Author Topic: Police Hate (love?) Super Thread  (Read 8261 times)

The42Yardstick

Re: :opcat: at its finest
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2010, 08:08:57 PM »
Walked by a house on Laramie this morning that had beer bottles/cans spewed everywhere though, so some ppl are still living the dream :kstatriot:

Offline SpeB

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • K-Statriots
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2010, 08:34:55 PM »
Yup, Laramie is a hot spot, they have bike cops riding around the block every night...they see a party, walk up, say they heard them from multiple blocks away, which usually is a blatent lie, and if 21+ year olds surrond them they're told to break it up, else they hand out an MIP or two...trying to set an example I guess. Rough times currently, lots of ridiculous abuse of power, but we're stepping up to the plate now.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2010, 08:48:03 PM »
Yup, Laramie is a hot spot, they have bike cops riding around the block every night...they see a party, walk up, say they heard them from multiple blocks away, which usually is a blatent lie, and if 21+ year olds surrond them they're told to break it up, else they hand out an MIP or two...trying to set an example I guess. Rough times currently, lots of ridiculous abuse of power, but we're stepping up to the plate now.

Sound track for a revolution:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PaoLy7PHwk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro08bILEvqc

maybe we should start a "Thoughts and prayers for k-state underage students" thread
I'm purple down

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2010, 08:48:39 PM »
guess i need to mosey by way down to laramie....only few blocks away.  :users:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline theswo

• Combo-Fan
  • Keep shooting, Gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2010, 09:01:22 PM »
That's right guys, keep partying on larmie. keeps the cops away from my house :gocho:

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2010, 09:14:44 PM »
 :facepalm:

JFC. Sounds like some administrator is trying to justify his job.

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: And the Aggieville creepster of the year goes to.......
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2010, 09:17:39 PM »
i've never loved me some powerespect, like i'm loving powerespect today.  someone sneak in a suggestion to kill all the cops and see if it takes.

Don't lump all cops together, snake boy.    :curse:

The42Yardstick

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2010, 09:19:34 PM »
i've never loved me some powerespect, like i'm loving powerespect today.  someone sneak in a suggestion to kill all the cops and see if it takes.

TBL, how do you get out of filling quotas? :cry:

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
  • Future Shooter Jones W.C.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2010, 09:22:55 PM »
:woot:

I really hope that story is true, Trim.

Yeah.  Nobody believed it very long though.

I can't figure out what happened... What'd I miss?

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2010, 09:23:49 PM »

TBL, how do you get out of filling quotas? :cry:

Who needs quotas? There's enough idiots to go around.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2010, 10:37:01 PM »
i've never really been big on the "eff the police" bandwagon, but i'm getting closer and closer lately.

had a cop hop the fence behind our house, check our id's (there were like three of us dudes on our back patio and they had broken up the house next to us) and told us it was too loud and we needed to keep it down. eff that. we had music on, it wasn't that loud, and there was maybe 15 people in the house. it was a friday night. get the eff out of my face, RCPD. no doubt would've given us mip's if we weren't 21.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Didn't realize Storm was such a jackbooted Nazi . . .
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2010, 12:52:30 AM »
next thing we'll know is that he works for DHS in a DHS Fusion Center.

pkat12

Almost on scholarship
Post #477
Central Kansas
MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
RCPD problem, solutions   Reply
As have been reported on the other thread including all of the problems which many have had first-hand experience of, there needs to be something done. I could post you a five page description of all of the problems that I have experienced and many, many other stories I have heard about. They are out of control. Period. It is very frustrating to hear about all of the problems everyone has experienced, knowing what I've had happen to me, and others around me. There has to be something done. Immediately.

I have two friends who have basically had nothing done to them. They have been to one tailgate (last weekend). We sat and watched along with many others a group of guys that had their pickup toolbox acting as a cooler filled with beer. There were 4 cases of beer in it on ice, as well as 3 handles of vodka. They had it all confiscated and said they were ticketed. Don't know the cost. My friends which graduated with me from K-State, are no longer going to come to games. They are passionate fans and love K-State football. They try to come to 3-4 games a year. I realize most of you will say this is not a big loss. They are on a limited budget and hope(d) to be able to afford season tickets in the next couple years. They aren't coming anymore because they say they cannot afford to come and receive a ticket for drinking. How many other people are out there that this is the case?

