Author Topic: This team...  (Read 19288 times)

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
Re: This team...
« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2015, 03:22:53 PM »
Sorry makeitrain my taptalk effed up.
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2015, 03:23:12 PM »
More playing time cures laziness better than anything I know of. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2015, 03:59:04 PM »
We already have more "quality wins" than about 60 of the teams will be able to muster. Assuming a road loss can never be bad (not true, but I've heard this from pundits pimping mid majors), we have exactly 1 bad loss. This is the narrative we need
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2015, 04:02:14 PM »
@GottliebShow
 Weakest Bubble Ever has gotten a lot stronger over the weekend #UConn #BYU #KState #Tulsa etc

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2015, 04:02:42 PM »

Guys, if they can do it, then so can we.

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2015, 04:23:36 PM »
Everyone wants to be the Royals. Everyone. Feels good.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 01, 2015, 07:39:53 PM »

Everyone wants to be the Royals. Everyone. Feels good.

Every mediocre loser hopes to win the lottery, it's true.  #OurTime

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 01, 2015, 07:50:46 PM »
I mean, Seth Davis loves us. It's weird.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 01, 2015, 07:59:20 PM »

Big media (CBS) wants to award schools for scheduling. They want more games to air in the non-con.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 01, 2015, 08:07:53 PM »
I don't like Seth Davis

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 01, 2015, 08:11:55 PM »

I don't like Seth Davis

Agreed. 

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 01, 2015, 08:28:27 PM »

I don't like Seth Davis

Agreed. 

Oh, he's very annoying, green juice and all.

I'm just intrigued that he keeps going to bat for us after our week.

Our man Doug has been too.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 01, 2015, 09:22:21 PM »
I've come to terms with the tournament being out of reach but not with playing on Wednesday.  That just simply cannot happen. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline A-Lishious

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 01, 2015, 09:25:25 PM »
The only way it's even remotely possible is to make it all the way to the championship game in KC, and even then it'll probably require winning the whole thing in KC which is extremely unlikely.

Not only that, but it would have to against the top teams, not against any upsets in the bracket.

Ksu has one of the most incredibly odd resumes I've ever seen. The BigXII was so solid it provided shot after shot against ranked teams to get good wins. But the losses to the really bad teams are what I believe still points to oscar being oscar. How long would years like this with occasionally getting into the tourney keep oscar as the coach?

Offline AndrewVonLintel

• Purple Prince Thrice Crowned in MMXIII
  • Combo-Fan
  • Purple Get Ready To Roll!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 01, 2015, 09:30:03 PM »
I know I am luking myself.....

CBS wants us in the tournament.  They would like the idea of having a 3 vs 14 matchup with a higher probability of an upset.  Kansas State vs. Utah or Louisville would be great for them. They want an upset and we have a higher likelihood of giving them an upset than most 13/14 seeds would.

Doug Gottlieb has sold them (recruited) them on the idea and now they are all about us. ESPN doesn't care about us but CBS (Home of Doug Gottlieb) does

If we had not beat KU and ISU this wouldn't be a possibility but it is if we win the CTR and win our first game of the Big 12 tournament.

Honestly I am not as optimistic about the CTR as I usually am but "Why Settle for no tournament when the NCAA is available."   :party:

P.S.  This is all oscar's fault and indications are that next year will be worse. We have to replace Nino and Gip and at least one mystery player. oscar should still be fired. (Iowa State may have been his best coached game since he has been here though).
Hire Brad Underwood Now!!!!!!

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 01, 2015, 09:36:42 PM »
The only way it's even remotely possible is to make it all the way to the championship game in KC, and even then it'll probably require winning the whole thing in KC which is extremely unlikely.

Not only that, but it would have to against the top teams, not against any upsets in the bracket.

Ksu has one of the most incredibly odd resumes I've ever seen. The BigXII was so solid it provided shot after shot against ranked teams to get good wins. But the losses to the really bad teams are what I believe still points to oscar being oscar. How long would years like this with occasionally getting into the tourney keep oscar as the coach?

