Author Topic: Hillary says I need to feel guilty fo being white.  (Read 3964 times)

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
Re: Hillary says I need to feel guilty fo being white.
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2016, 05:53:49 PM »
First of all, you have no idea what Kaepernick is doing with his money or time; you have no idea what he supports and what he doesn't so maybe shove the fake outrage in your back pocket.

I'm not willing to accept that there will always be inequality and that's just how it is, nor should you. The viewpoint you expressed in that second paragraph is the textbook definition of white privilege. I'm not willing to accept that I am less likely to get equal medical treatment if I get sick or injured, I'm not willing to accept that my daughters are four times more likely than their classmates to get kicked out of school, I'm not willing to accept that it would be harder for me to rent property than someone with less money and melanin than I, I'm not willing to accept that if my wife and I die in a car wreck on the way to Kansas City tomorrow that my daughters are twice as likely to stay in the foster care system and get separated. Should I go on? Its easy for you to brush this stuff off because it isn't your reality, its mine, I can't just forget about it.

This has never been about outrage. I believe this thread was started under the premise of "white guilt." I don't see white guilt as productive. It is useless to sit around in shame about something I had zero control over. I can however speculate on what I can do to change these things in the future and seek out ways to help. 

I am at a loss as to how any of the leaders of the democratic party actually plan to attack and eradicate inequality. That's what leads me to believe that the word equal is being used to confuse the voting public. It ends up being divisive, because the many different sides of the argument view the word equal differently. I was proposing a change in the language of the argument because it would allow the message to be heard more readily.

Even if the things you mentioned were fixed there would always be some sort of inequality in the world. We aren't all born with the same talents or physical attributes to be equal with our peers. For example, I will always be taller than most people I meet, so in many different ways we are not equal. We also aren't all born into a "sterile information" environment. So, no matter how much we do to curb racism, classism, ageism, etc., there will always be natural stereotypes (through personal experience) and inherited stereotypes (media, peer opinion, etc).

What actions do you think could change the things you mentioned in your lifetime? From a purely political standpoint, what liberal policies do you think, once enacted, can help you reach the "equality" that you seek?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2016, 06:02:26 PM »
Why do you keep mentioning democrats and liberals?

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2016, 06:16:07 PM »
Equality has to be nebulous and amorphous, otherwise it could ostensibly be solved leaving the left with literally nothing to campaign on.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2016, 06:25:46 PM »
Equality  :curse:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2016, 06:58:16 PM »
Equality has to be nebulous and amorphous, otherwise it could ostensibly be solved leaving the left with literally nothing to campaign on.

And the right would be left with nothing to be against, see how that works?

None of this partisan bullshit is helpful at all when it comes to matters of equality, it shouldn't be a political issue.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2016, 08:06:47 PM »

And the right would be left with nothing to be against, see how that works?

None of this partisan bullshit is helpful at all when it comes to matters of equality, it shouldn't be a political issue.

It's only a political issue on the left.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2016, 01:38:54 PM »
I am curious to know how MIR is deprived of equality.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2016, 03:49:35 PM »
really?

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=37940.msg1607935#msg1607935

Nothing he referenced is caused by federal public law or policy, the thing that Hillary is seeking dominion over via her election to public office. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2016, 12:26:32 AM »
really?

Nothing he referenced is caused by federal public law or policy, the thing that Hillary is seeking dominion over via her election to public office.

I guess building big ass strawmen can act like big enough diversions from facing the truth.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2016, 07:59:31 AM »
really?

I guess building big ass strawmen can act like big enough diversions from facing the truth.

I didn't say you said that.  You didn't respond to my question, dlew did, and it was in response to him.