Author Topic: Is Planned Hamburger more important than the entire good of America?  (Read 127850 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Is Planned Hamburger more important than the entire good of America?
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2015, 11:44:09 PM »
This is a pregnant woman, not 2 people.  When she birfs or birf'd (I don't know how old this pic is or if she's had the 2nd kid yet) she'll no longer be a pregnant woman and the pic of her holding her kid will be that of 2 people and will sell for a lot of money to a tabloid.

Trim has not watched the Planned Parenthood vids. And he won't. He's ok with slaughtering fetuses based on the arbitrary fiction that a full term fetus only becomes a human worthy of protection after birth.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2015, 11:46:32 PM »
This is a pregnant woman, not 2 people.  When she birfs or birf'd (I don't know how old this pic is or if she's had the 2nd kid yet) she'll no longer be a pregnant woman and the pic of her holding her kid will be that of 2 people and will sell for a lot of money to a tabloid.

Holy crap, that def looks like at least two people.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2015, 11:47:47 PM »
Trim has not watched the Planned Parenthood vids. And he won't. He's ok with slaughtering fetuses based on the arbitrary fiction that a full term fetus only becomes a human worthy of protection after birth.

Of course I'm not gonna watch it.  I still have to catch up on tonight's premiere of the new Kardashian show!  #Seahawks

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2015, 11:53:30 PM »
Fun fact: the number of murder counts is based on the number of people murdered- not the number of family members aggrieved. I'm embarrassed for you. If you'd like to delete your post, I'll go ahead and modify my quote too. Just pretend you weren't this stupid tonight.

Yet parents who murder their own unborn children don't get charged with any counts of murder.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2015, 11:57:22 PM »
Fun fact: the number of murder counts is based on the number of people murdered- not the number of family members aggrieved. I'm embarrassed for you. If you'd like to delete your post, I'll go ahead and modify my quote too. Just pretend you weren't this stupid tonight.

Yet parents who murder their own unborn children don't get charged with any counts of murder.

Quite the pickle
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2015, 12:02:41 AM »

In most cases, no, because abortion is legal. I'm not disputing that abortion is legal in most cases - I'm saying it is evil. You're the one who started down the rabbit hole of arguing that unborn kids have no rights -you even argued that non-citizens have no rights :lol: - and now that I've shredded that idiotic argument you're trying to back track.

Dur - it's double murder because the mother and father! :lol:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2015, 12:06:03 AM »
How knocked up do you have to be before the double murder magically kicks in?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2015, 12:06:47 AM »

In most cases, no, because abortion is legal. I'm not disputing that abortion is legal in most cases - I'm saying it is evil. You're the one who started down the rabbit hole of arguing that unborn kids have no rights -you even argued that non-citizens have no rights :lol: - and now that I've shredded that idiotic argument you're trying to back track.

Well, they don't have rights. Abortion is legal, after all.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2015, 06:58:43 AM »

Well, they don't have rights. Abortion is legal, after all.

:facepalm: Abortion is not legal in all cases, and the unborn have rights in many states.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2015, 10:46:38 AM »
I'm comfortable saying there's 2 people in the first pick and 3 in the second.

I like how you drew the pregnant belly really low to indicate that she was close to giving birth.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2015, 10:50:47 AM »
Its pretty sad that they are backdooring an already fought supreme court case by defunding clinics who's services include a small amount(relative) of service in abortions.

I mean, there are several states(looking at you Bobby Jindal) who's PP clinics didn't even perform abortion, yet he shuts them down. 

This comes down to taking away a lot of non-abortion care from a lot of poor ppl just because th christian right can't attack issues the way the govt is set up to attack them, and/or being super sore losers when they do attack that issue and don't get their way.   

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2015, 10:51:49 AM »
eff, just realized I could've really set things off by making both of the people in the stick figure couple women.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2015, 10:54:30 AM »
eff, just realized I could've really set things off by making both of the people in the stick figure couple women.

Well they already could be both women.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2015, 10:55:07 AM »
I'd rather not spend federal money on clinics, regardless of whether they perform abortions or not.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2015, 10:57:29 AM »
Its pretty sad that they are backdooring an already fought supreme court case by defunding clinics who's services include a small amount(relative) of service in abortions.

I mean, there are several states(looking at you Bobby Jindal) who's PP clinics didn't even perform abortion, yet he shuts them down. 

This comes down to taking away a lot of non-abortion care from a lot of poor ppl just because th christian right can't attack issues the way the govt is set up to attack them, and/or being super sore losers when they do attack that issue and don't get their way.

Shutting down Planned Parenthood is going to increase the number of unwanted pregnancies, and thus increase the demand for abortions.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2015, 10:58:23 AM »
It's also going to make a bunch of diseases more plentiful and mostly unchecked.   

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2015, 11:10:34 AM »

Ok, this one surprisingly short sentence packs in a lot of dumbassery, so I'm going to have to break it down.

First, regarding "an already fought supreme court case" - to which case are you referring? Roe v. Wade? You should actually read that opinion. Or, you can just read this very short summary of the opinion. https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/roe_v._wade_1973. Suffice it to say, RvW only granted a right (not found in the Constitution of course - the justices just made it up) to unrestricted abortion in the first trimester. The court found that the states had increasingly compelling interests (stronger authority) to restrict abortion in the latter trimesters. Subsequent decisions have further muddied the waters, but even under current jurisprudence, there is no Constitutional right to unrestricted abortion.

Second, the current state of the law is not the issue being discussed ITT. Nobody disputes that abortion is legal in many states/situations. The question is whether abortion is immoral/evil. The answer is yes. But the people refusing to admit that are the same people who have not watched the Planned Parenthood undercover videos and never will. Because they choose to be ignore something that they (deep, deep, down) know is wrong.

Third, the talking point that Planned Parenthood really only provides a small amount of abortions relative to other services is laughably absurd. You can only reach that conclusion if you treat every service equally. For example, if you equate 1 abortion to handing out 1 pregnancy test. That's just stupid. Rich Lowry sums it up best:

The 3 percent figure is an artifice and a dodge, but even taking it on its own terms, it’s not much of a defense. Only Planned Parenthood would think saying that they only kill babies 3 percent of the time is something to brag about.

How much credit would we give someone for saying he only drives drunk 3 percent of the time, or only cheats on business trips 3 percent of the time, or only hits his wife during 3 percent of domestic disputes?

The 3 percent factoid is crafted to obscure the reality of Planned Parenthood’s business.

The group performs about 330,000 abortions a year, or roughly 30 percent of all the abortions in the country. By its own accounting in its 2013-2014 annual report, it provides about as many abortions as Pap tests (380,000). The group does more breast exams and provides more breast-care services (490,000), but not by that much.

The 3 percent figure is derived by counting abortion as just another service like much less consequential services.

So abortion is considered a service no different than a pregnancy test (1.1 million), even though a box with two pregnancy tests can be procured from the local drugstore for less than $10.

By Planned Parenthood’s math, a woman who gets an abortion but also a pregnancy test, an STD test and some contraceptives has received four services, and only 25 percent of them are abortion. This is a little like performing an abortion and giving a woman an aspirin, and saying only half of what you do is abortion.

Such cracked reasoning could be used to obscure the purpose of any organization.
The sponsors of the New York City Marathon could count each small cup of water they hand out (some 2 million cups, compared with 45,000 runners) and say they are mainly in the hydration business.

Or Major League Baseball teams could say that they sell about 20 million hot dogs and play 2,430 games in a season, so baseball is only .012 percent of what they do.

Supporters of Planned Parenthood want to use its health services as leverage to preserve its abortions, as if you can’t get one without the other.

Of course, this is nonsense.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2015, 11:14:32 AM »

Shutting down Planned Parenthood is going to increase the number of unwanted pregnancies, and thus increase the demand for abortions.

Why does Planned Parenthood need to perform abortions in order to continue dispensing birth control, healthcare referrals, etc.?

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2015, 11:16:48 AM »
You can claim it's dumbassery all you want but the reality is that the ruling did make abortions legal and this is a move by the religious right to make them unavailable since they can't make them illegal.   It's politically the next best thing and exactly why they are doing this.

Diluting this specific discussion(pp) by trying to talk about late term vs first trimester is stupid and does nothing to defend the defunding.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2015, 11:20:26 AM »
Also, I am not watching the PP vids because everyone involved has said they are heavily edited and that they have no plans to make the full vid available.  Unless something has changed on this since I last heard anything about it(approx 3 weeks ago) then there is zero reason to pay attention to them.  It is basically an admission to telling half, or none, of the story.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2015, 11:25:05 AM »
You can claim it's dumbassery all you want but the reality is that the ruling did make abortions legal and this is a move by the religious right to make them unavailable since they can't make them illegal.   It's politically the next best thing and exactly why they are doing this.

Diluting this specific discussion(pp) by trying to talk about late term vs first trimester is stupid and does nothing to defend the defunding.

:lol: It's like you didn't even bother to read past "dumbassery"! I clearly explain why you're wrong, and you're just gonna keep on truckin' anyway!  :thumbs:

Would it help if I broke it down into pieces? Here's the first part:

First, regarding "an already fought supreme court case" - to which case are you referring? Roe v. Wade? You should actually read that opinion. Or, you can just read this very short summary of the opinion. https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/roe_v._wade_1973. Suffice it to say, RvW only granted a right (not found in the Constitution of course - the justices just made it up) to unrestricted abortion in the first trimester. The court found that the states had increasingly compelling interests (stronger authority) to restrict abortion in the latter trimesters. Subsequent decisions have further muddied the waters, but even under current jurisprudence, there is no Constitutional right to unrestricted abortion.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2015, 11:26:13 AM »
The question is whether abortion is immoral/evil. The answer is yes.

:lol:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2015, 11:28:39 AM »
Also, I am not watching the PP vids because everyone involved has said they are heavily edited and that they have no plans to make the full vid available.  Unless something has changed on this since I last heard anything about it(approx 3 weeks ago) then there is zero reason to pay attention to them.  It is basically an admission to telling half, or none, of the story.

Ah, here comes the "heavily edited" canard! This one is favored the media - the same media that heavily edits every single news piece that they do. Because that's how TV media works - you start with a lot of video and cut it down to what you think are the important parts.

As for the full videos not being available, that is a lie. The Center for Medical Progress has made all the full-length videos available online. They're right here: http://www.centerformedicalprogress.org/cmp/investigative-footage/

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2015, 11:29:25 AM »
 i watched the video about ten times this morning so I think everyone who had posted thus far is now covered

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2015, 11:32:56 AM »
The question is whether abortion is immoral/evil. The answer is yes.

:lol:

Laughs the guy who hasn't watched a single video, and never will.

You know what's funny? This is a just a hoot!

O’Donnell describes the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘I want to see something kind of cool,'” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”

The San Jose Planned Parenthood does abortions up to 20 weeks of pregnancy. Referring to the beating heart of the aborted fetus, O’Donnell remarks, “I don’t know if that constitutes it’s technically dead, or it’s alive.”

O’Donnell also tells how her StemExpress supervisor instructed her to cut through the face of the fetus in order to get the brain. “”She gave me the scissors and told me that I had to cut down the middle of the face. I can’t even describe what that feels like,” she says.

That's not evil - it's reproductive health, amiright?!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 11:36:01 AM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »