Author Topic: 2015 Recruiting thread, The Bread Basket  (Read 290877 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Recruiting thread, The Bread Basket
« Reply #1075 on: March 02, 2015, 10:28:20 PM »
One thing I like about oscar is that he doesn't bat an eye about ruining players lives. I Really respect that.
It is the nature of the beast.

Don't rough ridin' be that guy. 4 year scholarships can't get here fast enough.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: March 02, 2015, 10:32:22 PM »
One thing I like about oscar is that he doesn't bat an eye about ruining players lives. I Really respect that.

It didn't state is the was the right thing to do. Just that it is prevalent.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: March 02, 2015, 10:37:01 PM »

https://twitter.com/edhuckaby/status/570214113634336768

Didn't you post a tweet saying nearly the exact same thing about hardnett?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: March 02, 2015, 10:39:25 PM »

I don't think it's prevalent to run an upperclassman who has used his redshirt, I can't think of one. Not that Currie would care but if we essentially cut Bolden we would catch heat, again.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: March 02, 2015, 10:41:38 PM »

https://twitter.com/edhuckaby/status/570214113634336768

Didn't you post a tweet saying nearly the exact same thing about hardnett?

Yea, there seems to be 6-8 guys that different people scouts/coaches believe that deserve that title.  Usually they are tagging some qualifier on it.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: March 02, 2015, 10:47:23 PM »

I don't think it's prevalent to run an upperclassman who has used his redshirt, I can't think of one. Not that Currie would care but if we essentially cut Bolden we would catch heat, again.

That is why I think he runoff rules makes it interesting. Lets say oscar contacts a Mid Major program that wants to take Bolden on. Then he instructs Bolden and the coach to apply for the runoff rule to become immediately eligible. Boldens happy because he wants to play, something that wouldn't happen at K-State. Mid Major U is happy because they get a player they want. K-State is happy because they have an open scholarship. Think it is interesting and can be used the right way. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: March 02, 2015, 10:53:34 PM »

That is why I think he runoff rules makes it interesting. Lets say oscar contacts a Mid Major program that wants to take Bolden on. Then he instructs Bolden and the coach to apply for the runoff rule to become immediately eligible. Boldens happy because he wants to play, something that wouldn't happen at K-State. Mid Major U is happy because they get a player they want. K-State is happy because they have an open scholarship. Think it is interesting and can be used the right way.

I'm not sure if coaches can call other schools to inquire about taking a kid, seems like tampering. Also I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say " new run off rule," but the NCAA has had a run off rule since 2012. They have the ability to grant waivers if a school was judged to run off to have run off that player, but they rarely grant the waiver. OU tried to cheat the system with DGB in football but it didn't work.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: March 02, 2015, 11:03:55 PM »

I'm not sure if coaches can call other schools to inquire about taking a kid, seems like tampering. Also I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say " new run off rule," but the NCAA has had a run off rule since 2012. They have the ability to grant waivers if a school was judged to run off to have run off that player, but they rarely grant the waiver. OU tried to cheat the system with DGB in football but it didn't work.
Schools need to copy what happened to Anthony Hickey, in order to improve the quality of life of student athletes. If both parties want to move on.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1083 on: March 02, 2015, 11:11:27 PM »
Running off Bolden doesn't fix anything.  Adding The Flush, assuming Foster stays, makes Tre the #4 shooting guard behind Foster, Edwards, and Brown.

With Nigel's ascendancy, Stokes' addition is problematic for Thomas.

DJamer may never play again, so Bolden may be needed for next year.  Hales-Williams needs development.

Pick between Tre, Thomas, Nigel, or Foster.  Bolden isn't going anywhere.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: March 03, 2015, 07:20:15 AM »

Running off Bolden doesn't fix anything.  Adding The Flush, assuming Foster stays, makes Tre the #4 shooting guard behind Foster, Edwards, and Brown.

DJamer may never play again, so Bolden may be needed for next year.  Hales-Williams needs development.

This makes sense. 

Tre or Jevon makes the most sense with the guys coming in. Bolden for post depth makes some sense, and I always forget he's only a sophomore this year.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: March 03, 2015, 07:42:54 AM »

This makes sense. 

Tre or Jevon makes the most sense with the guys coming in. Bolden for post depth makes some sense, and I always forget he's only a sophomore this year.

It looks and feels like a light has gone on for Nigel, and I think the coaches are going to continue to play him for 25+ minutes a game for the rest of the year.

The logjam is at the 2. Foster starts, and if he comes back, and he plays like the Foster we know he is, he's going to get 25 minutes, minimum, depending on his conditioning.  Edwards has been doing a good job floating between the off guard and wing spot.  To be honest, next year, I don't see anyone getting much PT behind them, Brown included.

Which leads us back to Nigel. He does spot work at the two when Foster and Westicles are on the bench, but given how much oscar loves seniors, my guess is that Edwards plays a ton as the sixth man.  That leaves chances off the ball at a minimum.  So, if we're going to play him, it's at the point.  Based on comments by oscar, I conclude that they question his defense or lack of concern for it.  But if he comes around there, Jevon really has no place to go.  Also, considering that Jevon is the only pure point on the roster, and we just got a pure point, it leads me to believe we're going to try and find him a home.

Tre may be content sitting the bench.  I have no idea.  If he left too, I'd rather we hold his scholarship for a transfer post or hold it until 2016.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: March 03, 2015, 09:57:00 AM »

This makes sense. 

