Author Topic: Dark  (Read 3143 times)

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Dark
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2018, 11:02:56 AM »
Mrs. Gooch, have you finished the series yet?

Yes, that is why I have all these questions. They did not get answered.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2018, 11:06:40 AM »
this link Joker posted a while back has some good discussion about the unanswered questions

http://www.thisisinsider.com/dark-unanswered-questions-netflix-2017-12

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2018, 11:15:47 AM »
Yeah, I would check out this article.  It explains a lot and proposes some good theories.  http://www.thisisinsider.com/dark-season-finale-analysis-2017-12

Also, the Netflix site does a good job of summarizing characters and their relationships.  https://dark.netflix.io/

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2018, 12:52:02 PM »
Why did older-Jonas write "When is Mikkel?" He already knew because his younger-self had followed Mikkel to 1986 and saw him there.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2018, 12:55:17 PM »
Why did older-Jonas write "When is Mikkel?" He already knew because his younger-self had followed Mikkel to 1986 and saw him there.

might be leaving clues for someone. It's kind of weird to go to all that work in a hotel room.

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2018, 01:00:55 PM »
Maybe Regina needs to see it?

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2018, 01:02:20 PM »
How is Aleksander's last name Tiedemann? Did he take his wife's last name? Is that common in Germany?

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2018, 01:03:20 PM »

might be leaving clues for someone. It's kind of weird to go to all that work in a hotel room.

Well he doesn't have anywhere else to do it.

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2018, 01:53:37 PM »
How is Aleksander's last name Tiedemann? Did he take his wife's last name? Is that common in Germany?

That's not his real name.  He was running from something/someone in his past so I assume he took the name to cover things up.

Aleksander Tiedemann is not who he claims to be. When he came to Winden, 33 years ago, he buried his true identity in a platic bag in the forest: A passport in the name of Boris Niewald.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2018, 01:58:18 PM »
I think I need to read the books for a clearer picture
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2018, 02:03:01 PM »

That's not his real name.  He was running from something/someone in his past so I assume he took the name to cover things up.

Aleksander Tiedemann is not who he claims to be. When he came to Winden, 33 years ago, he buried his true identity in a platic bag in the forest: A passport in the name of Boris Niewald.

Yeah, I understand that is not his real name but you don't just go into a town and meet a girl and then take her last name. That would be weird.
The name on his fake passport is Aleksander Kohler.

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2018, 02:09:24 PM »

Yeah, I understand that is not his real name but you don't just go into a town and meet a girl and then take her last name. That would be weird.
The name on his fake passport is Aleksander Kohler.

I agree, it's a good catch and it does seem kind of odd.  However, he started working for Claudia so maybe she took him in and pushed the name change.

Aleksander has another secret. Claudia Tiedemann, his future mother-in-law, hired him for a secret task when he was young and homeless. He welded the door to the cave shut — the door that Ulrich found when he went looking for Mikkel. Does the door have something to do with the barrels of nuclear waste, that Bernd showed Claudia in the cave in 1986? Aleksander knows all too well about the connection between the cave and the nuclear power station. When Ulrich asks him about it, he lies.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2018, 02:40:05 PM »
I don't understand how Mikkel and Ulrich can hear each other in different times in an early episode. things like that never happened again IIRC

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2018, 02:59:53 PM »
I don't understand how Mikkel and Ulrich can hear each other in different times in an early episode. things like that never happened again IIRC

Sound waves travel through that tunnel just as easily as people.

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2018, 03:15:03 PM »

Sound waves travel through that tunnel just as easily as people.

That was my guess, too.  Their simultaneous proximity to the worm hole allowed for the voices to travel through.