Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 3989647 times)

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #16275 on: March 31, 2015, 10:04:09 AM »
that pic just reaffirms that the NE corner is going to look weird.
For one season. Who cares?
no in general, with the overlap thats already there its hard to see how it will tie together.
Oh I see what you mean.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16276 on: March 31, 2015, 10:05:51 AM »
for instance look how the NE corner just kind of disappears behind the stands now in this rendo. im sure they will fix that but it just looks odd to me

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #16277 on: March 31, 2015, 10:17:46 AM »
I think what will look sort of odd about it is the fact that the upper deck will hang over it a bit as it (the upper deck) was built to match the current width of the section (28) that will need to be narrowed to match the west side.

At the end of the day, it's still gonna be a kick-ass addition to BSFS and we're just nitpicking because we deserve and demand perfection from the greatest university in the history of higher education.

bears are fast...

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16278 on: March 31, 2015, 10:19:59 AM »
yes it will be elite, im probably just being nit picky.  these are the latest rendos on the official site. kinda gives perspective of what i meant...

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16279 on: March 31, 2015, 10:21:02 AM »
also whoever designed the east side to go 30 yds past the end zone is a god damn moron

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16280 on: March 31, 2015, 10:26:22 AM »
Yep.. and that top rendo shows EXACTLY what I was trying to describe.

It's not really a huge issue, iyam.  It might look a bit off, like it wasn't planned, but it wasn't. When the east side upper deck was built, who knew we'd be getting a cruise ship and football palace in about 10-15 years?   

As far as stadium additions go, I think ours look as good (if not better) than almost all that I've seen.  Most stadiums that have been modified or added onto over the years look very piece-mealed in my mind and have a lot of "what the eff" parts.

bears are fast...

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16281 on: March 31, 2015, 10:26:49 AM »
I hate it. Start over.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16282 on: March 31, 2015, 10:49:30 AM »
I hate it. Start over.
i love it dont get me wrong, but im just confused about that wall/overhang/whatever you want to call it.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16283 on: March 31, 2015, 10:54:10 AM »
I hate it. Start over.
i love it dont get me wrong, but im just confused about that wall/overhang/whatever you want to call it.
I was exaggerating. I wish you hadn't pointed these things out. :(

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #16284 on: March 31, 2015, 10:55:46 AM »
I like it

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16285 on: March 31, 2015, 10:56:17 AM »
I hate it. Start over.

What's confusing about it?  The east side lower bowl extends further north than the west side does... Thus, part of section 28 will have to be removed in order for the Vanier Complex to be congruent on both corners and because the east side upper deck was built before any of this was even a dream, it will over hang the lower bowl a bit.

Maybe if they filled in that little sliver of "non seating blank space" with some seats on the north end of the west side that would help, but really not that much.

bears are fast...

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16286 on: March 31, 2015, 11:00:58 AM »
I hate it. Start over.

What's confusing about it?  The east side lower bowl extends further north than the west side does... Thus, part of section 28 will have to be removed in order for the Vanier Complex to be congruent on both corners and because the east side upper deck was built before any of this was even a dream, it will over hang the lower bowl a bit.

Maybe if they filled in that little sliver of "non seating blank space" with some seats on the north end of the west side that would help, but really not that much.

Yeah, that would help a little. But I think it will look a little goofy until (if ever) we do a complete tear down and rebuild of the east side to somewhat match the rest of our stadium.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16287 on: March 31, 2015, 11:03:53 AM »

yeah, not sure what the confusion is. 

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16288 on: March 31, 2015, 11:06:01 AM »
I hate it. Start over.

well per that blue print the new addition will either a) cut into the lower bowl ga seating or b) it will hang over the top of it. the confusing part is the picture shows a retaining wall divining the two. im not an architect so thats why its confusing.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16289 on: March 31, 2015, 11:16:45 AM »

well per that blue print the new addition will either a) cut into the lower bowl ga seating or b) it will hang over the top of it. the confusing part is the picture shows a retaining wall divining the two. im not an architect so thats why its confusing.

section 28 is going to reconfigured to fit with the NE corner.  the NE corner will cut into section 28, eliminating seats.  the retaining wall is there because the seating angles are different, making a seamless transition impossible. 

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16290 on: March 31, 2015, 11:44:32 AM »

section 28 is going to reconfigured to fit with the NE corner.  the NE corner will cut into section 28, eliminating seats.  the retaining wall is there because the seating angles are different, making a seamless transition impossible.
:thumbs:

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16291 on: March 31, 2015, 11:51:10 AM »
I'm a fan of a divining wall. :love:

Offline CatMission

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16292 on: March 31, 2015, 04:48:57 PM »

I'm a fan of a divining wall. :love:
We could turn it into our version of the Western Wall. Sunday through Friday it is a place of quiet reflection and prayer. Then on Saturday it becomes a hi holy place in our religion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #16293 on: March 31, 2015, 04:54:02 PM »
isn't a divining wall what you use to find a lazy river?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #16294 on: March 31, 2015, 05:05:31 PM »
With this elite new bleacher mountain in the end zone fun zone, we're practically Ohio State now.

"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16295 on: March 31, 2015, 05:07:24 PM »
What a stupid rough ridin' place to put a flag pole.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16296 on: March 31, 2015, 05:09:24 PM »
you know what's different?

we won't have a stupid rough ridin' asphalt track around our field like them. we're going to have beautiful green turf and w/ lots of black pellets all the way to our stands. ELITE AF

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #16297 on: March 31, 2015, 05:11:47 PM »

Great scoop, Luke.  ;)
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16298 on: March 31, 2015, 06:00:43 PM »

Great scoop, Luke.  ;)
use to be able to hit that with a field goal in ncaa and it unlocked crap

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16299 on: March 31, 2015, 08:24:59 PM »

Houston Astros think it's fine.