Author Topic: Police Hate (love?) Super Thread  (Read 8262 times)

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
Police Hate (love?) Super Thread
« on: September 12, 2010, 07:12:24 PM »

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 07:38:23 AM by steve dave »

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
Re: :opcat: at its finest
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 07:19:39 PM »
sounds like a big collection of douchebags

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 07:20:45 PM »
Politics aside, I like that guy's beer.

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile

Offline RonLongshaft

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 08:13:01 PM »
Video has been removed by user

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 08:21:25 PM »
heard about this, also heard the par-tay next door got shut down at 10:30 woohoo manhattan!
I'm purple down

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 01:02:31 AM »
heard about this, also heard the par-tay next door got shut down at 10:30 woohoo manhattan!

Lots of parties are being broken up this year. I heard they hired extra staff to shut them down.

Offline theswo

• Combo-Fan
  • Keep shooting, Gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 01:08:21 AM »
Not sure about extra patrols or anything, but RCPD received a grant in the past year or so to crack down on underage drinking. Haven't really heard about many mip's being written, but I do know that a lot more parties than usual are getting broken up than normal this time of year.

The42Yardstick

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 01:18:16 AM »
Not sure about extra patrols or anything, but RCPD received a grant in the past year or so to crack down on underage drinking. Haven't really heard about many mip's being written, but I do know that a lot more parties than usual are getting broken up than normal this time of year.

Yes, but RCPD has been steadfastly denying that they're focusing on breaking up parties

(note:  :jerk: )

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
Re: And the Aggieville creepster of the year goes to.......
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010, 02:40:38 PM »
Take notes, fellas.

FITZ

ADMIN
Post #11612
Manhattan, Kan.
MyFanPage
Add Buddy Re: K-State needs to get a grip on the RCPD tailgate crew Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Try living in this town right now. I am on the Aggieville Business Association Board and RCPD Director Brad Gruntley told us if we didn't comply with his wishes, he could "make it so uncomfortable no one will ever want to come" to Aggieville. The discussion was on Fake Patty's Day, over which the board has no authority because many of the bars are not members of our organization. Gruntley admitted that the businesses are operating within the law and there were few if any incidents within bars, but he still wants the event shut down and basically threatened the livelihood of local business people if they didn't comply.

Needless to say, I fired back and reminded him that 1) he works for us, not the other way around, and 2) the police don't get to make up laws, they get to enforce them.

My issue are things such as RCPD telling bars they can't sell bottles on game weekends and even lying that there was an ordinance. There isn't. There are also plenty of stories of traffic stops under blatantly false pretenses and entering premises without a warrant on false pretenses. (My favorite is an Aggieville bar employee moved her car from a street spot to a lot spot, going less than half a block, and a cop rolled up and checked her for DUI because they had received a call about her erratic driving. Now that's response time!)

I also returned from a speaking engagement in McPherson on Wednesday, Aug. 25 and a buddy and I noted that despite 3/4s of the parking spots being open in the Ville, there were cops everywhere. We asked a cop in Aggieville what was up and he said the Director "heard there was a battalion shipping out to Afghanistan the next day and wanted to give them goodbye presents." He said there were 17, yes 17, officers on duty that night.

And all of this with the backdrop of the Director loudly bitching that his budget INCREASE wasn't enough and he needs more staff.

Just a reminder that if something is closed and contents are not in view, the police do not have the right to open it without a warrant. As a libertarian, I am horrified at some of the things going on in this community right now.

Posted on 9/13 2:23 PM | IP: Logged

Hutchtrash

New walk-on to the team
Post #26
MyFanPage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Amen Father Fitz

Posted on 9/13 2:33 PM | IP: Logged

FITZ

ADMIN
Post #11615
Manhattan, Kan.
MyFanPage

One more thing that really angers people in Manhattan. Off duty cops are infamous for driving after drinking. One night a buddy of mine was drinking with off duty cops who were getting pretty drunk. When he left, one of them called an on-duty officer who popped him with a DUI. The off duty cops all drove home hammered. I now will not drive home from Aggieville after one beer. Under advice of attorney, I have been told that when asked if I have been drinking, the answer is always no. Well, I'd like that to be an honest answer.

Thank goodness for the couch in my office and a wife who agrees with this philosophy.

I know, you say, get a cab. Well, one of my employees was told by a cop to quit loitering one night as he stood in front of our business and waited for a cab. As the cop continued to tell him he couldn't stand on a public sidewalk, the cab rolled up and he got in and left.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 02:44:21 PM »
I actually agree with Fitz on all that  :party:

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2010, 03:07:58 PM »

Ditto.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2010, 03:14:34 PM »

Yeah, maybe all of that should be moved to a "Fitz talks crap about the Aggieville swine" thread.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2010, 03:29:09 PM »
Under advice of attorney, I have been told that when asked if I have been drinking, the answer is always no.

