Author Topic: Lawn dudes plz help  (Read 839 times)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Lawn dudes plz help
« on: July 06, 2018, 03:26:21 PM »
Note: Mods plz dont move to the main lawn thread for a bit. I'm looking for answers here.

I'm at a crossroads w/ what to do next w/ my lawn, after a few months of trying to restore it. Here is the rough plan.

Fall 18 - Overseed
Spring 19 - Pre-emergent Crabgrass preventer
Fall 19 - Overseed

I was too late to apply pre-emergent crabgrass preventer this spring, so I just overseeded and fertilized the new grass and old grass with Scott's Lawn food rather than starter fertilizer. That was April 5.

I could put some fertilizer on now, but then I wouldnt be able to fertilize the overseed this fall.

What should I do?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Lawn dudes plz help
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 03:33:30 PM »
I would wait to fertilize in the Fall anyway.  Fertilizing Fescue in the summer is hard on it.  But if you want to put a light fertilizer down I would suggest milorginite.  You could still fertilize in the fall with a starter fert then in November with a winterizer (high N) To really help with spring green up.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 09:25:28 PM »
That’s what I’ll prob do. Thanks
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 11:02:05 PM »
Call me and give me the deets about your yard.  Depending on the size, we could probably rip the whole thing up and seed it over a weekend.
@mikec2w

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2018, 11:22:32 PM »
From where things stood when I last saw you on line to board your flight, this is all so confusing.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2018, 12:21:12 AM »
From where things stood when I last saw you on line to board your flight, this is all so confusing.

Not moving.

@XocolateThundarr I’m leaning toward just overseeding the front/side yard. But will prob have to start from scratch in the back.