Author Topic: oscar is...  (Read 14450 times)

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: oscar is...
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2016, 11:21:40 AM »
it would be very stupid to fire weber this year.

YES!
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2016, 11:25:44 AM »
He won't get fired because we'll at least get an NIT bid and the apologists will say it's proof of progress

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2016, 11:40:53 AM »

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2016, 02:53:48 PM »
it would be very stupid to fire weber this year.
it would answer the question of "Does Currie hate Kstate basketball fans?" with complete finality

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2016, 03:08:11 PM »
There is the possibility that oscar has his highest end of season Kenpom rating, doesn't make the tournament and gets fired.

I don't think any human can process that.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2016, 03:22:45 PM »
There is the possibility that oscar has his highest end of season Kenpom rating, doesn't make the tournament and gets fired.

even though it would be stupid for kstate to fire him, if you're any kind of fan at all you have to root for this to happen.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2016, 03:57:12 PM »

even though it would be stupid for kstate to fire him, if you're any kind of fan at all you have to root for this to happen.

1) Take Brad whenever we can get him. I think that is the only hope while we have Currie.
2) Stick with oscar until Currie is gone. Unless he drops below 50th in kenpom.

I think that is the only reasonable train of thought. Confusing time for Cat fans.  :dunno: :dunno:

Offline jasn88cubs

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2016, 04:17:03 PM »
oscar is causing his biggest fan to get ripped on

--Watch out for Istilllikeharv he is a Weber Fan First (WFF)

He doesnt care about kansas st. He will just follow Weber to wherever he goes after he gets ***********. He's more worried abotu Weber's success then he is of Kansas St

He use to post on the Illini board all the time now he never does. Why? Because Brucie couldn't cut the cake at Illini land.

Now I'm not saying Johnny Groce is better because he isn't but for you wild car fans who actually think Harv cares about Kansas ST well my friends you are sadly mistaken brothers

If it wasn't for the Kansas St a.d. oscar weber would be in a dark room watching film at some lowly mid major college and if it wasn't for the Kansas St a.d. Harv would still be on the Illini board making excuses for Weber

http://www.scout.com/college/kansas-state/forums/2671-men-s-hoops/15233176-watch-out-for-istilllikeharv

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2016, 04:27:44 PM »
like iron mike, messiah-type

Offline BrokenSky1113

• Fan
  • Heaper of Wampums
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2016, 10:31:04 PM »
Awkward and weird. Not a great coach, but probably better than most of our fans give him credit for.

He seems fairly consistent with finding talent from lower rated recruits. Players also seem to develop well in the program. But some of the in-game coaching decisions are really bad.

Beyond being weird, he is unbelievably uninspiring.
"yeah he (she???) is probably the worst fan we have" - Meow Meow

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2016, 10:51:55 PM »
Awkward and weird. Not a great coach, but probably better than most of our fans give him credit for.

He seems fairly consistent with finding talent from lower rated recruits. Players also seem to develop well in the program. But some of the in-game coaching decisions are really bad.

Beyond being weird, he is unbelievably uninspiring.

Doesn't recruit well enough to build depth. Not great with identifying and landing points guards. He is in game is pretty effing good.

Offline ELL3

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2016, 11:09:42 PM »
The first 6 conference games this year are going to be an interesting test for our youngsters

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I agree Bill, gotta keep sawing wood and getting a little better each and every day

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2016, 11:54:20 PM »
I don't think most KSU fans grasp how hard it is going to be to hire a better coach than oscar. Specially how we are running our athletic program.

:ROFL: we're 7th in the Big 12 in wins since oscar got here and numbers 6, 8, 9, and 10 have all fired a bad coach and replaced that coach with a better one.

Firing oscar would be putting a kroger brand band-aid on the real problem.

Tell me when the athletic department was in better shape.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2016, 12:28:27 AM »
I don't think most KSU fans grasp how hard it is going to be to hire a better coach than oscar. Specially how we are running our athletic program.

:ROFL: we're 7th in the Big 12 in wins since oscar got here and numbers 6, 8, 9, and 10 have all fired a bad coach and replaced that coach with a better one.

Dixon is the only one with a resume proving he is better in the long run. Shaka, Underwood and Beard will take time to judge.

I would like to see a list of coaches we could hire that would have a better resume than oscar. Although there are probably a handful of coaches that have a chance to be better.

I have an extremely shallow view as of date on who we could hire. I look at our current kenpom ranking (34) and look up and down the list to see who we could hire to improve.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2016, 12:52:05 PM »

Dixon is the only one with a resume proving he is better in the long run. Shaka, Underwood and Beard will take time to judge.

I would like to see a list of coaches we could hire that would have a better resume than oscar. Although there are probably a handful of coaches that have a chance to be better.

I have an extremely shallow view as of date on who we could hire. I look at our current kenpom ranking (34) and look up and down the list to see who we could hire to improve.

Who cares who has the better resume? That doesn't make any sense. So we're going to keep oscar no matter what because his team had a good March 12 years ago? Tying for the Big 12 championship 5 seasons ago carries more weight than the following 5th, 6th, and 8th? If it's time to go it's time to go. You can pay some life long assistant $700,000 to finish in 8th place.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2016, 06:21:33 AM »
Building towards a hell of a run.  We should have some success this year, but reading about the recruits in the pipeline excites me.  Now is not the time to climb up on the stove and crap in the simmering pot of stew.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2016, 08:17:16 AM »
Building towards a hell of a run.  We should have some success this year, but reading about the recruits in the pipeline excites me.  Now is not the time to climb up on the stove and crap in the simmering pot of stew.
Agreed I'm excited it will be very fun in the next few years

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2017, 02:01:39 PM »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2017, 02:23:04 PM »
7-28 in true road games over the last 4 seasons. 

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2017, 02:48:39 PM »
Those RPI numbers seem pretty telling. I guess I don't have much to compare them with, but it seems like we purposefully play a bunch of shitty teams because we're not very good against quality teams. 20-44 against top 50 competition? I mean, yeah, I expect a dropoff from 51-100, but a 50% decline tells me we haven't had a program that's capable of competing against tourney competition while he's been here. Ultimately why I want him gone, I don't care if we're 12-6 vs NIT/CBI/CIT level competition. If you're not capable of beating NCAA tournament teams regularly (at least hold serve at home, goodness that number sucks), then what's the point of keeping the guy around? He's slightly better than Wooly or Asbury, good for him I guess.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2017, 02:49:24 PM »
Conference winning % on the uptick so far this year.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2017, 02:52:51 PM »

That doesn't sound correct.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2017, 02:55:09 PM »

40% > 28%, no?

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2017, 02:57:36 PM »

40% > 28%, no?

I thought you meant it was moving the needle on his overall conference win % up. My bad. Yeah, real banner year for oscar so far.