It looks and feels like a light has gone on for Nigel, and I think the coaches are going to continue to play him for 25+ minutes a game for the rest of the year.

The logjam is at the 2. Foster starts, and if he comes back, and he plays like the Foster we know he is, he's going to get 25 minutes, minimum, depending on his conditioning.  Edwards has been doing a good job floating between the off guard and wing spot.  To be honest, next year, I don't see anyone getting much PT behind them, Brown included.

Which leads us back to Nigel. He does spot work at the two when Foster and Westicles are on the bench, but given how much oscar loves seniors, my guess is that Edwards plays a ton as the sixth man.  That leaves chances off the ball at a minimum.  So, if we're going to play him, it's at the point.  Based on comments by oscar, I conclude that they question his defense or lack of concern for it.  But if he comes around there, Jevon really has no place to go.  Also, considering that Jevon is the only pure point on the roster, and we just got a pure point, it leads me to believe we're going to try and find him a home.

Tre may be content sitting the bench.  I have no idea.  If he left too, I'd rather we hold his scholarship for a transfer post or hold it until 2016.

There is a log jam at the 2. I don't think they are going to get rid of Jevon because he is the only point guard on the roster.

Tre moving on makes sense to me. He wasn't that highest on the recruiting depth chart. We missed out on Jevon Bess (MSU - this one really stings), Nate Mason (Minnesota and Troy Holston (USF - wanted to stay home). 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: March 03, 2015, 09:59:50 AM »
1& 2 will just be blurred part of the time.  Probably have multiple times with two 2's in the game combo guarding their faces off. 

I still like Wes taking point every so often.  If DJamer is in doubt, Wes will probably be a stretch 4 more often than not.

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: March 03, 2015, 10:08:50 AM »
Is Cobb still doubtful?

If he shows up, at least one other player has to get oscar'd.  Although if DJamer's leg doesn't heal, that could be it.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: March 03, 2015, 10:13:00 AM »
So, when I watched Stokes' video, I was reminded of Larry Reid...any takers?
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: March 03, 2015, 10:13:35 AM »

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=30448.msg1304579#msg1304579

nigel never got the chance that jevon did.  since getting more minutes, he's taken the opportunity to show he can play.  coaches eat this type of crap up.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: March 03, 2015, 10:31:15 AM »
1& 2 will just be blurred part of the time.  Probably have multiple times with two 2's in the game combo guarding their faces off. 

I still like Wes taking point every so often.  If DJamer is in doubt, Wes will probably be a stretch 4 more often than not.

Wes is as much of a college point guard as Nino is. Also if DJamer isn't in doubt he still isn't playing anymore than 10 mpg

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: March 03, 2015, 12:00:38 PM »

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=30448.msg1304579#msg1304579

nigel never got the chance that jevon did.  since getting more minutes, he's taken the opportunity to show he can play.  coaches eat this type of crap up.

I'd hate to lose him.  I get why he'd leave, but I hope he stays.  I know that he had a little bit of an uptick near the end of last year, and that didn't translate to the beginning of this year, but I can't imagine what it would be like to sit there and watch Jevon go out there for 30 minutes a night and sit behind that lack of production.

Of course, I know that the stats in your link probably prove my "lack of production" talking point moot, and Jevon does other things that earn him PT.  It's just really, really hard to get past the subjective, "eye test" things like mind numbing turnovers, lack of offensive skills, etc.

It also looked like Nigel was much more comfortable when pushing the ball up the floor with pace than when we slowed it down.  I noticed a number of times when he was making really good decisions on and off the ball while in transition.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 12:06:25 PM by Panjandrum »

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: March 03, 2015, 12:24:49 PM »
Run off Jevon, and Cobb goes to prep school. Stokes plays most the minutes at PG, and Brown and Nigel are comboguards so they take up the minutes when Stokes is resting.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: March 03, 2015, 12:41:15 PM »
2 of Tre, Nigel, Jevon, Foster are gone.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: March 03, 2015, 12:43:40 PM »
2 of Tre, Nigel, Jevon, Foster are gone.
i wish tre was better at being consistent. i think he could be a very good player

eff jevon in his face

#pleasestaynigel

im not even sure what to think about marcus at this point

Offline uncle clean jeans

• hygienic role model
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: March 03, 2015, 12:48:54 PM »
I've been thinking about it, a great deal. It's time to "shed" a few scholarship spots (much like the snake who sheds its skin). Now take this sugar cube, if you will: I, like the snake (and also like this team), will finally shed my own skin (this hard rock cafe tshirt), for all to see. I've been thinking about it, a great deal.

Offline uncle clean jeans

• hygienic role model
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: March 03, 2015, 12:50:15 PM »
we just need guards with a balanced game to take the lion's share of the minutes, it's very simple. Those w/o a balanced game (and we all know who they are) need to be okay with being role players. That or do everyone a favor, themselves included and GTFO

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: March 03, 2015, 12:50:43 PM »
Nigel figuring it out changes everything. As of now Nigel > a JUCO guard. I don't think this staff would ever consider running Jevon.

I have less 5 % faith that Cobb will qualify this year. His official getting cancelled is very telling. 

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1099 on: March 03, 2015, 12:58:14 PM »

Wes is as much of a college point guard as Nino is. Also if DJamer isn't in doubt he still isn't playing anymore than 10 mpg

Why would DJamer be limited to <10mpg.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd