Author Topic: Three reasonable expectations for next Wednesday  (Read 17850 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Three reasonable expectations for next Wednesday
« Reply #150 on: March 10, 2018, 12:39:24 PM »
1. ku will win by 16+
2. oscar will make a weird illogical exbruce
3. someone will make the case that of a moral victory even tho we get blown out
^this seems basically like what happened last night

Do you guys ever stop trolling? There's like 10 people who posts on this board, trolling seems unnecessary.
I'm not trolling.

Full disclosure: I felt like a lot of people were claiming a moral victory on Twitter or gE last night, so I searched "moral victory" on our vaunted search engine, found this post and thought points 1 and 3 were quite salient.

Maybe you don't know what a moral victory is? Quote one of the tweets or posts you think you saw. If you were being rational I don't think applying what Cartier posted two years ago is at all applicable to us playing the conference champion and a #1 seed in the NCAA tournament without the best 1-2 combination in the entire conference.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 10, 2018, 01:05:51 PM »
It wasn't meant that seriously.  Though I think many see losing to KU by 16 in a game where we "fought hard" as a moral victory.

Looking up tweets is stupid as hell, especially given that Twitter isn't chronological anymore and I can really look up what I saw at 8:30 last night.

I do think that a lot of people are happy with how we played last night, which outside of Mawein, was pretty bad.

Also, I'd for sure take Graham and Svi or Doke over Wade and Brown. So not sure about the "best 1-2 combination".

https://twitter.com/fanman_ksu/status/972516247073099777?s=21

https://twitter.com/pj_drumm/status/972293347283996672?s=21

https://twitter.com/kellisrobinett/status/972300532005113856?s=21

https://twitter.com/lastfoos/status/972299041437507584?s=21

https://twitter.com/mindyisbusy/status/972292221386018820?s=21

https://twitter.com/ksumanhatter/status/972276528246640641?s=21
:adios:

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 10, 2018, 01:07:41 PM »
Also, I like this team. I think they are pretty good. I just don't see reasons for encouragement from last night outside of Mawien maybe being a competent player.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 10, 2018, 01:20:57 PM »

I do think that a lot of people are happy with how we played last night, which outside of Mawein, was pretty bad.

WTF? Of course it was bad, we were missing our two best offensive players, our best defender, and our best rebounder. Mak, Kam, and Ahmad all played over 35 minutes. McGuirl played 21 minutes last night, he had 42 minutes the entire season and only 3 minutes the last month. What exactly were you expecting?

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 10, 2018, 01:25:23 PM »

WTF? Of course it was bad, we were missing our two best offensive players, our best defender, and our best rebounder. Mak, Kam, and Ahmad all played over 35 minutes. McGuirl played 21 minutes last night, he had 42 minutes the entire season and only 3 minutes the last month. What exactly were you expecting?
Sure it was bad. It was expected to be bad. Some people seem excited about how we "fought" and "competed". I think that is silly.  I didn't expect greatness, but I won't laud mediocrity.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 10, 2018, 04:04:24 PM »
If MiR's going to ask people to spend the time to go fetch tweets off the internet, he could have the gd decency to actually respond to that and not just breeze past it just because it means he's wrong to at least some extent.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 10, 2018, 07:40:05 PM »
If MiR's going to ask people to spend the time to go fetch tweets off the internet, he could have the gd decency to actually respond to that and not just breeze past it just because it means he's wrong to at least some extent.

I did address it champ, I addressed the thought of qualifying what happened as a "moral victory" before he even posted the tweets.

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #157 on: March 10, 2018, 11:01:45 PM »

Sure it was bad. It was expected to be bad. Some people seem excited about how we "fought" and "competed". I think that is silly.  I didn't expect greatness, but I won't laud mediocrity.
Tough crowd. 

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 10, 2018, 11:57:28 PM »

Tough crowd. 

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

My man acting like that game wasn't a loss the second Barry went to the locker room is a complete contrivance, feigning outrage. He used a two year old post to make the point.

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 11, 2018, 09:48:44 AM »
Losing by nearly 20 to a down KU team who had their foot at half throttle and then claiming a moral victory was perfect for the sack of crap losers who continue to worship fellow sack of crap loser coach.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 11, 2018, 10:01:40 AM »
Yeah, really don't give a crap how hard they played.

They're supposed to rough ridin' play hard.

Good for mak but they didn't even try to play defense on him either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk