Author Topic: Sun glasses thread  (Read 36720 times)

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sun glasses thread
« Reply #200 on: March 17, 2015, 07:46:40 PM »
Yeah. I don't want to see a Wacky divorce thread. Ever. I also don't want to see a worn down Wackmaster General.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 17, 2015, 07:53:44 PM »
Yeah. I don't want to see a Wacky divorce thread. Ever. I also don't want to see a worn down Wackmaster General.
:kstategrad:

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 17, 2015, 07:56:23 PM »

I stand by my earlier statements.
I haven't retreated. It's up to Wacky to figure out the "crap needs to be worked out" portion.
Lead a Wacky to water, but you can't make him drink. Ya know?

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 17, 2015, 07:57:13 PM »

I stand by my earlier statements.
I haven't retreated. It's up to Wacky to figure out the "crap needs to be worked out" portion.
Lead a Wacky to water, but you can't make him drink. Ya know?

Gonna win 'em all!

Yup.  Very true.  Life is too short to put up with that bullshit.
@mikec2w

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 17, 2015, 08:24:43 PM »
I want to have Beast Mode sunglasses, but I don't like the frame style.

http://www.headbro.com/products/beast-mode-3-0-world-champ-sunglasses

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 17, 2015, 08:26:00 PM »
A 'hawks face tat would be more appealing visually.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 17, 2015, 08:29:49 PM »
@mikec2w

Offline WonderMeal

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 17, 2015, 09:52:00 PM »
I honestly think it would be wise to do a little premarital counseling with someone before tying the knot. Actually I think all couples should do that.

Bigtime agree with Cf3 here. I don't care if it's done through a church or otherwise, but this is really helpful for a lot of people--and after reading this thread, it certainly seems like it would be helpful for my main man Wacky. It's kind of awkward to go through it at first, but the awkwardness is definitely worth it. Things like wage ultimata and the difference in response to sunglassesgate expose some pretty serious communication issues that need to be discussed outside of fights and message boards/text threads.

Anyone in the KC area know of any places/churches/programs Mrs. Wacky and Wacky could go to?

If possible, I would also like to encounter Cf3, dobbs (again!), CNS, and Mocat. Maybe we could have a GoodHusbandsPAK and invite others?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 17, 2015, 10:18:34 PM »
I honestly think it would be wise to do a little premarital counseling with someone before tying the knot. Actually I think all couples should do that.

Bigtime agree with Cf3 here. I don't care if it's done through a church or otherwise, but this is really helpful for a lot of people--and after reading this thread, it certainly seems like it would be helpful for my main man Wacky. It's kind of awkward to go through it at first, but the awkwardness is definitely worth it. Things like wage ultimata and the difference in response to sunglassesgate expose some pretty serious communication issues that need to be discussed outside of fights and message boards/text threads.

Anyone in the KC area know of any places/churches/programs Mrs. Wacky and Wacky could go to?

If possible, I would also like to encounter Cf3, dobbs (again!), CNS, and Mocat. Maybe we could have a GoodHusbandsPAK and invite others?
Not worth it in wacky's case. He's a young guy and isn't more committed than borrowing his girlfriends family storage space.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: March 17, 2015, 10:19:55 PM »
counseling?  how about both (who are in their 30's) just realize that they're different people, that it's probably not a good idea to jam a square peg into a round hole, and that while their dating time was fun, it's time to kick rocks on the idea of a long term relationship

not everyone fits with everyone else.  "counseling"  in your scenario equates to completely gutting one of the two people in the relationship.  who the eff would sign up for that?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 17, 2015, 10:22:27 PM »
counseling?  how about both (who are in their 30's) just realize that they're different people, that it's probably not a good idea to jam a square peg into a round hole, and that while their dating time was fun, it's time to kick rocks on the idea of a long term relationship

not everyone fits with everyone else.  "counseling"  in your scenario equates to completely gutting one of the two people in the relationship.  who the eff would sign up for that?

This is correct.
@mikec2w

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 17, 2015, 10:23:43 PM »
wackycat08, has mswacky been this close to a ring before?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline WonderMeal

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 17, 2015, 10:25:35 PM »

This is correct.

Should have been more clear in my post: Wacky and Mrs. Wacky should go through some pre-marital counseling only if they get engaged and if Wacky still has his heart set on marrying this gal.

Definitely don't think they should square peg/round hole this situation.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 17, 2015, 10:31:44 PM »
wackycat08, has mswacky been this close to a ring before?
No. Was in a 5 year relationship before me, but he didn't want to leave his bartending gig down at the lake of the Ozarks and he stayed down there and they moved on. He also cheated on her and was her younger bros bff (same age as me).
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 11:59:25 PM by WackyCat08 »

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 17, 2015, 10:32:37 PM »
I thought sunglasses was three words
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

The Big Train

« Reply #216 on: March 17, 2015, 10:34:23 PM »
i just want whats best for wacky, regardless of the outcome of all of this

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 17, 2015, 10:36:47 PM »
Thanks, bud! Sounds like everyone does. :thumbs:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 17, 2015, 10:41:13 PM »

This is correct.

Should have been more clear in my post: Wacky and Mrs. Wacky should go through some pre-marital counseling only if they get engaged and if Wacky still has his heart set on marrying this gal.

Definitely don't think they should square peg/round hole this situation.
ya I guess at that point it couldn't hurt,  and I know it's not all bad for wc08 and mrs wc08, we're only hearing one side, etc

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 17, 2015, 10:42:17 PM »
Wacky - i read this thread and then I went and read the 85k ultimatum thread. you've got to have a serious convo with her about what kind of life you see for yourselves. people tend to gloss over the generic vows, but "for richer or for poorer" means that she's marrying YOU, not the lifestyle that she thinks you can provide her.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 17, 2015, 10:51:39 PM »
I want pics of said sunglasses with banana for scale or mustard to show the realz.

Also a screen shot of the ipad would be amazing.  I'd love to see this.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 17, 2015, 10:53:00 PM »
Wacky - i read this thread and then I went and read the 85k ultimatum thread. you've got to have a serious convo with her about what kind of life you see for yourselves. people tend to gloss over the generic vows, but "for richer or for poorer" means that she's marrying YOU, not the lifestyle that she thinks you can provide her.
Thanks, man. Will do. Also, as 'clams was saying too, I'm not innocent either. I do a lot of stupid crap that drives her crazy too (drink too much at times during the week, not cleaning up after myself, etc.). It just seems like I listen to her criticism more and try to understand more than she does at times.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 17, 2015, 10:59:42 PM »
Thanks, man. Will do. Also, as 'clams was saying too, I'm not innocent either. I do a lot of stupid crap that drives her crazy too (drink too much at times during the week, not cleaning up after myself, etc.). It just seems like I listen to her criticism more and try to understand more than she does at times.

Those two issues seem like reasonable things a couple can work through if they really like each other. The salary ultimatum and trying to make you feel like an irresponsible piece of crap because you lost a pair of sunglasses (just because you got her the wrong size) don't seem like reconcilable issues.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 17, 2015, 11:00:38 PM »
Touche

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 17, 2015, 11:31:25 PM »
Wait, her ex was a bisexual who previously dated her younger brother and then cheated on her? That's some Dr. Phil stuff.