There were 3 run in's in the past 3 months with the RCPD that didn't involve anything at a football game. In each case, I had friends that were handcuffed and had done nothing, and had not had one drop of alcohol. I'm more than infuriated. The treatment that each of them received was nothing less than awful. There could be a sexual harassment charge brought to one of the officers in one case, but that's a whole different story.

What I am asking of everyone is what can we do as a collective group?? Who on here has knowledge of what can be done legally? I noticed on the other thread of a "grand jury" petition that can be signed and submitted. What else? What are all of the rules, regulations, laws, etc. that can be posted around the tailgates so that everyone is aware of their "rights" when these pieces of trash are coming around and chasing people away?? There is already a rumor floating around to people in the KC area to stay away from K-State games b/c of this problem. It is serious. You're fooling yourself if you think otherwise. Action needs to be taken now, not later. I, for one, am MORE than willing to step up and offer my time and effort to do something after what I've heard from everyone including Fitz and DScott. Any/All ideas?

Posted on 9/13 11:35 PM | IP: Logged

aggiecat

Almost on scholarship
Post #753
MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
Re: RCPD problem, solutions   Reply
E-mail John Curry. I believe KU has it legal to consume in their "parking lot".

Posted on 9/14 12:18 AM | IP: Logged

pkat12

Almost on scholarship
Post #478
Central Kansas
MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
I have already done that. However, John Currie and K-State aren't above the law. They cannot tell the police officers what to do/not to do. I think the police have done enough chasing off of potential season ticket holders and we have some people which I believe are willing to do something to stop that.

Posted on 9/14 12:21 AM | IP: Logged

jaa1025

Post #450
MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
Stop breaking the laws then the Police leave you alone...pretty amazing how that works.

Posted on 9/14 12:24 AM | IP: Logged

pkat12

Almost on scholarship
Post #479
Central Kansas
MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
jaa1025, if people were being left alone when there wasn't any laws being broken, I wouldn't have this gripe. That's not AT ALL the case. The RCPD are harassing people when not breaking the law, handcuffing them, arresting them, etc.

Posted on 9/14 12:30 AM | IP: Logged

Powercat46

Rivals.com College Football
Post #2294
Manhattan

MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
While I have never had a problem with the cops at the games or in general (thank the good Lord!) I think it's a bit of a stretch to "go after" the cops for enforcing the law.

Now please understand, I'm not defending anything that the cops are doing, and I know that it seems like there's a whole bunch of selective enforcement going on. But the bottom line is this; When people get busted, are they breaking the law?

The problem isn't the cops (although many of their actions are a part of the over-all problem) The main problem is the law. Change the law, then we don't have anything to worry about.

Write your local elected official and see if they could introduce an amendment to the no-alcohol on state property law. If the local elected officials see that 20,000+ people suddenly write them or call them all concerned with the same issue, something will damn sure happen.

That is the solution.

Posted on 9/14 12:32 AM | IP: Logged

CarolinaKSU

Almost on scholarship
Post #258
Manhattan, KS and Winston Salem, NC
MyFanPage
Add Buddy   

Originally posted by jaa1025:
    Stop breaking the laws then the Police leave you alone...pretty amazing how that works.

1 Star.

Just because its been made a rule doesn't make it a just law. There is nothing wrong with adults of legal age responsibly enjoying a beer in the parking lot of a sporting event. You probably think Prohibition was a good idea in the 20's too huh?

This post was edited on 9/14 12:36 AM by CarolinaKSU

Posted on 9/14 12:33 AM | IP: Logged

pkat12

Almost on scholarship
Post #480
Central Kansas
MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
I guess I may have confused people to what I'm saying. I'm not saying we need to have a revolt against the RCPD. There needs to be responsible discretion taken with these "people" with badges. If there aren't larger fish to fry than making responsible adults pour out drinks at a football game tailgate, then we have WAY too many officers on that force.

Posted on 9/14 12:37 AM | IP: Logged

stormnut

New walk-on to the team
Manhattan, KS

MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
Bring beer on State property IS breaking the law, so is spitting on the sidewalk, it is enforced by the discretion of the officer. Not saying all officers are perfect people and do no wrong and I know their are some real scumbags. Their is proper channels to go down. Internal Affairs is in place to deal with situations you are describing if these people are being arrested and harassed as you say. Go through that route and if you think nothing is being done to your satisfaction the KBI has a whole division to investigate issues with other Kansas police forces. Just stop bashing the entire RCPD, I have family members past and present that are hard working individuals that do what they do, not to stop people from having fun at games just to be dicks but to protect and serve the public.

