Author Topic: Did they record Bob Davis radio today?  (Read 12827 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: Did they record Bob Davis radio today?
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2014, 09:29:42 AM »
Fun to listen to. Which is great in the TV era, because he's basically inconsequential.

SWEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIISHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Reboulet

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2014, 10:58:43 PM »
Bob had an amazing first half. Started with "Iwun-dough", moved on to "Omar",  then said "Southwell" - - and immediately corrected himself with "Spreewell"

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2014, 11:10:44 PM »
Would absolutely love to watch that game with Bob Davis radio dubbed over the video. Someone please make it happen.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2014, 11:15:42 PM »
Bob had an amazing first half. Started with "Iwun-dough", moved on to "Omar",  then said "Southwell" - - and immediately corrected himself with "Spreewell"

Bob is no Max Falkenstein. Not by a long shot. Max never denied being a homer, but he was so much better than Bob can ever hope to be.

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2014, 11:23:16 PM »
Bob would be a great front row'r for us if we could convert him to a KSU fan.  He's already got the booing and official hate down, no learning curve

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2014, 11:33:52 PM »
How many dismayed "oh! they're gonna call it against kyuuuuuuuuu!"s were there? That's always my favorite Bob-ism.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 11, 2014, 12:54:23 AM »
How many dismayed "oh! they're gonna call it against kyuuuuuuuuu!"s were there? That's always my favorite Bob-ism.
When DJamer was called on that tie up, i was all bummed.  Fran I felt was livid, mentally i was wondering what Bob was saying if he was our homer announcer.
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2014, 05:36:40 AM »
There was a play that self was mad about and gurley was staring at him and when seff looked his way gg gave him this weird smile shrug .  Strange interaction.

Offline k-state87

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2014, 06:04:58 AM »

"being hand checked by Spradling"
"Spradling pushes Frankamp away from him"
"he had Gipson all over him"

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2014, 07:16:07 AM »
Tough call as to who is the bigger homer, Matt Tait or Bob Davis.   I think I'll with Tait, because everything he does seems like it comes right off the desk of the KU SID/Marketing Office.

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 24, 2015, 08:41:35 AM »
Any good Bob stories?  I have heard that he had a meltdown over oscar being "all over the court" and outside of the coaches box.

:ROFL:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 24, 2015, 08:54:09 AM »
Any good Bob stories?  I have heard that he had a meltdown over oscar being "all over the court" and outside of the coaches box.

:ROFL:

I thought Self was going to explode on that double dribble no call.

Poor Bob, he has to sit through the debacle of football and so you know he and Greg are all locked and loaded for K-State in hoops, only to now see KU starting to lose regularly in Manhattan.  Gotta be tough on those guys.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 24, 2015, 09:08:37 AM »
Dammit - just read this whole thread thinking it was about last night's game, then last year's players' names started popping up, then I saw my question from last year which is the same as my question for this year: Any good #ohhhhhhhthey'regoingtocallitagainstkuuuuuuuu moments? Because I would really like to have some audio of that.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 24, 2015, 10:16:37 AM »
Dammit - just read this whole thread thinking it was about last night's game, then last year's players' names started popping up, then I saw my question from last year which is the same as my question for this year: Any good #ohhhhhhhthey'regoingtocallitagainstkuuuuuuuu moments? Because I would really like to have some audio of that.

I actually agree with KBP K-S-U here.