Author Topic: Bubble game watch thread - Who do we want to win (lose)?  (Read 3758 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: Bubble game watch thread - Who do we want to win (lose)?
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2018, 09:57:24 AM »
saw that l'ville game.  still seems impossible that they lost.  they should review the tape - there must have been a mistake somewhere along the way.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline mhkpasa

• Katpak'r
  • Let's go get a couple bowls of loudmouth soup
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2018, 12:41:03 PM »
saw that l'ville game.  still seems impossible that they lost.  they should review the tape - there must have been a mistake somewhere along the way.

Had this thought last night - did UVA plan the lane violation to bait the travel on the baseline? Or is that too deep?

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2018, 02:46:08 PM »

Had this thought last night - did UVA plan the lane violation to bait the travel on the baseline? Or is that too deep?

The Ref usually tells the inbounds player that he can't move.  I think the Ville player just didn't pay attention if the ref said it, or his instinct to run kicked in.  Most of the time when you inbounds the ball 90 feet from your goal, you can run the baseline

The Ville also fouled on a 3pt shot up 4 with 2 seconds. That wasn't very bright either

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2018, 05:59:28 PM »
the ref did tell the player, it was visible on replay.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2018, 08:16:55 PM »
Ouch.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2018, 07:28:05 AM »
I haven't really followed too closely this year, but I just read an article and we want the Cats to win and also Middle Tennessee State to win all their games and also Nebraska to lose (I'm not even sure about the bubble implications of that last one, but I'm pretty sure it's right because that one article I read described Nebraska's resume/record and it basically sounded exactly the same as ours).
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2018, 07:42:21 AM »
Nebraska lost, they are NIT bound.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2018, 07:52:52 AM »
Was Penn St even close? 21 wins, beat tOSU last night, play Purdue in the semis tonight
:adios:

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2018, 08:12:26 AM »

Good grief the Big Ten is atrocious.  Tied for 4th in the conference at 13-5 and headed to the NIT.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2018, 08:36:47 AM »

Good grief the Big Ten is atrocious.  Tied for 4th in the conference at 13-5 and headed to the NIT.

They are basically a good mid major conference this year. They look a lot more like the American this year or Missouri Valley back when Creighton and WSU were there. 4 teams in the RPI top 25 and the rest 65 or worse. Half the league (7 teams) at 100 or worse. It is crazy a Big 10 team could win 13 conference games and only 1 of those is over a NCAA tournament team.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2018, 09:11:34 AM »
Was Penn St even close? 21 wins, beat tOSU last night, play Purdue in the semis tonight

According to Bracket Matrix, only one "bracketologist" has Penn St. even on the bubble right now. Interestingly, same bracket has KSU in the "next four out" line.  I think it's just an algorithm.  So short of winning the whole thing, I don't think Penn St. has a realistic shot.