Author Topic: #22  (Read 7265 times)

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
Re: #22
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2012, 01:45:56 PM »
my apologies to all you under 6'6" retards that told yourselves you'd be good if you were taller.  you'd have been good if you'd had skills.
This could be true.  A lot of kids that went to small high schools that were like 6'3" would have probably been C or PF.  Which means they practiced as a C or PF their whole high school career.  Maybe if their coach would have had them play the 1 or 2 they could have had better ball skills and shooting skills rather than pounding the block against other 6'3" small town C or PF.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2012, 02:09:06 PM »
my apologies to all you under 6'6" retards that told yourselves you'd be good if you were taller.  you'd have been good if you'd had skills.
This could be true.  A lot of kids that went to small high schools that were like 6'3" would have probably been C or PF.  Which means they practiced as a C or PF their whole high school career.  Maybe if their coach would have had them play the 1 or 2 they could have had better ball skills and shooting skills rather than pounding the block against other 6'3" small town C or PF.

This is the best thing that AAU has done.

At 6'-5" I was the second tallest kid that ever hit the court in my HS league for 4 yrs in 4-A KS ball.

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2012, 04:18:41 PM »
LOL at UCONN even being ranked, let alone in the top 20....losses to UCF, Tenn, Cin, Seton Hall and Rutgers....i guess they did have a great win (in OT, at home) over FSU.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2012, 04:19:53 PM »
my apologies to all you under 6'6" retards that told yourselves you'd be good if you were taller.  you'd have been good if you'd had skills.

This is a big part of why I always say HS coaches are the rough ridin' worst. What you are describing happens at schools of every size.

Not sure how we got here, but I am not a fan of HS coaches.

Offline the KHAN!

• Katpak'r
  • The Prince of Darkness and Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2012, 04:20:38 PM »
Tallest kid on my Highschool team was 6 foot flat.  

Standing at 6'4 the coach asked me to go out. I told him to eff himself. In very nice terms. Too much running for my fat ass.
The Scheme Doctor
Up the Banana Wall

Online WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2012, 04:54:51 PM »
Tallest kid on my Highschool team was 6 foot flat. 

Standing at 6'4 the coach asked me to go out. I told him to eff himself. In very nice terms. Too much running for my fat ass.

where the hell is the midget population you are from??

there were at least 5 kids 6' 4' on my 1-A team.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: #22
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2012, 05:03:51 PM »
my apologies to all you under 6'6" retards that told yourselves you'd be good if you were taller.  you'd have been good if you'd had skills.

This is a big part of why I always say HS coaches are the rough ridin' worst. What you are describing happens at schools of every size.

That's why people say if they were taller they'd be good.  Because they are 6 foot with a post game.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2012, 05:11:10 PM »
such a weird thing, i feel like we suck so much of the time and we're still ranked.

college basketball is way down this year like this every year

http://kenpom.com/blog/index.php/weblog/state_of_the_game_2011/

even if scoring is down it doesn't mean the talent is down.  maybe we are just in a phase of college hoops where a majority of college coaches are stressing defense over offense. 

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2012, 05:21:00 PM »
such a weird thing, i feel like we suck so much of the time and we're still ranked.

even if scoring is down it doesn't mean the talent is down.  maybe we are just in a phase of college hoops where a majority of college coaches are stressing defense over offense. 

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2012, 06:02:47 PM »

Or a 5'11 4!!!!  :shakesfist: :shakesfist: :shakesfist:

The tallest guy we had pretty much all through my HS days was 6'1 and that may have been pushing it. Our whole team was between 5'10 and 6'1. Not that I would have been an all star anyway, but coming up playing the 4 spot at 5'11 didn't do anything for my three point shooting and ball handling. I can bang with people downlow better than some bigger than  me though.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 06:05:58 PM by Sundance_Kid »

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Re: #22
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2012, 06:12:09 PM »
So college basketball is down overall in a year that several top draft prospects returned because of the uncertainty of the NBA season? That's just absolute bullshit.
:adios:

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2012, 06:57:50 PM »
Guess all the tall people are from the city, I didn't play but we had at least 3 people over 6'6" just from my grade.

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2012, 07:35:30 PM »
Guess all the tall people are from the city, I didn't play but we had at least 3 people over 6'6" just from my grade.

So did we, and we were 2A.  I was the smallest on the varsity roster at 5'11.  Wish we could have played some of your guys' midget teams.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2012, 07:39:44 PM »

even if scoring is down it doesn't mean the talent is down.  maybe we are just in a phase of college hoops where a majority of college coaches are stressing defense over offense.  

Pace numbers are crazy in the 60's.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2012, 07:42:20 PM »

Pace numbers are crazy in the 60's.

Yes, this surprised me.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2012, 08:33:37 PM »
pace fell off a cliff, right after the NCAA outlawed the dunk -  why run when you can't  :alleyoop:

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2012, 08:50:23 PM »

Isn't _FAN a HS coach? :eek:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2012, 08:28:12 AM »

So did we, and we were 2A.  I was the smallest on the varsity roster at 5'11.  Wish we could have played some of your guys' midget teams.

If you really did play 2A ball, then you played at least 15 "midget teams" every year.

Offline Kaiser Soze

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2012, 01:26:35 PM »

Name change to mediumwillie20?

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2012, 01:27:18 PM »

I've always thought of myself as short  :dunno:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2012, 01:29:15 PM »

I would have swatted the crap out of you bigwillie, swatted the crap.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2012, 01:30:44 PM »
Fanning is planning a block party with the rest of the swat team.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2012, 01:32:05 PM »
Fanning is planning a block party with the rest of the swat team.
  :thumbs:

Offline Kaiser Soze

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2012, 01:32:59 PM »

Then you're not really 5'11".   :dunno:

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2012, 01:34:24 PM »

Then you're not really 5'11".   :dunno:

:dubious: