Author Topic: CALIFORNIA LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 16576 times)

Online HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: CALIFORNIA LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2016, 08:41:08 AM »
You guys seriously aren't understanding that chingon is saying that Thompson won't get a fair shot to play until he's like 22 years old and he's too good to put up with that?

Serious question since I'm too young to remember much from Snyder 1.0: has this scenario EVER happened? Like, has a KSU QB ever in history been unfairly relegated to the bench and then either transfers or goes to the NFL and proves he was a stud all along? This seems like tinfoil hat stuff to me.

Yes, Allan Evridge.

This is probably the closest example I've heard so far (I don't think Bryce Brown is a good one because he already was rejected from another team and as I understand it, he walked away from the program due to personal issues). Was Evridge under Snyder or Prince though?
Evridge: recruited by snyder, left under prince.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2016, 08:55:08 AM »
I am not actually specifically talking about Delton or Thompson not getting fair shots or not.  I am simply saying that I would be surprised if either of them actually played QB (in a significant) capacity at KSU.  Why that would be?  I am not sure, it could be that they aren't Big 12 starting QB material or that our staff can't develop them into starting QB material.

The misses at recruiting a HS QB since Ell have been pretty clear.  We can talk about smart the staff is for not playing bad talent, but they recruited said talent AND couldn't recruit well enough to prevent us from having from having a QB who couldn't start in HS and a WR playing QB splitting time last year.

So sure, lol at Banks, but also lol at this staff as well.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2016, 08:57:03 AM »
In short: we have no reason to think this staff can identify HS QB talent at the Big 12 level.  And until shown otherwise, I will assume they either misidentified talent or cannot develop it at the QB position.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2016, 09:43:07 AM »
I was going to throw Thompson's offers in your face but they aren't great, only great by this staff's normal standard.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2016, 09:47:20 AM »
I don't wanna go down the road that Rivals is lazy and they don't update offers after a QB commits, but I feel like that's the case a lot of the time. Delton and Thompson were pretty early commits. Mrs Wacky's fam (big donors) said Delton had offers from LSU, Auburn, and Mizzou, but it doesn't show. Maybe they stop listing offers or people stop recruiting these guys after their early commits?  :dunno: I do have a strong feeling they don't list all of their offers most of the time.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 09:52:42 AM by WackyCat08 »

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2016, 09:51:15 AM »
I don't wanna go down the road that Rivals is lazy and they don't update offers after a QB commits, but I feel like that's the case a lot of the time. Delton and Thompson were pretty early commits. Mrs Wacky's fam (big donors) said Delton had offers from LSU, Auburn, and Mizzou, but it doesn't show. Maybe they stop listing offers or people stop recruiting these guys after their early commits?  :dunno: I do have a strong feealing they don't list all of their offers most of the time.

They don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2016, 10:06:20 AM »
I don't wanna go down the road that Rivals is lazy and they don't update offers after a QB commits, but I feel like that's the case a lot of the time. Delton and Thompson were pretty early commits. Mrs Wacky's fam (big donors) said Delton had offers from LSU, Auburn, and Mizzou, but it doesn't show. Maybe they stop listing offers or people stop recruiting these guys after their early commits?  :dunno: I do have a strong feeling they don't list all of their offers most of the time.

:lol:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2016, 10:10:27 AM »
Ok, yeah. I know they do, but Rivals doesn't care enough to change it on their website unless they flip or decommit.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 10:54:38 AM by WackyCat08 »

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2016, 10:15:51 AM »
Offers from other schools are great (I would make sure they are to play QB), but then why can't they get on the field?  Why did we need to have a walk-on QB who never started a game in High School and a WR play QB last year?  Either way it comes down to:

1) coaches can't properly evaluate HS QB talent and waste offers on kids who they push out in a couple of years
2) if given a talented kid from high school coaches can't develop them into a Big 12 QB

Maybe we need juco QBs because they can actually get taught the position before they reach KSU and all that is needed is polish and "learning the playbook".