Posted on 9/14 12:38 AM | IP: Logged

Boyds Oil Can

A solid starter
Post #5293

MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
Well if someone is going to address the issue, you better have a united issue. I see a group of people wanting something done about seemingly systematic harassment, and another group wanting to drink in the parking lot. IMHO, people wanting to drink should focus elsewhere, I think you will dilute the larger point that some are trying to make. I want to be able to piss in piss alley without fear of prosecution, can we make the cops stop ticketing for that too?

kcatty.com

A solid starter
Post #4192
MyFanPage
Add Buddy   

The police are breaking the law by conducting repeated searches that they should know are unconstitutional.

Chiefsfan42

On the depth chart
Post #2108
MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
This is about way more than just tailgates....RCPD abuse their powers on a regular basis and they are held accountable by no one.

Posted on 9/14 12:43 AM | IP: Logged

stormnut

GoPowercat Ring of Fame member
Post #13052
Manhattan, KS

MyFanPage
Add Buddy   

Originally posted by pkat12:
    I guess I may have confused people to what I'm saying. I'm not saying we need to have a revolt against the RCPD. There needs to be responsible discretion taken with these "people" with badges. If there aren't larger fish to fry than making responsible adults pour out drinks at a football game tailgate, then we have WAY too many officers on that force.

So which laws should be enforced? I guess you just confused me more. So are you saying that police should only go after the "major" crimes and let the speeders drive as fast as they want, let people drink as much beer as they want anywhere they want? I am really having a tough time understanding what point you are getting at right now.

Powercat46

Post #2295
Manhattan

MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
Boyds-

I've found that a catheter is the only way to go. Football games, basketball games, power drinking in a bar, passed out for 2 straight days, etc. It doesn't matter.

I do agree with the 2 different arguments being talked about here though. I guess the one that I saw more involved drinking in the parking lot. A lot of the systematic harassment would stop for a whole lot of people, because the only time they are in town is for a game.

I've never heard of selective enforcement of any other laws, but I'm sure that if/when it does happen, it's usually pretty few and far between. Now, Director Shoen saying the things he did to the Aggieville Business Association is absolutely ridiculous. That needs to be looked into.

Posted on 9/14 12:47 AM | IP: Logged

stormnut

Post #13053
Manhattan, KS

MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
Yes their are bad apple but the entire RCPD is not bad. If the problems were as bad as you people are making it out to be then RCPD would not have just got there accreditation renewed. If you have problems, stop bitching on a message board and report them. Their is a process that RCPD and KBI take very seriously and yet their are no issues? So is the KBI in bed with RCPD?

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Didn't realize Storm was such a jackbooted Nazi . . .
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2010, 12:57:21 AM »
next thing we'll know is that he works for DHS in a DHS Fusion Center.

pkat12

Almost on scholarship
Post #477
Central Kansas
MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
RCPD problem, solutions   Reply
As have been reported on the other thread including all of the problems which many have had first-hand experience of, there needs to be something done. I could post you a five page description of all of the problems that I have experienced and many, many other stories I have heard about. They are out of control. Period. It is very frustrating to hear about all of the problems everyone has experienced, knowing what I've had happen to me, and others around me. There has to be something done. Immediately.

I have two friends who have basically had nothing done to them. They have been to one tailgate (last weekend). We sat and watched along with many others a group of guys that had their pickup toolbox acting as a cooler filled with beer. There were 4 cases of beer in it on ice, as well as 3 handles of vodka. They had it all confiscated and said they were ticketed. Don't know the cost. My friends which graduated with me from K-State, are no longer going to come to games. They are passionate fans and love K-State football. They try to come to 3-4 games a year. I realize most of you will say this is not a big loss. They are on a limited budget and hope(d) to be able to afford season tickets in the next couple years. They aren't coming anymore because they say they cannot afford to come and receive a ticket for drinking. How many other people are out there that this is the case?

There were 3 run in's in the past 3 months with the RCPD that didn't involve anything at a football game. In each case, I had friends that were handcuffed and had done nothing, and had not had one drop of alcohol. I'm more than infuriated. The treatment that each of them received was nothing less than awful. There could be a sexual harassment charge brought to one of the officers in one case, but that's a whole different story.

