Author Topic: Duke: Worst So Called Blue Blood?  (Read 9446 times)

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Duke: Worst So Called Blue Blood?
« on: February 14, 2013, 11:15:35 AM »
I don't know if you all saw this but Coach Ratface had to stop the old Duke student section from storming the court after the #2 team in the country beat an unranked UNC team.  What a bunch of idiots.

http://www.businessinsider.com/video-mike-krzyzewski-stops-duke-students-from-rushing-court-2013-2

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: Duke: Worst So Called Blue Blood?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 11:16:25 AM »
duke is k-state's sister school, so, no.  thread fail.  i expected way more from you gc, way more.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 11:19:30 AM »
Rushing the court is fun. Everyone should do it once.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 11:22:46 AM »
props to the students for not allowing their eliteness get in the way of some college fun.

Offline BWebbs0

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 11:29:52 AM »
I think if KU wouldn't have trounced us they rush the court if they win by a last second shot.
oscar Weber has the personality of a dead moth.

Will Spradling is an awful human being.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 11:34:42 AM »
The typical KU hoops fan (which I guess is the only type there is) is such a weird mix of arrogance, envy and insecurity.

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 11:35:32 AM »
duke is k-state's sister school, so, no.  thread fail.  i expected way more from you gc, way more.

Sorry to disappoint. Watching the video again it may not be students rushing the court, but rather media members and coach K, being senial, thought the game was not over.  Who knows.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 11:35:46 AM »
I hate people who get butthurt about people rushing the court/tearing down goalposts. grumpy fun hating old balls dorks.

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 11:36:45 AM »
The typical KU hoops fan (which I guess is the only type there is) is such a weird mix of arrogance, envy and insecurity.

No envy or insecurity here.  Arrogance? Probably some, can't deny that.  I just think if you are going to be a top flight program who is always competing for titles you should not storm the court.  Leave that to Sandstormin student sections.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2013, 11:37:16 AM »
ACT LIKE YOU'VE BEEN THERE!

what's the benefit to this? it's less fun. gets you less time on sports highlights. less partying.

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2013, 11:38:22 AM »

what's the benefit to this? it's less fun. gets you less time on sports highlights. less partying.

Yes because Duke always has to worry about being in sports highlights.  Are you kidding me?

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2013, 11:38:51 AM »

Sorry to disappoint. Watching the video again it may not be students rushing the court, but rather media members and coach K, being senial, thought the game was not over.  Who knows.
yeah, didn't look like students.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2013, 11:39:27 AM »

Yes because Duke always has to worry about being in sports highlights.  Are you kidding me?

ok, what's the benefit to not? I'm not kidding anyone here btw. I rough ridin' hate old dorks who complain about students having fun.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2013, 11:39:34 AM »

pretty obvious it wasn't the students.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2013, 11:41:21 AM »
how fun is not storming the court? I mean, do you just sit there and party quietly inside your mind by yourself in your seat? EVERYONE COME LOOK HOW HARD I'M NOT STORMING THE COURT!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2013, 11:44:13 AM »
Man, elite poster Pissclams showed me an old ticket stub he had from attending a North Carolina-Duke game. I was super jels.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2013, 11:45:17 AM »
Out of the four basketball bluebloods of Duke, NC, Kentucky, and UCLA, Duke is my favorite.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2013, 11:46:03 AM »
Also, storming the court/field is super elite and fun. This is why KU Football fans do it after every win. It's been awhile since they could do it though. T's & P's.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2013, 11:46:11 AM »
we partied pretty hard in the stands after beating texas in hoops when they were #1.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2013, 11:57:53 AM »
Out of the four basketball bluebloods of Duke, NC, Kentucky, and UCLA, Duke is my favorite.

That list just isn't complete without Indiana, Arizona and Michigan State.  Add those three and I might consider it as a complete list of college basketball's "bluebloods."
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2013, 12:01:20 PM »

That list just isn't complete without Indiana, Arizona and Michigan State.  Add those three and I might consider it as a complete list of college basketball's "bluebloods."

Would consider adding Uconn.  Can't think of any other elite programs.

Offline SEK_EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2013, 12:03:37 PM »

Two good posts here. :thumbs:

As someone who suffered through the 1st four years of Tan Tom, and zero big wins, I say storm the court every chance you get.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2013, 12:07:39 PM »

Indiana's resurgence has helped keep them in the blueblood convo, I am not sure Uconn will be able to stay. 

I think to be a blue blood you need to be a basketball first culture and need multiple NCs; even better if won by multiple coaches.  I am no expert on MSU, but they seem to still be a football first school (I don't mean this a slight to MSU - they are one of my favorite big 10 schools)

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2013, 12:08:08 PM »

I don't want to get too generous here, but Temple had some reaaallly good years under John Chaney.  Maybe they deserve a spot on the list. 
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline KSUblumpkin

• Dr. Blumpkin, Esquire
  • goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Combo-Fan
  • My awesomeness gives Bill Self diarrhea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2013, 12:14:22 PM »
You have to give Duke fans credit where credit is due.  Chanting "how's your grandma?" at a NC State player whose grandma just passed away was one of the finest trolling attempts I have seen from a student section in years.

Duke is that ex-girlfriend that keeps stopping by your place when you have clearly moved on.  You want to get far from that beast (duke/ex-girlfriend) but ESPN will make sure you will be watching the Vitale/Bilas/Coach K three way Handy J.
#OperationMotorBoatCindy