Author Topic: Not melting down  (Read 9242 times)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Not melting down
« on: March 24, 2018, 07:42:14 PM »
Strangely. But this is the result I would have expected if we'd played a legit Final Four caliber team. So, maybe I can just tell myself that Loyola is a legit Final Four caliber team.

We had a good run!

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
Re: Not melting down
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 07:43:29 PM »
Strangely. But this is the result I would have expected if we'd played a legit Final Four caliber team. So, maybe I can just tell myself that Loyola is a legit Final Four caliber team.

We had a good run!
I'm not either. Very well said chum

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline Mels Fish Bowl

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 07:45:26 PM »
Same here.  2018-19 season should be a lotta fun!
Manhattan Tradition Since 1951

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 04:31:24 AM »
i'm a little bitter, i hope loyola loses the next round.

proud of the guys and coaches though, they're all awesome and lovable. it was a lot of fun to follow. barry's drive, the suspense for kentucky's last shot, and finally winning, was an amazing feeling i'll never forget.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2018, 08:06:16 AM »
I think part of it was just a bad matchup, but it’s hard to feel too frustrated losing to Loyola when it looked like we were just completely overmatched. Not gonna lie, it would feel much better if they had a “2” instead of an “11” next to their name, but I think it’s pretty obvious those guys are playing way better bball right now than they have at any other point this year. They deserve a lot of credit.

If everyone comes back next year, I’m gonna be pretty pumped. Was a lot of fun cheering for these guys.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2018, 09:42:36 AM »
Everything they threw at the rim went in, and everything we threw at the rim rattled out. Some guy who never scored 14 points in a high school game made 6 3's. It happens.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2018, 09:43:41 AM »
That said, kentucky would have had 20 blocks in that game. Going 5 guards was stupid and they made 25 layups as a result.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2018, 10:03:38 AM »
Everything they threw at the rim went in, and everything we threw at the rim rattled out. Some guy who never scored 14 points in a high school game made 6 3's. It happens.
Well, they were wide rough ridin' open the entire game and we were throwing up contested long twos at the end of the shot clock. So of course more of theirs went in.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2018, 10:05:36 AM »
I was given the impression that the lol shitty shooting % of prior opponents was 100% attributable to KSU’s historically great defense.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2018, 10:08:59 AM »
I was given the impression that the lol shitty shooting % of prior opponents was 100% attributable to KSU’s historically great defense.
Those were because of the great KSU defense, yesterday was because of lucky Loyola shooting

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2018, 10:18:37 AM »
Those were because of the great KSU defense, yesterday was because of lucky Loyola shooting

Maybe it was the nun.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2018, 04:35:05 PM »
That said, kentucky would have had 20 blocks in that game. Going 5 guards was stupid and they made 25 layups as a result.

LOL, our best rim protector was one of those five guards. LOL at the thought of any of our bigs protecting the rim

Offline brandochav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2018, 05:22:29 PM »

LOL, our best rim protector was one of those five guards. LOL at the thought of any of our bigs protecting the rim

They had some acrobatic shots go in, but the open or barely contested layups are an example of a terrific offensive game plan against our D. Loyola was much faster than we were, and we had no real ability to make up for it. They never let our defense settle-in and used a pass-and-attack approach that we weren't prepared for, or possibly even able to defend. Simply put, Loyola had some crucial, lucky shots go-in and we had unlucky in-and-outs almost all game, couple that with the quickness and execution of their offense and us having no real rim defender to cover (thank God for no 3 seconds in NCAA), well, it's a tough but understandable loss.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2018, 08:25:42 AM »

They had some acrobatic shots go in, but the open or barely contested layups are an example of a terrific offensive game plan against our D. Loyola was much faster than we were, and we had no real ability to make up for it. They never let our defense settle-in and used a pass-and-attack approach that we weren't prepared for, or possibly even able to defend. Simply put, Loyola had some crucial, lucky shots go-in and we had unlucky in-and-outs almost all game, couple that with the quickness and execution of their offense and us having no real rim defender to cover (thank God for no 3 seconds in NCAA), well, it's a tough but understandable loss.

yep, just bad luck

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2018, 09:04:52 AM »
They also travelled a lot. I don't recall very many "wide open" 3's. I remember a host of turnaround 3's going in, and a lot of wild reverse layups.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2018, 09:22:54 AM »
lucky and they cheated, and made wild shots

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2018, 09:40:41 AM »
A lot of oscar Weber socks in here

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2018, 09:59:25 AM »
They also travelled a lot. I don't recall very many "wide open" 3's. I remember a host of turnaround 3's going in, and a lot of wild reverse layups.

well here's their first three of the game

Pretty much all their three point opportunities in the first half were created by a corner defender needlessly helping off a corner three point shooter. Like you can't be this far away from a shooter as good as Custer and expect to close out in time.

you can relive them all here...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b191evqWAwE

I only watched the first half and none of the threes made were difficult by any stretch of the imagination.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 10:04:35 AM by michigancat »

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2018, 10:13:01 AM »

Pretty much all their three point opportunities in the first half were created by a corner defender needlessly helping off a corner three point shooter. Like you can't be this far away from a shooter as good as Custer and expect to close out in time.

I only watched the first half and none of the threes made were difficult by any stretch of the imagination.

It wasn't Custer, it was Richards. I think we started the game helping off of him and it burned us. He hit the first one wide open, then he just went nuts. Some of those were guarded, some not. Also, as the game went a long we also started closing out hard and then they drove us. We just never got into any defensive rhythm, the absolutely destroyed us and we had no answer.

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2018, 10:27:59 AM »
At the end of the day, it comes down to putting the ball in the basket......they did, we didn't

They had wide open shots and had contested shots.  They just made them.

Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2018, 10:31:51 AM »

:lol:
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2018, 10:46:09 AM »

It wasn't Custer, it was Richards. I think we started the game helping off of him and it burned us. He hit the first one wide open, then he just went nuts. Some of those were guarded, some not. Also, as the game went a long we also started closing out hard and then they drove us. We just never got into any defensive rhythm, the absolutely destroyed us and we had no answer.
Still shouldn't be helping off a 39% three point shooter like that.

This is a good watch: https://youtu.be/ekmw3Qf2eBY

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2018, 11:11:21 AM »
This is a good watch: https://youtu.be/ekmw3Qf2eBY

that was great, especially the tips on how to improve my vision.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2018, 11:12:39 AM »
It was a very smooth plug

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2018, 11:44:59 AM »
was a great breakdown though, i wish he'd done the kstate-loyola game.