.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2015, 07:09:24 PM »

Their game against Frank was awful for them, but their numbers don't lie and they are pretty good. They have a solid team and should make the tornament.

they haven't beaten a single good team, unless you count texas.  texas has also not won a game against a good team.

True. Are they just kenpom mirages?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2015, 07:29:22 PM »
Are they just kenpom mirages?

i think so, but it's odd.  i can't recall ever having such cognitive dissonance between the objective measures and my own eye test.  to me the entire big 12 looks very average (or worse).  objectively, it is by far the strongest conference.

i think i mentioned it in chat, but not here.  kstate has a great opportunity to get credited for beating a lot of really overrated teams.  but kstate probably isn't good enough to take advantage of the opportunity.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

catzacker

« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2015, 08:45:51 PM »

You guys are crazy. The only real conference game KU played was at likely 7-9th place Baylor. What in the world has everyone seen that makes them think KU is all of a sudden some prohibitive favorite? You guys don't think the same team that lost at Temple by 5307820 points will be due for a clunker or two? Never in the history of college basketball have wins over Baylor and Texas Tech carried so much weight. As mucha as it sucks, Iowa State has the best wins in conference so far.

they are the prohibitive favorite because the rest of the field will probably lose some clunkers too (see OU)however KU will (and usually does) lose less of them.   no one in this league is very good at all.  however I do enjoy watching ISU.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2015, 09:12:50 PM »

Ku struggled against Baylor and Georgetown, they got humiliated and then raped against Kentucky

Offline cDubya

• Coal Grab'r
  • Katpak'r
  • KCCO
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2015, 06:25:46 PM »
Can't watch the WVU/OU game, gotta keep refreshing theScore. Frustrating as hell.  :ohno:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2015, 06:33:32 PM »
the boo birds are really out in lawrentucky tonight.  KthUg with 2 technicals midway through the 1st half.  i'm sure a few (more) Ok St players are going to be assaulted on the way to the team bus.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2015, 06:34:22 PM »
the boo birds are really out in lawrentucky tonight.  KthUg with 2 technicals midway through the 1st half.  i'm sure a few (more) Ok St players are going to be assaulted on the way to the team bus.
Such students of the game, those fans are.  :Ugh:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2015, 06:37:28 PM »
Such students of the game, those fans are.  :Ugh:

I'm OK with you two ostensibly taking this position, so long as you both are OK with being FPs.