Author Topic: Lumber Jackers of North AZ. Cats should beat em raw.  (Read 2475 times)

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Lumber Jackers of North AZ. Cats should beat em raw.
« on: November 19, 2017, 05:44:36 PM »
Should be good preparation.  From Topeka Journal:
"“Our four guys have been through all our drills and understand our system,” Weber said. “Now, for the rest of them, how do they continue to improve? Habits, technique, desire, understanding, being in the right place. If they can continue to improve and see it, that’s going to help us as we move forward.”

Northern Arizona is 0-3, coming off a 97-62 loss Friday to Arizona State, which is the Wildcats’ opponent Thursday in Las Vegas. The Lumberjacks also have losses to Arizona (101-67) and Embry-Riddle (82-70).

The Wildcats’ strong start has been fueled by defense, which produced 21 points off 17 UC Irvine turnovers in the 71-49 victory. Northern Arizona had 24 turnovers against Arizona State, leading to 24 points for the Sun Devils.

“Their scores have been a little lop-sided,” Weber said of the Lumberjacks, “but as I said, this is about us getting ready, executing and doing the things we need to do.?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Lumber Jackers of North AZ. Cats should beat em raw.
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 06:03:27 PM »
This is the worst team we will play this year. They lost to a team called Embry Riddle last week by 12. Seriously.

But still, this one still has some importance to me as revenge for taking Adam Lopez from us.

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 07:02:53 PM »
Go ‘Cats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 09:22:03 PM »
Lets whoop up on Northern AZ, we don't suck they do!
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 01:53:26 AM »
This is the worst team we will play this year. They lost to a team called Embry Riddle last week by 12. Seriously.

But still, this one still has some importance to me as revenge for taking Adam Lopez from us.

of note: nau lost to ASU 97-62. ASU also beat UC Irvine 99-78. So, weirdly, by the time we play ASU this week, we will already have played two common opponents. i know transitive property doesn't apply and all, but at least that gives us some sense of where we stand before we play the odious sun devils (my undergrad is ua, so i'm allowed to hate them, ha). best guess for 11/23 is a dog fight and a lot of points.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 07:40:19 AM »

of note: nau lost to ASU 97-62. ASU also beat UC Irvine 99-78. So, weirdly, by the time we play ASU this week, we will already have played two common opponents. i know transitive property doesn't apply and all, but at least that gives us some sense of where we stand before we play the odious sun devils (my undergrad is ua, so i'm allowed to hate them, ha). best guess for 11/23 is a dog fight and a lot of points.
I saw this too.  Irvine has been on the road a lot.  I hope the means AAU doesn’t play good defense. I am not sure how we can keep up with a high flying offense.  I think it would be good to let our guys play faster this game.

Offline cat97

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2017, 08:04:26 AM »
You can't tell much by comparing scores but I don't know how UCIrvine scored 78 points against anybody. 

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2017, 08:12:18 AM »
FYI, Irvine and Northern Arizona are part of the same Vegas tournament that we are in with Arizona State. Xavier and George Washington are the other side along with Rider and Hampton. The bigger schools play the smaller schools on their home court. Then in Vegas us, Arizona State, Xavier, and George Washington play in one bracket and the small schools play in another bracket.

Currently teams are allowed to schedule 27 games (OOC + conference schedule) and then can choose to play in one "exempt" tournament (like this one), which will add up to 4 games. Or you can decline to play an exempt tournament and schedule 29 games.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2017, 08:14:18 AM »
You can't tell much by comparing scores but I don't know how UCIrvine scored 78 points against anybody. 

Arizona State plays at a much higher pace than we do and they don't play nearly as well on defense.

kenpom says we should win by 7 and gives us a 72% chance currently to win the game.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2017, 08:16:10 PM »
FYI, Irvine and Northern Arizona are part of the same Vegas tournament that we are in with Arizona State. Xavier and George Washington are the other side along with Rider and Hampton. The bigger schools play the smaller schools on their home court. Then in Vegas us, Arizona State, Xavier, and George Washington play in one bracket and the small schools play in another bracket.

Currently teams are allowed to schedule 27 games (OOC + conference schedule) and then can choose to play in one "exempt" tournament (like this one), which will add up to 4 games. Or you can decline to play an exempt tournament and schedule 29 games.

roger that. i had no idea.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2017, 09:18:00 PM »
Northern Arizona was so bad its hard to take much away from this. Cats forced turnovers on over 40% of NAU possessions and played just hard enough to win by 20.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2017, 09:38:51 PM »
Northern Arizona was so bad its hard to take much away from this. Cats forced turnovers on over 40% of NAU possessions and played just hard enough to win by 20.
Fan your last sentence concerns me.  I was expecting better.  I guess Lumberjacks ineptness affected the flow of the game.  Sounded like a good crowd listening on the radio.  Romello White for ASU may eat Wade's turnips.

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2017, 09:59:35 PM »
Fan your last sentence concerns me.  I was expecting better.  I guess Lumberjacks ineptness affected the flow of the game.  Sounded like a good crowd listening on the radio.  Romello White for ASU may eat Wade's turnips.
I can tell you it wasn't a good crowd. Barely any students.
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2017, 10:51:55 PM »
ya looked on tv like there was about 3 people there tonight

playing shitty teams in the non con, like we have all season, isn’t fun or entertaining and does very little for our team other that to help prop up a bullshit facade that the team belongs in an end of season tournament which they have zero chance of competing in

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2017, 11:19:20 PM »
did this game happen?

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2017, 11:22:57 PM »

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2017, 10:57:11 AM »
We look sloppy on offense but it honestly looked like we were too jacked up from getting NAU to practically turn the ball over at will.

NAU is yes, easily the worst team we'll play, it's shocking they could hold onto the ball as much as they did, we had several chances for other steals that we tipped out of bounds/couldn't fully keep a handle on.

We just seemed to keep pressing the issue too much on offense, my  :th_twocents:
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2017, 11:35:14 AM »
19 steals  :sdeek:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2017, 12:44:15 PM »

actually it was more like 4 steals and 15 “hey guy do you want this ball?”s

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2017, 12:58:59 PM »

actually it was more like 4 steals and 15 “hey guy do you want this ball?”s

That's not an inaccurate statement
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Online EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2017, 07:23:14 PM »
Bringing that sad sack team to Manhattan should be enough in itself to get Oscar fired.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2017, 08:38:34 PM »
I can tell you it wasn't a good crowd. Barely any students.
We are on Thanksgiving break guys sheesh

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023