I think we have enough quality wins at this point. The problem is the overall record.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #92 on: March 01, 2015, 09:37:15 PM »
that mike decourcy column is garbage.

he says that k-state's .500 record is the definition of 'average.' if k-state had played an average schedule, he'd have a point. instead, k-state has played the seventh hardest schedule in the country, played five top-100 level teams away from home, and are on the doorstep of finishing .500 in one of the hardest leagues in ncaa history (the Big 12 ranks 4th hardest in the KenPom era, a span of 14 years).

if k-state had played a wooly non-con schedule (11 home games, none on the road), they'd have 20 wins and would be a lock for the tourney in the mind of decourcy. decourcy and every moron writer i read seems to suggest that winning 20 games is the magic number "because history suggests," etc., etc.

history is irrelevant, for a couple reasons:

1. the tourney field expanded to 68 teams only four years ago. that leaves the door open for four marginal teams that for 25 years never would have had a chance (if you go back through history, you would have seen plenty of teams with 17 or 18 wins receive an at-large).

2. we have gotten much better at evaluating the quality of teams. back in the day, win-loss records ruled the day rather than many of the criteria that the committee uses presently. power conference teams with 20 wins used to be considered sure things. if you had 20 wins and 10 league wins, you were virtually guaranteed (remember how confident huggins was in his lone season at k-state?) that's not the case anymore. because ...

3. the committee has made it clear that schedule matters. in response to this, teams are beginning to schedule more aggressively in the non-con. more games against quality teams. more games on the road. more semi-neutral games. more non-league tourneys in places like maui or vegas or florida or puerto rico.

the end result is that the 20-win season is harder to attain. not impossible, but undoubtedly harder. this is especially true if you compete in a historically difficult conference that includes six teams more or less in the top 25.

k-state has been favored in 16 games; they've been underdogs in 14.

i'm obviously fine if k-state doesn't get in (what do i care?). if other teams end up being more deserving, then good for them. but if k-state wins three more games and gets left out or isn't considered...simply because their resume doesn't conform to arbitrary historical criteria...then that would be pretty stupid.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 01, 2015, 10:22:38 PM »

Seth doesn't love us.  He hates K-State.

Seth loves controversy & we currently offer a little bit of that.
bears are fast...

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 01, 2015, 10:51:57 PM »
The same buffoons pining for ku to be a 1 seed last year with ten losses, are the 1/2 the same buffoons pining for us to be excluded altogether and 1/2 pining for us to be included.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 02, 2015, 12:07:08 AM »
The reason i say marcus is lazy it just seems like he could do more on the defensive end thats all.  If he had more playing time i feel like he would prove himself.

Fair enough, I don't think the answer for bad defense is more playing time though, not when he's been as terrible defensively as he's been.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 02, 2015, 12:12:36 AM »
I know I am luking myself.....

CBS wants us in the tournament.  They would like the idea of having a 3 vs 14 matchup with a higher probability of an upset.  Kansas State vs. Utah or Louisville would be great for them. They want an upset and we have a higher likelihood of giving them an upset than most 13/14 seeds would.

Doug Gottlieb has sold them (recruited) them on the idea and now they are all about us. ESPN doesn't care about us but CBS (Home of Doug Gottlieb) does

If we had not beat KU and ISU this wouldn't be a possibility but it is if we win the CTR and win our first game of the Big 12 tournament.

Honestly I am not as optimistic about the CTR as I usually am but "Why Settle for no tournament when the NCAA is available."   :party:

P.S.  This is all oscar's fault and indications are that next year will be worse. We have to replace Nino and Gip and at least one mystery player. oscar should still be fired. (Iowa State may have been his best coached game since he has been here though).

:ROFL: this is a joke right? CBS wants K-State in the tournament :ROFL: even if they did what in the hell does that have to do with the committee? What if Turner doesn't want us in, do they play rock paper scissors with CBS to tell the committee who to pick?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 02, 2015, 12:25:58 AM »
All I know is that if we get invited, it's 100% because of oscar. Just like Maui.

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 02, 2015, 07:46:51 AM »
America wants to see a 1 seed fall to a 16.

America needs a KSU / Kentucky matchup.