What I am asking of everyone is what can we do as a collective group?? Who on here has knowledge of what can be done legally? I noticed on the other thread of a "grand jury" petition that can be signed and submitted. What else? What are all of the rules, regulations, laws, etc. that can be posted around the tailgates so that everyone is aware of their "rights" when these pieces of trash are coming around and chasing people away?? There is already a rumor floating around to people in the KC area to stay away from K-State games b/c of this problem. It is serious. You're fooling yourself if you think otherwise. Action needs to be taken now, not later. I, for one, am MORE than willing to step up and offer my time and effort to do something after what I've heard from everyone including Fitz and DScott. Any/All ideas?

Posted on 9/13 11:35 PM | IP: Logged

aggiecat

Almost on scholarship
Post #753
MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
E-mail John Curry. I believe KU has it legal to consume in their "parking lot".

Posted on 9/14 12:18 AM | IP: Logged

pkat12

Almost on scholarship
Post #478
Central Kansas
MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
I have already done that. However, John Currie and K-State aren't above the law. They cannot tell the police officers what to do/not to do. I think the police have done enough chasing off of potential season ticket holders and we have some people which I believe are willing to do something to stop that.

Posted on 9/14 12:21 AM | IP: Logged

jaa1025

Post #450
MyFanPage
Add Buddy   

Posted on 9/14 12:24 AM | IP: Logged

pkat12

Almost on scholarship
Post #479
Central Kansas
MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
jaa1025, if people were being left alone when there wasn't any laws being broken, I wouldn't have this gripe. That's not AT ALL the case. The RCPD are harassing people when not breaking the law, handcuffing them, arresting them, etc.

Posted on 9/14 12:30 AM | IP: Logged

Powercat46

Post #2294
Manhattan

MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
While I have never had a problem with the cops at the games or in general (thank the good Lord!) I think it's a bit of a stretch to "go after" the cops for enforcing the law.

Now please understand, I'm not defending anything that the cops are doing, and I know that it seems like there's a whole bunch of selective enforcement going on. But the bottom line is this; When people get busted, are they breaking the law?

The problem isn't the cops (although many of their actions are a part of the over-all problem) The main problem is the law. Change the law, then we don't have anything to worry about.

Write your local elected official and see if they could introduce an amendment to the no-alcohol on state property law. If the local elected officials see that 20,000+ people suddenly write them or call them all concerned with the same issue, something will damn sure happen.

That is the solution.

Posted on 9/14 12:32 AM | IP: Logged

CarolinaKSU

Almost on scholarship
Post #258
Manhattan, KS and Winston Salem, NC
MyFanPage
Add Buddy   

1 Star.

Just because its been made a rule doesn't make it a just law. There is nothing wrong with adults of legal age responsibly enjoying a beer in the parking lot of a sporting event. You probably think Prohibition was a good idea in the 20's too huh?

This post was edited on 9/14 12:36 AM by CarolinaKSU

Posted on 9/14 12:33 AM | IP: Logged

pkat12

Almost on scholarship
Post #480
Central Kansas
MyFanPage
Add Buddy   

Posted on 9/14 12:37 AM | IP: Logged

stormnut

New walk-on to the team
Manhattan, KS

MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
Bring beer on State property IS breaking the law, so is spitting on the sidewalk, it is enforced by the discretion of the officer. Not saying all officers are perfect people and do no wrong and I know their are some real scumbags. Their is proper channels to go down. Internal Affairs is in place to deal with situations you are describing if these people are being arrested and harassed as you say. Go through that route and if you think nothing is being done to your satisfaction the KBI has a whole division to investigate issues with other Kansas police forces. Just stop bashing the entire RCPD, I have family members past and present that are hard working individuals that do what they do, not to stop people from having fun at games just to be dicks but to protect and serve the public.

Boyds Oil Can

A solid starter
Post #5293

MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
Well if someone is going to address the issue, you better have a united issue. I see a group of people wanting something done about seemingly systematic harassment, and another group wanting to drink in the parking lot. IMHO, people wanting to drink should focus elsewhere, I think you will dilute the larger point that some are trying to make. I want to be able to piss in piss alley without fear of prosecution, can we make the cops stop ticketing for that too?

kcatty.com

A solid starter
Post #4192
MyFanPage
Add Buddy   

The police are breaking the law by conducting repeated searches that they should know are unconstitutional.

