Author Topic: Korean Peace Process  (Read 56035 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Korean Peace Process
« Reply #650 on: July 09, 2018, 03:23:57 PM »
dax. sometimes I get accused of being unclear, but that is your SOP.

Obama tried to overthrow Iraq?

I also don't understand how you have managed to convince yourself that the Iran deal was one of the worst things in the world but this engagement with NK is good.

I didn't say Iraq, but who were the next on the list, KK?

An unsigned memorandum of understanding paid for with pallets of cash is not a good agreement.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: July 09, 2018, 03:35:26 PM »

I also don't understand how you have managed to convince yourself that the Iran deal was one of the worst things in the world but this engagement with NK is good.

An unsigned memorandum of understanding paid for with pallets of cash is not a good agreement.

The axis of evil was 3 countries. You had 3 sub points. Re-read my post about you never just saying what the eff you are talking about.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: July 09, 2018, 03:46:29 PM »

The axis of evil was 3 countries. You had 3 sub points. Re-read my post about you never just saying what the eff you are talking about.

I don't think I could have been any more clear.  It's also not the least bit speculative to include multiple other countries under the umbrella of the "Axis of Evil".   Everyone with a clue knows that the list extended beyond just 3 countries.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: July 09, 2018, 04:15:36 PM »
He could not have been more clear
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: July 09, 2018, 04:30:05 PM »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: July 09, 2018, 04:47:49 PM »
I view the Axis of Evil as the list of countries where regime change was needed as (reportedly) espoused by PNAC.

I then place it into the context of PNAC on Steroids, which was the Obama Administration aka destabilization and overthrow without a calming remnant aka bad guys don't look at explosions.    See also Libya.  See also Syria (and Egypt, thankfully that was thwarted)

If you want to talk about the literal "Axis of Evil" then the Obama administrations handling of NK couldn't have been more disastrous.  Which is why we are in the position we're in today.   They're very near a capable ICBM, and likely near a deliverable warhead. 

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: July 09, 2018, 04:50:00 PM »
I view the Axis of Evil as the list of countries where regime change was needed as (reportedly) espoused by PNAC.

I then place it into the context of PNAC on Steroids, which was the Obama Administration aka destabilization and overthrow without a calming remnant aka bad guys don't look at explosions.    See also Libya.  See also Syria (and Egypt, thankfully that was thwarted)

If you want to talk about the literal "Axis of Evil" then the Obama administrations handling of NK couldn't have been more disastrous.  Which is why we are in the position we're in today.   They're very near a capable ICBM, and likely near a deliverable warhead.

Do you make up new, personal meanings for words and phrases regularly? This could explain a lot.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: July 09, 2018, 04:51:05 PM »

Do you make up new, personal meanings for words and phrases regularly? This could explain a lot.

You need to broaden your horizons and look at the origins of the Axis of Evil and who were the personalities behind that phraseology.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: July 09, 2018, 04:54:10 PM »
Yes, KK.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: July 09, 2018, 04:57:54 PM »

You need to broaden your horizons and look at the origins of the Axis of Evil and who were the personalities behind that phraseology.

You can't trick me in to reading some waybackmachine version of Bill Kristol's original PNAC geocities page dax.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: July 09, 2018, 04:59:35 PM »

You can't trick me in to reading some waybackmachine version of Bill Kristol's original PNAC geocities page dax.

When you start floating around Axis of Evil, which was coined in a speech on 1/29/2002, you've already crossed the proverbial wayback machine Rubicon KK . . . sorry (not sorry), friend.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: July 09, 2018, 05:04:25 PM »
Come on Dax! Your typical references are like Chappaquiddick, Paula Jones, or Harry Truman election fraud.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: July 09, 2018, 05:17:50 PM »
Come on Dax! Your typical references are like Chappaquiddick, Paula Jones, or Harry Truman election fraud.

Paula Jones?   

I only bring Harry Truman election fraud when LibBots like you start spewing forth stuff like, "well there's been no wide scale recording . . . "

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: July 09, 2018, 05:39:16 PM »
Right.  Assuming the sanctions were producing leverage, how would you expect to see any benefit produced by the leverage outside of some kind of negotiation between the states?

there's the idea that sanctions can increase internal pressure on a regime such that they reform or are overthrown.  an idea that, i admit, is largely unsupported by empirical evidence.  and even if it might work somewhere, nk would be a very poor candidate for such a possibility.

more relevant - you exchange the release of sanctions for some tangible concession.  trump got nothing.
What kind of tangible concession?  I promise i'm being intentionally obtuse here.  I'm just trying to think of ways you could get a tangible concession when you're dealing with a notoriously unreliable negotiator.       

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #664 on: July 09, 2018, 06:06:49 PM »
Maybe you could get him to stop some war games in your back yard that you don't like.

:Keke:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: July 09, 2018, 08:40:41 PM »
Maybe you could get him to stop some war games in your back yard that you don't like.

that'd be good one.  any step towards full or partial denuclearization or sharing of info that would assist in verification would also be worth consideration.  if we still gave a crap about human rights and the such we could even consider steps that would reduce human rights violations or opened their society.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #666 on: July 09, 2018, 09:03:59 PM »
The fact that the left is looking to NK State TV for proof the NK deal isn't working out, is all we really need to know here.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: July 09, 2018, 09:05:08 PM »
He could not have been more clear

i do sincerely believe that this is the best he can do.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: July 10, 2018, 06:37:57 AM »
It’s just a shame that people like the SysBot won’t recognize the failure and the lost 8 years of the previous administration as it relates to NK. 

Because of the failure of the previous president to heed his own very public criticisms (and advice to) of the Bush administration.  NK was quite literally left to its own devices with only ankle biting sanctions in place.  (Relative to the economic status quo of NK).

During that time both NK’s ICBM development and nuclear development accelerated dramatically.  To the point that the incoming president and US allies in the region were faced with the very frightening reality of NK missiles flying over their head and larger and more powerful (and growing increasingly capable from a delivery perspective). NK nuclear weapons being tested. 

All criticism from the US political left of the Trumps administrations negotiations with NK should be immediately laughed straight out of the room with extreme prejudice. 

Your guy had 8 years to address the issue and he failed so completely it will be chiseled into the voluminous stone of his overall failure as head of state for our nation. 

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: July 12, 2018, 11:34:41 AM »
haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: July 12, 2018, 12:24:49 PM »
If I told you a 5’5” fat Korean dude spent all day dunking on a 6’3” American you’d say I was crazy

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: July 12, 2018, 12:50:22 PM »
Who needs negotiations when war is available.  (New NeoCons).

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: July 12, 2018, 12:52:15 PM »
Negotiations? Way to move the goal post....we were clearly told many times this was agreed upon. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: July 12, 2018, 12:54:06 PM »

Said no one itt