Author Topic: 2015 Recruiting thread, The Bread Basket  (Read 296149 times)

Offline joaks01

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Recruiting thread, The Bread Basket
« Reply #1050 on: March 01, 2015, 01:40:40 PM »
How many are we Brucing?  Sounds like we have a ton of offers out there and now another commit.  I hope we don't keep Jevon and cut Nigel.

Take this for what it's worth, but I was talking to a member of the team who believes that Nigel, Tre, and Marcus are transferring. Nigel and Tre want to start (lol at Tre). I tend to believe the part about Nigel as I've heard him say that he doesn't enjoy coming off the bench. I don't think anyone would be surprised about Marcus leaving after the way the season has went.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: March 01, 2015, 01:42:39 PM »
Send Tre on his way then. Seems like with Stokes coming in, either JT or Nigel are leaving. All the rumors say Nigel.

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: March 01, 2015, 01:52:23 PM »
If Nigel gets Bruced and we keep Jevon.......my hate for Weber could not be any stronger.

How can you not see the potential than Nigel has.  Jevon has no potential....

How can this team be better next year if we lose Nigel, Tre, and Foster,....yet keep Bolden and Jevon?
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1053 on: March 01, 2015, 01:59:47 PM »
Well, I can't imagine that if we continue to play Nigel for 30 minutes a game, he'd really want to leave.

Stokes is a true PG.  There doesn't appear to be. Combo thought there.

I'd have to think it's either Jevon or Tre.  I can't see how Tre stays.  Brown will take his minutes.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: March 01, 2015, 02:02:58 PM »
Well, I can't imagine that if we continue to play Nigel for 30 minutes a game, he'd really want to leave.

I'd have to think it's either Jevon or Tre.  I can't see how Tre stays.  Brown will take his minutes.

If Cobb comes as well (how likely is that?) we'd need to free up another scholly on top of Tre's, right?

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: March 01, 2015, 02:07:58 PM »

This.

I think it i fair to assume that Cobb will have to go to a year of prep school. I think it is also fair to assume that the rest of the rest of the PG offers are now dead.

The one thing I thought was interesting was us offering a JUCO PF last week. But the staff might be worried about DJamer's health.

Now players could decide to leave on their own, but I don't think that is a fun game to play.

Offline joaks01

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: March 01, 2015, 02:16:18 PM »

Yeah I was thinking the same thing about Nigel (especially after the last two games) but the more I hear it doesn't seem like he enjoys playing for oscar. I've also noticed a couple of back handled complements from oscar about Nigel's play recently such as yesterday when oscar commented that Nigel played well but casually slipped in something about Nigel asking the coaches a question for the first time at K-State, implying that he is just now starting to care about improving or getting better. Maybe I'm reading too far into it, I don't know. His attitude is difficult to gauge because he's a naturally quiet dude and wouldn't necessarily be vocal about being happy or unhappy.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: March 01, 2015, 02:23:31 PM »
 :party:
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1058 on: March 01, 2015, 02:31:25 PM »

Yeah I was thinking the same thing about Nigel (especially after the last two games) but the more I hear it doesn't seem like he enjoys playing for oscar. I've also noticed a couple of back handled complements from oscar about Nigel's play recently such as yesterday when oscar commented that Nigel played well but casually slipped in something about Nigel asking the coaches a question for the first time at K-State, implying that he is just now starting to care about improving or getting better. Maybe I'm reading too far into it, I don't know. His attitude is difficult to gauge because he's a naturally quiet dude and wouldn't necessarily be vocal about being happy or unhappy.

Well, if this is the case, that explains the offer to the JUCO SG.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: March 01, 2015, 03:51:55 PM »
April/early May will be interesting for sure

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: March 02, 2015, 02:48:33 PM »
Are the next couple of games an audition? If Nigel continues to play the way he has does his stock rise? Or is the writing on the wall for his exit?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: March 02, 2015, 02:52:12 PM »
Are the next couple of games an audition? If Nigel continues to play the way he has does his stock rise? Or is the writing on the wall for his exit?

oscar even acknowledged that he "won" both games and should have been Big 12 POW. I would think with that potential you'd want to keep him.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: March 02, 2015, 03:01:50 PM »
If anyone gets Bruced it is because the staff believed they couldn't compete at the Big 12 level for a while now, IMO. We could see some players leave on their own accord. But we should all hope not to see that. We have been recruiting a PG for a while now and I believe the staff has always seen Nigel more of a 2 than a 1.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: March 02, 2015, 04:48:30 PM »

Well, if this is the case, that explains the offer to the JUCO SG.

When asked about Nigel Johnson's combined 18.5 point-average against No. 8 Kansas and No. 12 Iowa State, oscar Weber attributed it to attention to detail.

"In our shoot-around today, he asked his first question in two years," Weber said. "So he actually paid attention and asked us about how to guard something. He's made some progress."

:emawkid:
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: March 02, 2015, 07:59:20 PM »
What is the current count?

3 open scholarships - Gipson, Nino, Jack Krap

5? Commits - 3 signed (Brown, Wade, Williams), 2 unsigned (Cobb, Stokes)

Bolden and one of Foster/Thomas/Nigel/Tre get run?  Cobb never makes it? DJamer never heals?

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: March 02, 2015, 08:02:01 PM »
Bolden isn't going anywhere

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: March 02, 2015, 08:02:16 PM »

Bolden isn't going anywhere

Unless he can graduate already

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: March 02, 2015, 08:07:08 PM »
puds love to stay put

Offline louie

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: March 02, 2015, 08:22:32 PM »
Saw DJamer last week. He is still on crutches. Obviously had another surgery since last fall...

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: March 02, 2015, 08:24:25 PM »
Saw DJamer last week. He is still on crutches. Obviously had another surgery since last fall...

Yeah we all know that. He rides around on his scooter a lot.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: March 02, 2015, 08:25:43 PM »
puds love to stay put

King Pope DeBruce II doesn't have to extend him a scholie for next season.  His majesty does not fear running a pud.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: March 02, 2015, 08:41:02 PM »
puds love to stay put

King Pope DeBruce II doesn't have to extend him a scholie for next season.  His majesty does not fear running a pud.

How have oscar's transfers been through the years. Does he lose talent very much or just enjoy runoffs. Does he place kids at lower level schools that he is connected with?

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: March 02, 2015, 09:52:34 PM »
One thing I like about oscar is that he doesn't bat an eye about ruining players lives. I Really respect that. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: March 02, 2015, 09:54:04 PM »

One thing I like about oscar is that he doesn't bat an eye about ruining players lives. I Really respect that.

it's his insulin

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: March 02, 2015, 09:54:56 PM »
It is the nature of the beast. It is going to be interesting if schools use the runoff rule in their favor.