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2016, 10:49:06 AM »
Offers from other schools are great (I would make sure they are to play QB), but then why can't they get on the field?  Why did we need to have a walk-on QB who never started a game in High School and a WR play QB last year?  Either way it comes down to:

1) coaches can't properly evaluate HS QB talent and waste offers on kids who they push out in a couple of years
2) if given a talented kid from high school coaches can't develop them into a Big 12 QB

Maybe we need juco QBs because they can actually get taught the position before they reach KSU and all that is needed is polish and "learning the playbook".
I know CK was and exception to the rule, but they did a nice job of developing him.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2016, 10:50:27 AM »
he was offered by those schools that is correct but it wasnt to play qb

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2016, 10:54:56 AM »
Link?

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2016, 10:59:02 AM »
Link?
dude that was three years ago, i mean google it if you want but he was offered by lsu to play safety for sure

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 07, 2016, 11:00:34 AM »
Just checked out 24/7, he was offered by Nebraska and visited their camp, but nothing on Rivals. That's my point. Even sams other schools showed up on there, even tho it wasn't totally for playing QB. (Miami, OU, etc.)

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2016, 11:03:06 AM »
well rivals has been trash for a very long time im not sure what you are getting at here.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 07, 2016, 11:08:35 AM »
I was going to throw Thompson's offers in your face but they aren't great, only great by this staff's normal standard.
I was just reacting to this kslim. Just noting that rivals doesn't always list all of their offers. but whatever, it doesn't matter.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2016, 11:20:23 AM »
I was just reacting to this kslim. Just noting that rivals doesn't always list all of their offers. but whatever, it doesn't matter.

I think you quoted the wrong post here but for what it's worth  I looked at 24/7 before I saw rivals and rivals has more offers listed for him than 24/7

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2016, 11:25:26 AM »
I feel like it's known,  but also needs said,  recruiting a QB is a crap shoot and not easy to predict.  It looks like UT might have a guy now,  but how long since their last stud?  Lots of primo schools go through droughts of poor QB play. I mean,  yea it really blows for us,  but it usually takes a little luck to have even semi consistent good play at that position.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2016, 11:52:26 AM »
I feel like it's known,  but also needs said,  recruiting a QB is a crap shoot and not easy to predict.  It looks like UT might have a guy now,  but how long since their last stud?  Lots of primo schools go through droughts of poor QB play. I mean,  yea it really blows for us,  but it usually takes a little luck to have even semi consistent good play at that position.
Baylor and Tech must just be real good at "crap shooting" or it could be system. Maybe our offensive approach requires a once in a generation type player at QB and we should scrap this ridiculous offense for something that can be recruited to.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2016, 12:02:25 PM »
Baylor and Tech must just be real good at "crap shooting" or it could be system. Maybe our offensive approach requires a once in a generation type player at QB and we should scrap this ridiculous offense for something that can be recruited to.
combination of both imo. snyder out thinks himself so the playbook (and how the qbs learn it) is a legit thing that people who have come through our system just simply cant grasp. where we eff up over and over again is getting a good athlete and not changing the system to fit their needs. he is a stubborn old man thats really what it comes down to

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2016, 12:08:29 PM »
the legend of our playbook always cracks me up when I see the complete lack of variety or creativity on the field the last couple of years. They did innovate a bit with CK/Sams/Waters though.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 07, 2016, 12:14:54 PM »
the legend of our playbook always cracks me up when I see the complete lack of variety or creativity on the field the last couple of years. They did innovate a bit with CK/Sams/Waters though.
have you not seen it? i mean yes it looks simple on the field but the actual playbook itself is bigger than most nfl teams. it is absurd that he wont play some people based on 900 plays that we will never ever run

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 07, 2016, 12:17:50 PM »
No it's not.

The hard part is knowing when and what to check to and being able to do it before the play clock expires

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 07, 2016, 12:20:30 PM »
have you not seen it? i mean yes it looks simple on the field but the actual playbook itself is bigger than most nfl teams. it is absurd that he wont play some people based on 900 plays that we will never ever run

yeah it cracks me up because we run like six plays over the course of a season and then maybe throw in a reverse when we're down 3 scores.

No it's not.

The hard part is knowing when and what to check to and being able to do it before the play clock expires

Which pretty much involves counting the defense on the left side and then counting the defense on the right side and running to the side with the fewest players.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2016, 12:21:58 PM »
They've got to identify front, stunt/blitz and coverage.