Sounds like he has a great attorney/client relationship, FWIW.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2010, 03:45:23 PM »
Aggieville cops should try to stop the aggieville sexual predators, not stupid drinking-related stuff.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2010, 03:47:29 PM »
Aggieville cops should try to stop the aggieville sexual predators, not stupid drinking-related stuff.

maybe they're using the drinking stuff as an excuse to try and stop the predators?  :dunno:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2010, 05:40:12 PM »
i've never loved me some powerespect, like i'm loving powerespect today.  someone sneak in a suggestion to kill all the cops and see if it takes.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2010, 06:51:32 PM »
They are really cracking down on the greek community because "they have become a threat".

:facepalm:

Offline theswo

• Combo-Fan
  • Keep shooting, Gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2010, 06:54:05 PM »
They are really cracking down on the greek community because "they have become a threat".

All they've been doing is breaking up parties though right? Not hearing anything about any tickets being written ...

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2010, 07:49:51 PM »

All they've been doing is breaking up parties though right? Not hearing anything about any tickets being written ...

heard that the first week of school, 40-ish (may be exaggerated) kids were written up for mip's at the "beta barn", then heard all the people that live at a lambda chi out of house on laramie got contributing to minor, FELONIES and $1000 tickets, don't know if it's even possible to get a felony for contributing to a minor (somebody call BSAC), but at this point it's all second or third hand
I'm purple down

Offline SpeB

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • K-Statriots
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2010, 07:52:20 PM »

I'm in a fraternity and this is getting completely ridiculous, any party they see gets broken up, and yes there is a definite focus on the greek houses which they make nightly rounds at.

To run you through our years events so far, all was well until girls finished sorority recruitment, that night I attend two different fraternity parties both of which got broken up at about midnight. On to Sunday, I attended a smaller gathering due to class starting the next day which also got broken up this time just after midnight. On next to Wednesday night of that week in which the party was broken up yet again, this time before 11:30.

Then Thursday night happened, I really don't want to get into details, but 20+ MIPs were handed out at the party (most are looking to be thrown out currently), also a hosting ticket and 3 were taken to jail for BS "obstruction of justice." There were multiple other parties that weekend that I know of that had MIPs handed out, though not to the same extent. Following this we have done very little on the weekends and are trying to lay low for awhile, meanwhile some "wet" houses have temporarily become "dry" as to avoid more hosting and MIP tickets.

Coming to this weekend, I was at that concert (call me a douchebag if that satisfies your inner needs) and the cops went on a power trip, knowing that the concert had a noise permit til 10:45 they decided since they had gotten 2 calls about the noise that they could revoke the permit...this was told to the performer on stage therefore causing him to say "F*** the police" which sprung the cops into action, rushing up on to stage and pulling off the performer and the rest of his crew and booking him on "inciting a riot."

The only silver-lining so far is they don't seem to be doing it at the football games.

I have no idea what threat fraternity guys here are...probably should go to KU where "they rapin' everybody out there"!

EDIT: This is all first-hand knowledge...and this is hilarious: http://twitter.com/RealRCPD
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 07:56:02 PM by SpeB »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2010, 07:55:08 PM »

I'm in a fraternity and this is getting completely ridiculous, any party they see gets broken up, and yes there is a definite focus on the greek houses which they make nightly rounds at.

To run you through our years events so far, all was well until girls finished sorority recruitment, that night I attend two different fraternity parties both of which got broken up at about midnight. On to Sunday, I attended a smaller gathering due to class starting the next day which also got broken up this time just after midnight. On next to Wednesday night of that week in which the party was broken up yet again, this time before 11:30.

Then Thursday night happened, I really don't want to get into details, but 20+ MIPs were handed out at the party (most are looking to be thrown out currently), also a hosting ticket and 3 were taken to jail for BS "obstruction of justice." There were multiple other parties that weekend that I know of that had MIPs handed out, though not to the same extent. Following this we have done very little on the weekends and are trying to lay low for awhile, meanwhile some "wet" houses have temporarily become "dry" as to avoid more hosting and MIP tickets.

Coming to this weekend, I was at that concert (call me a douchebag if that satisfies your inner needs) and the cops went on a power trip, knowing that the concert had a noise permit til 10:45 they decided since they had gotten 2 calls about the noise that they could revoke the permit...this was told to the performer on stage therefore causing him to say "F*** the police" which sprung the cops into action, rushing up on to stage and pulling off the performer and the rest of his crew and booking him on "inciting a riot."

The only silver-lining so far is they don't seem to be doing it at the football games.

I have no idea what threat fraternity guys here are...probably should go to KU where "they rapin' everybody out there"!

Are you the guy that gave us all the free t-shirts at the game?

Offline SpeB

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • K-Statriots
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2010, 07:57:21 PM »

Are you the guy that gave us all the free t-shirts at the game?

:peek:   :kstatriot:

The42Yardstick

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2010, 07:59:21 PM »
 :surprised:  Thank you, "fan of the site"

FWIW, I've seen a LOT of cops on Laramie at night* ever since I got here. I've seen more than one house party get busted as well...

*compared with the times that i've visited before i came to EMAW U
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 08:04:29 PM by The42Yardstick »

Offline kazzu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2010, 08:01:31 PM »

More like 11....but still  :facepalm:

We got a noise violation because a cop said he could hear us three blocks away when we had absolutely no music playing.  :blank:

42, agreed on the cops being on Laramie more than ever. There's around 4 or 5 out of houses in the area and 4 fraternities.