Chiefsfan42

On the depth chart
Post #2108
MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
This is about way more than just tailgates....RCPD abuse their powers on a regular basis and they are held accountable by no one.

stormnut

Post #13052
Manhattan, KS

MyFanPage
Add Buddy   

Originally posted by pkat12:

So which laws should be enforced? I guess you just confused me more. So are you saying that police should only go after the "major" crimes and let the speeders drive as fast as they want, let people drink as much beer as they want anywhere they want? I am really having a tough time understanding what point you are getting at right now.

Powercat46

Post #2295
Manhattan

MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
Boyds-

I've found that a catheter is the only way to go. Football games, basketball games, power drinking in a bar, passed out for 2 straight days, etc. It doesn't matter.

I do agree with the 2 different arguments being talked about here though. I guess the one that I saw more involved drinking in the parking lot. A lot of the systematic harassment would stop for a whole lot of people, because the only time they are in town is for a game.

I've never heard of selective enforcement of any other laws, but I'm sure that if/when it does happen, it's usually pretty few and far between. Now, Director Shoen saying the things he did to the Aggieville Business Association is absolutely ridiculous. That needs to be looked into.

Posted on 9/14 12:47 AM | IP: Logged

stormnut

Post #13053
Manhattan, KS

MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
Yes their are bad apple but the entire RCPD is not bad. If the problems were as bad as you people are making it out to be then RCPD would not have just got there accreditation renewed. If you have problems, stop bitching on a message board and report them. Their is a process that RCPD and KBI take very seriously and yet their are no issues? So is the KBI in bed with RCPD?

You know you have a small penis Dax. eff you
RIP Fatty

The42Yardstick

« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2010, 01:07:52 AM »
warm up your poster intimidations, motherfuckers!

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2010, 01:11:35 AM »
warm up your poster intimidations, motherfrackers!

Called my Cuz up (he's a cop) and he is on the way to Dax's house to harass the cum out of him.
RIP Fatty

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2010, 01:17:18 AM »
When it comes to small penis, I'd say you're describing the perpetual case of the red ass that is the RCPD.

The42Yardstick

« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2010, 01:19:12 AM »
You know why I can't sleep at night? It's because of your cousin's police lights flashing through my window and his LOUD-ASS SIREN heard from goddamned Salina being wailed at 4 in the morning while he's busting harmless college students enjoying a malt beverage. Get a better family, stormnut.

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2010, 01:21:24 AM »
When it comes to small penis, I'd say you're describing the perpetual case of the red ass that is the RCPD.

So what did RCPD do to you, catch you breaking the law. eff them for doing their jobs. mommy
RIP Fatty

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2010, 01:22:27 AM »
You know why I can't sleep at night? It's because of your cousin's police lights flashing through my window and his LOUD-ASS SIREN heard from goddamned Salina being wailed at 4 in the morning while he's busting harmless college students enjoying a malt beverage. Get a better family, stormnut.

Those students will be glad he is doing it.
RIP Fatty

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2010, 01:24:31 AM »
Never had anything more than a speeding ticket my entire life.

Just one law abiding citizen calling jackboots, jackboots.

It takes real men to walk up onstage and arrest a performer at a Frat Party.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2010, 01:27:04 AM »
is your cousin the bike cop who shaves every hair on his body? please pm me his address if so.

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2010, 01:32:03 AM »
Never had anything more than a speeding ticket my entire life.

Just one law abiding citizen calling jackboots, jackboots.

It takes real men to walk up onstage and arrest a performer at a Frat Party.

If you read my posts instead of being your usual DAXASS you would have noted that I believe that is a facked up case and would like to know the whole story before passing judgment on it but right now that sound eff up.
RIP Fatty

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2010, 01:33:34 AM »
Yeah, you did some back peddling there after the first 20 goose steps, I'll give you that.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2010, 01:41:30 AM »
if anyone needs help killing stormtroopercat & his family, drop me a pm.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2010, 01:44:15 AM »
Yeah, you did some back peddling there after the first 20 goose steps, I'll give you that.

I not trying to back peddle I am just tired of people labeling the entire RCPD corrupt jackasses. They are not all bad but they do need to get some of the bad ones out. I get a feeling that things are begining to come to a head this year. Also why does everyone rail on RCPD when its the Campus PD that is full of eff up assholes. Seriously those are a true nazies (not all of them just most of them). :opcat:
RIP Fatty