Author Topic: $1.84 Trillion  (Read 2893 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
$1.84 Trillion
« on: July 19, 2017, 12:35:11 PM »
parked off shore.  A predominance of which is held by left leaning-favored by the left corporations.   Of which the preponderance of the outcry at the attempt to lower the corporate tax rate will come from the left. 

https://blogs.wsj.com/cfo/2017/07/19/tech-companies-push-offshore-cash-pile-to-a-record-moodys/

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: $1.84 Trillion
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 12:41:59 PM »
Pretty interesting stuff
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 12:44:02 PM »
Capitalism.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 12:46:17 PM »
i agree dax, we need more regulation

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 12:49:46 PM »
i agree dax, we need more regulation

Yes

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 12:50:50 PM »
Is trump just letting the left get away with this?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2017, 12:59:07 PM »
Lower corporate taxes is less regulation.  Who said anything about regulating what companies park offshore?

Typical weird takes from the resident weirdos.

SMDH

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2017, 01:04:03 PM »
Sounds like dax is a graduate of the brownback "corporations shouldn't pay taxes" school of economics. Has worked well for brownback so far so probably absolutely no flaws in that opinion

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2017, 01:12:30 PM »
Lower taxes like that time W had a tax holiday to bring that money back and no one did.

Neoconservative economics work, until there applied I'm the real world.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2017, 01:34:50 PM »
Who said anything about no taxes?  Who said anything about tax holidays?

In fact let's not even worry about repatriating the money that's already offshore (albeit we've collected no taxes on it, you guys love getting nothing) if you're going to get a stiffy over collecting the difference (between foreign tax rates and our ridiculous tax rate).  "

Let's just lower corporate taxes going forward and get something, where in the past we're getting nothing. 

About the only thing this is helping is U.S. banks who funding operations with debt, but I'm not sure the same companies can't go to foreign banks and do the same thing, I don't know the regulatory stance on that straight out.

But by all mean, continue your stance and continue to collect nothing on tens of millions of dollars a year and continue to see trillions of U.S. corporate dollars in the hands of foreign banks. 

Oh BTW edn, whether or not corporations brought back the money or not is immaterial.  This isn't about a regulation requiring repatriation of the money.   So in that case, no economic policy of any kind is in play.   What economic policy is in play on NOTHING?? 

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2017, 02:26:50 PM »
Where did this strawman dax conjure up come from?

I fail to see how this is the left's doing, it's been this rate for a long effing time

A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2017, 02:38:32 PM »
Capital gains. Off shore. Rich. Power. Electric.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2017, 02:38:39 PM »
Boogie woogie

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2017, 03:54:18 PM »
If the government could prove to be good stewards of the monies they currently receive then maybe these companies would feel comfortable entrusting them with more.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2017, 04:01:32 PM »
Candyman.  Come on man.

The primary point is, the left wants to tax tax tax.

Yet left preferred corporate heroes park a crap ton of cash offshore.   Then when there's talk of trying to bring that back on shore.  People like ednwhackadoo start talking about corporate welfare and neoconservative economics (whatever the eff that means).   Meanwhile and apparently, people like ednwhackadoo has no problem with these companies parking trillions offshore, then to double down on the stupid ednwhackadoo tries to apply a "neoconservative" economy policy to what was apparently . . . nothing.

Offline Republicat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2017, 04:02:51 PM »
If the government could prove to be good stewards of the monies they currently receive then maybe these companies would feel comfortable entrusting them with more.

Companies are slowly coming around now that Obamatard is out of the office and Trump is fixing his shitstain mess
Democrats suck because they don’t know history.
What Democrats know about history is that everyone born before them is a racist, and that’s that. We cannot learn from the past because everyone in the past was a racist. The Founding Fathers? Racists. And if you like them, you’re a racist

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2017, 05:10:14 PM »
Candyman.  Come on man.

Yet left preferred corporate heroes park a crap ton of cash offshore.   Then when there's talk of trying to bring that back on shore.  People like ednwhackadoo start talking about corporate welfare and neoconservative economics (whatever the eff that means).   Meanwhile and apparently, people like ednwhackadoo has no problem with these companies parking trillions offshore, then to double down on the stupid ednwhackadoo tries to apply a "neoconservative" economy policy to what was apparently . . . nothing.

I will not just come on, it was needless bullshit to stir the pot and you goddamn well know it and I called you out for it. I refuse to play your stupid games with the tax crap. If the game is rigged a certain way, corporations will play their games regardless of the politics, hell even within the article you posted great neocon and known trump lover Apple CEO Tim Cook was asking for lower corporate tax. Those lefty coprorations, what will they oppose what you want next.

As for wanting where I, the flaming liberal you just hate where I'd want taxes to go up, you're in luck, cause I'll tell you where they should. I for one and totally fine will tax on a lot of brackets (not insane like the 50s-60s with like 24-33 of them, let's keep it around 9-15) that goes up to around 50-60% once you get to the 400k and 500k level, increase the standard deduction to help the middle class, keep that tax rate fairly low with a smaller slide for capital gains (really, not unchanged from what we have now). Really, the goal should be is to push away from CEOs and other high earning individuals from being paid essentially eff you money, and push their money earnings more into investments and compensation based on their ability to make their keeping corporations, and thus more people, successful. There is a big reason why there has been a divergence in who has wealth (cough cough Reagan) since the 80's. Corporate rates pegged somewhere near the average of the world (25ish%).

That being said, it'd be effective enough to close some loopholes to keep the money from flooding out in the first place, as it would be hard to compete against the caymen island's (and others) low low rate of 0%. Tax havens abroad are hard to fight when you can shift things around globally like that.

Overall, for a massive boogeyman you make the left to be, clearly history on corporate tax rates proves different as per the chart, no one has done dick about it.

Your principle of wanting to lower the rate and actually get some income is not unfounded or wrong in this instance, you just put your typical hyperpartisan dax bullshit into it. 

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2017, 05:44:26 PM »

Companies are slowly coming around now that Obamatard is out of the office and Trump is fixing his shitstain mess

Nope.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
$1.84 Trillion
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2017, 09:08:00 PM »
Candyman.  Come on man.

I will not just come on, it was needless bullshit to stir the pot and you goddamn well know it and I called you out for it. I refuse to play your stupid games with the tax crap. If the game is rigged a certain way, corporations will play their games regardless of the politics, hell even within the article you posted great neocon and known trump lover Apple CEO Tim Cook was asking for lower corporate tax. Those lefty coprorations, what will they oppose what you want next.

As for wanting where I, the flaming liberal you just hate where I'd want taxes to go up, you're in luck, cause I'll tell you where they should. I for one and totally fine will tax on a lot of brackets (not insane like the 50s-60s with like 24-33 of them, let's keep it around 9-15) that goes up to around 50-60% once you get to the 400k and 500k level, increase the standard deduction to help the middle class, keep that tax rate fairly low with a smaller slide for capital gains (really, not unchanged from what we have now). Really, the goal should be is to push away from CEOs and other high earning individuals from being paid essentially eff you money, and push their money earnings more into investments and compensation based on their ability to make their keeping corporations, and thus more people, successful. There is a big reason why there has been a divergence in who has wealth (cough cough Reagan) since the 80's. Corporate rates pegged somewhere near the average of the world (25ish%).

That being said, it'd be effective enough to close some loopholes to keep the money from flooding out in the first place, as it would be hard to compete against the caymen island's (and others) low low rate of 0%. Tax havens abroad are hard to fight when you can shift things around globally like that.

Overall, for a massive boogeyman you make the left to be, clearly history on corporate tax rates proves different as per the chart, no one has done dick about it.

Your principle of wanting to lower the rate and actually get some income is not unfounded or wrong in this instance, you just put your typical hyperpartisan dax bullshit into it.

You prove once again you don't get it and thus just gurgle out nonsense that everyone knows already.

Corps that Libs admire choose to offshore trillions of dollars to avoid US taxation.   One would think like Libs would be outraged over this.  But, as long as these corps lean left, in some cases openly criticizing Trump.  Libs don't care.

In a related note trying to bring that money home and/or keep money that would be offshored in the future is certainly a worthy thing to look at.  But as we've seen here Libs immediately think corporate welfare.  So using that logic we have to believe the same Libs prefer these corps avoid paying US taxes on billions straight out.  Which is weird.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 09:14:17 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2017, 09:29:29 PM »
How much of that nearly two trillion would I see in my wallet if it comes back to shore Dax?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2017, 09:51:18 PM »
Candyman.  Come on man.

You prove once again you don't get it and thus just gurgle out nonsense that everyone knows already.

Corps that Libs admire choose to offshore trillions of dollars to avoid US taxation.   One would think like Libs would be outraged over this.  But, as long as these corps lean left, in some cases openly criticizing Drumpf.  Libs don't care.

In a related note trying to bring that money home and/or keep money that would be offshored in the future is certainly a worthy thing to look at.  But as we've seen here Libs immediately think corporate welfare.  So using that logic we have to believe the same Libs prefer these corps avoid paying US taxes on billions straight out.  Which is weird.

This just proves you literally did not read anything I wrote, never stop dax

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2017, 09:56:04 PM »
Candyman.  Come on man.

Corps that Libs admire choose to offshore trillions of dollars to avoid US taxation.   One would think like Libs would be outraged over this.  But, as long as these corps lean left, in some cases openly criticizing Drumpf.  Libs don't care.

I did, look you're journey through individual tax rates, CEO's et al was fascinating. But not relevant.   

Also, I wasn't assailing the corporations themselves so why you even went down that path is weird in every way. 

That's just two things right there.   

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2017, 09:59:38 PM »
Candyman.  Come on man.

I did, look you're journey through individual tax rates, CEO's et al was fascinating. But not relevant.   

Also, I wasn't assailing the corporations themselves so why you even went down that path is weird in every way. 

you said the primary point of the left is tax tax tax, implying that to me, as you often do, I set you straight, and it is absolutely relevant to this discussion when I said Tim Cook wanted corporate taxes down. Don't duck out of this

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2017, 10:00:30 PM »
After it was you who went down this corporate welfare screed, dont change the convo on me

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2017, 10:01:52 PM »
Candyman.  Come on man.

you said the primary point of the left is tax tax tax, implying that to me, as you often do, I set you straight, and it is absolutely relevant to this discussion when I said Tim Cook wanted corporate taxes down. Don't duck out of this

Where did I even imply that corporations wouldn't want and didn't want lower taxes.   

I am talking rank and file Libs who shriek at that thought of "Corporate Welfare".