Author Topic: #22  (Read 7264 times)

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« on: January 23, 2012, 12:04:15 PM »
with another easy week ahead!  :ksu:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: #22
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 12:05:59 PM »
And #24.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

And destroyed the #2 team.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 12:13:40 PM »
such a weird thing, i feel like we suck so much of the time and we're still ranked.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 12:16:32 PM »
such a weird thing, i feel like we suck so much of the time and we're still ranked.

college basketball is way down this year

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 12:26:32 PM »

college basketball is way down this year like this every year

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 12:27:00 PM »

[/quote

Yeah. Kind of like officiating.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 12:29:42 PM »

Yep. We're still just not used to being a good program. Remember when we were fighting for 10th place in the final weeks of the Wooly years? Ugh.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 12:32:24 PM »

Mizzou isn't the #2 team, with one guy over 6'6 any other year.

Online WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 12:33:37 PM »

Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 12:34:05 PM »

college basketball is way down this year

It's strange to me that people can think the overall talent level of more than 300 teams varies from year to year. It changes very little even on a conference by conference level.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2012, 12:36:28 PM »

They won't be anywhere near #2 at the end of the year, but I see your point.   And I also agree that this is a down year.  LOL at the big 12 having three of the top 6 teams.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2012, 12:39:46 PM »
suck it wisconsin!

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2012, 12:40:36 PM »

Yep. We're still just not used to being a good program. Remember when we were fighting for 10th place in the final weeks of the Wooly years? Ugh.
I would have killed for a 5th place finish with Wooly  :love: extra victory in 5-12 P66 game :love:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2012, 12:40:48 PM »
Its still hard for me to completely believe in Missouri, but outside of being destroyed by K-State (us!) they have been solid and have several good wins. With those wins and an 18-1 record, its hard not to put them at #2 right now. They may not finish there, but they will likely be a Top 10 team even at the end of the year.

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2012, 12:48:41 PM »

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2012, 12:49:49 PM »
MU's victory over Baylor says more about Baylor than MU to me.

The KU game ruined them and reverted them back to Baylor 1.0.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2012, 01:07:01 PM »
Its still hard for me to completely believe in Missouri, but outside of being destroyed by K-State (us!) they have been solid and have several good wins. With those wins and an 18-1 record, its hard not to put them at #2 right now. They may not finish there, but they will likely be a Top 10 team even at the end of the year.
I don't think our conference has as strong of post players in years past.  T-Rob is up there, Jones is pretty good but just doesn't seem aggressive enough.  Thats helping Mizzou immensely this year.  Post matchups will really determine their run in the tourney and should be fun to watch
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 01:26:53 PM by ChiCat »

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2012, 01:12:37 PM »
I don't think our conference has as strong of post players in years past.  T-Rob is up there, Ellis is pretty good but just doesn't seem aggressive enough.  Thats helping Mizzou immensely this year.  Post matchups will really determine their run in the tourney and should be fun to watch

Perry Jones?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2012, 01:14:33 PM »

they shoot like no one has ever shot in the history of college basketball.  shooting is the most important basketball skill.  much more important than being over 6'6".

my apologies to all you under 6'6" retards that told yourselves you'd be good if you were taller.  you'd have been good if you'd had skills.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 01:20:32 PM by sys »
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2012, 01:18:24 PM »

they shoot like no one has ever shot in history of college basketball.  shooting is the most important basketball skill.  much more important than being over 6'6".

my apologies to all you under 6'6" retards that told yourselves you'd be good if you were taller.  you'd have been good if you'd had skills.

You make a valid point, shooting, handling, passing, all vital and can't be underestimated - but I tell you what, I take a 6'8" David Hoskins over a 6'4" David Hoskins any day of the week.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2012, 01:21:35 PM »
I don't think our conference has as strong of post players in years past.  T-Rob is up there, Ellis is pretty good but just doesn't seem aggressive enough.  Thats helping Mizzou immensely this year.  Post matchups will really determine their run in the tourney and should be fun to watch

Perry Jones?

Yea, my bad

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2012, 01:26:19 PM »
I don't think our conference has as strong of post players in years past.  T-Rob is up there, Ellis is pretty good but just doesn't seem aggressive enough.  Thats helping Mizzou immensely this year.  Post matchups will really determine their run in the tourney and should be fun to watch

Perry Jones?

IYea, my bad

:thumbs:

I do agree with you, he has good touch around the rim and can shoot it well out to 18 ft, tremendous athleticism for his size and good BBIQ,  just doesn't appear to be the toughest player in the world.

It seems like every other game, he has a brush with a "season ending injury" only to miraculously recover a few minutes later. Don't get me wrong, I'd take him in a heartbeat but wouldn't necessarily call him the full package just yet.

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2012, 01:29:08 PM »
Keiton Page would be better if he were taller. 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2012, 01:30:27 PM »

they shoot like no one has ever shot in the history of college basketball.  shooting is the most important basketball skill.  much more important than being over 6'6".

This is so true. I'm tall and I still suck, because I don't have a consistent jump shot. Size is just one of the many features a basketball player needs to be successful. Southwell sums this up pretty well.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2012, 01:32:48 PM »
I do agree with you, he has good touch around the rim and can shoot it well out to 18 ft, tremendous athleticism for his size and good BBIQ,  just doesn't appear to be the toughest player in the world.

It seems like every other game, he has a brush with a "season ending injury" only to miraculously recover a few minutes later. Don't get me wrong, I'd take him in a heartbeat but wouldn't necessarily call him the full package just yet.

he's a little reluctant to rebound, but if he played for a more forceful coach, i'm sure that'd be solved.  other than that, he's just a complementary player by nature.  he'll be fantastic in the nba, paired with a couple of ball dominant stars.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."