Author Topic: Soros & Buffet, All Hat No Cattle, Kings of Tax Avoidance  (Read 3003 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: Soros & Buffet, All Hat No Cattle, Kings of Tax Avoidance
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2021, 10:19:15 PM »
I have no issue with the tax being a multiple of what they actually make in “income.”

huh.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Soros & Buffet, All Hat No Cattle, Kings of Tax Avoidance
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2021, 12:32:46 AM »
You are still fixated on the concept of traditional income tax when I keep saying that’s not what I’m talking about when I say “wealth tax.”

Mr. Moneybags makes $500k a year in taxable income but has $1 billion in other investments. I have no issues with a yearly tax of $1 million+ even though that would be more than 200% (two times) his income.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2021, 01:31:36 AM »
income is not equal to taxable income.  since this whole exercise revolves around massaging tax policy in one way or another, it doesn't make much sense to me to reference taxable income as a constant when much of the discussion of necessity will involve changing how different types of income are treated.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2021, 09:37:32 AM »
Ok well that explains it if your confusion stems from the fact that you’re assuming “income” has no particular meaning in this context. You seemed to understand when responding to the point that the mega rich don’t have much income.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2021, 03:25:37 PM »
Ok well that explains it if your confusion stems from the fact that you’re assuming “income” has no particular meaning in this context. You seemed to understand when responding to the point that the mega rich don’t have much income.

yeah, after i posted, i decided i didn't express myself well and was too critical of your post when i was doing the same thing.  there are a lot of terms involved that have very precise meanings with respect to u.s. taxation and also have more general meanings in regular speech or are related to terminology used more generally and unless one is pretty pedantic is carefully crafting a post it's pretty likely that other posters will not understand exactly what you are trying to communicate.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2021, 08:35:54 PM »

yeah, after i posted, i decided i didn't express myself well and was too critical of your post when i was doing the same thing.  there are a lot of terms involved that have very precise meanings with respect to u.s. taxation and also have more general meanings in regular speech or are related to terminology used more generally and unless one is pretty pedantic is carefully crafting a post it's pretty likely that other posters will not understand exactly what you are trying to communicate.
I don't follow...

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2021, 06:03:25 PM »
Hasn't Yglesias been all over the stepped up basis around this topic (heirs selling stocks ect and what gains they are tax responsible for if the previous person basically never sold but took out loans as income based on their value)?

not that i've noticed.

just most recent yglesias mention I've seen so OT

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1408558231883071488

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2023, 09:23:41 AM »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2023, 09:42:07 AM »
who is the new boogeyman?

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2023, 09:47:11 AM »
He already tweeted out he is alive and well
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2023, 10:30:46 AM »
He already tweeted out he is alive and well

The upload to Twitter worked!

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2023, 10:30:56 AM »
Soros may die, but "Soros-backed" and "Soros-funded" will live forever.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2023, 11:03:27 AM »
Soros may die, but "Soros-backed" and "Soros-funded" will live forever.

Well that would be a lame cop out and prove the term means nothing but trying to scare old morons

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2023, 11:10:30 AM »
who is the new boogeyman?

Not sure, but it will certainly be a rich jew, woman, or racial minority.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2023, 11:19:30 AM »
3 or 4 years ago - The Republicans are killing us in the dark money game  :curse: :bawl: :curse: :bawl: :curse: :bawl:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/29/us/politics/democrats-dark-money-donors.html

You can't question our mega donors!!  (#blueanon/#blueanongE)

We accept that Wall Street owns our party (but it's just like 1992 @turnbull) . . . (#blueanon/#blueanongE)

Offline turnbull

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2023, 07:42:02 PM »
 :Rusty:
3 or 4 years ago - The Republicans are killing us in the dark money game  :curse: :bawl: :curse: :bawl: :curse: :bawl:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/29/us/politics/democrats-dark-money-donors.html

You can't question our mega donors!!  (#blueanon/#blueanongE)

We accept that Wall Street owns our party (but it's just like 1992 @turnbull) . . . (#blueanon/#blueanongE)

@sonofdaxjones.....I think maybe politics isn't a thing for you, have you actually thought about getting a hobby that doesn't involve thinking you're the only one who has seen through the looking glass? Go ride a bike, bird watch, watch K-State reruns, but trust me when I say this as the resident DC cat.....Politics isn't your thing, you're the person people make fun of in a bar on K-street saying can you believe this idiot called me about Blue Anon lolz, you're the one that staffers laugh at in Dupont Circle saying these people believe whatever horseshit we sell, you're the mark in the Rayburn building how they brag that they can get these people to believe in anything by saying lookie over there at that shiny Blue Anon stuff like saying the Capitol was really an FBI op, you're the one that Alex Jones sells "vitamins" to because he views you as easily gullible. Like professional advice....check out of politics....and whatever brain worm of a news source you have.

Also a solid question for you, why are you so obsessed with me? Like you randomly invoke my name at times. Cause at this point every time you mention me...i'll just say pass the potatoes because this conversation isn't worth wasting a brain cell.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 06:22:52 AM by turnbull »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2023, 08:06:42 PM »
It’s the same old tired act, Randy.

Everything that cuts against your political dogma is a conspiracy.  It’s pathetic.

Your locale name drops are also tired and harken back to your schtick on the Mercury forum.

Offline NickVickandThick

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2023, 12:18:14 AM »
It’s the same old tired act, Randy.

Everything that cuts against your political dogma is a conspiracy.  It’s pathetic.

Your locale name drops are also tired and harken back to your schtick on the Mercury forum.

Speaking of conspiracy's, Dax are there any right wing conspiracies you don't ascribe to? Legit can you name a right wing extremist fever dream that even you can't believe?