Author Topic: New President (K-State, not USA)  (Read 10041 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: New President (K-State, not USA)
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2016, 11:20:04 AM »
But if we are honest about the world as it actually is, no university president was going to come in and have Currie on the hot seat.

donald trump just got elected as president of the united states kat kid. it's YOU that lives in the imaginary world!

tbh, us being a 3 point favorite on the road @Baylor is more shocking.

agreed

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2016, 02:15:13 PM »
But if we are honest about the world as it actually is, no university president was going to come in and have Currie on the hot seat.

Nor should they

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2016, 11:20:17 AM »
I heard they were down to two candidates.

there are 3 final candidates.
Was Brownback one of them? 

This seems like a very short term hire at a time where the school is facing some long term challenges between the state budget issues and conference realignment.  I guess I hope he is buds with McRaven at UT and maybe has a good relationship with Boren from their time in DC but they will both be past 80 when the current gor is expiring.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2016, 11:22:52 AM »

This seems like a very short term hire at a time where the school is facing some long term challenges between the state budget issues and conference realignment.  I guess I hope he is buds with McRaven at UT and maybe has a good relationship with Boren from their time in DC but they will both be past 80 when the current gor is expiring.

No.  I think that was pure media speculation.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2016, 11:23:26 AM »

media  :curse:

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2016, 11:38:50 AM »

So the 74 year old non academic was the best we could do?  Don't get me wrong, I like the guy and as I said he maybe perfect on my biggest concern for the school at this time but it feels very stop gap.  It will be interesting to see who KU ends up with.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2016, 11:48:08 AM »
KSU really loves old people

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2016, 12:24:35 PM »
KSU really loves old people
I prefer "inclusive".
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2016, 01:09:37 PM »

So the 74 year old non academic was the best we could do?  Don't get me wrong, I like the guy and as I said he maybe perfect on my biggest concern for the school at this time but it feels very stop gap.  It will be interesting to see who KU ends up with.

The committee at K-State recommends 3 candidates and the Board of Regents decides.  The process was closed so we don't know the other candidates but I would just make a very educated guess that the other two were academics.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2016, 01:14:26 PM »
what pat bosco lacks in qualifications he more than makes up for in enthusiasm and purple casual attire.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2016, 01:46:47 PM »
what pat bosco lacks in qualifications he more than makes up for in enthusiasm and purple casual attire.

he joe biden'd this election.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
New President (K-State, not USA)
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2016, 03:13:46 PM »
While I am concerned long term, I am cool with this choice, my hunch is that the General knows how to work in a Whackadoodle political environment.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2016, 03:30:35 PM »
While I am concerned long term, I am cool with this choice, my hunch is that the General knows how to work in a Whackadoodle political environment.

This is my biggest plus too.  You have to think anyone that has spent time in Washington will be able to run some game on the clowns in Kansas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2016, 04:12:55 PM »

This is my biggest plus too.  You have to think anyone that has spent time in Washington will be able to run some game on the clowns in Kansas.

Agreed

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2016, 07:28:15 PM »

Agreed

Also, a part of me hopes he starts a "black site" in a limestone basement in the college ghetto to interrogate the deans during their yearly budget review.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2016, 07:28:51 PM »
Much like Iraq, he wouldn't oversee the interrogations.  They would be outsourced to John Currie.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 17, 2016, 08:11:07 PM »

The committee at K-State recommends 3 candidates and the Board of Regents decides.  The process was closed so we don't know the other candidates but I would just make a very educated guess that the other two were academics.
Why does the BOR decide?  Those are the idiots that once thought it would be good idea to put a sticker in biology textbooks saying "Just so you don't fill y'er head with too much of this sciency stuff, check out the Bible"

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2016, 10:53:21 PM »

Why does the BOR decide?  Those are the idiots that once thought it would be good idea to put a sticker in biology textbooks saying "Just so you don't fill y'er head with too much of this sciency stuff, check out the Bible"

I think that was the Board of Education.  The Board of Regents is appointed by the governor tho.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2016, 11:09:21 PM »

I think that was the Board of Education.  The Board of Regents is appointed by the governor tho.
Actually, I believe you're right. I still think having a board of six government stooges make the decision is a poor one

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2016, 12:59:35 AM »
Much like Iraq, he wouldn't oversee the interrogations.  They would be outsourced to John Currie.

oscar would be the recording secretary.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2016, 03:27:30 PM »

Yes but I heard from a good source that one of them backed out after they narrowed to 3. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 23, 2016, 02:45:19 PM »
How is the search for a public employee to a public uni not open to the public?

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 25, 2016, 12:37:38 AM »
How is the search for a public employee to a public uni not open to the public?

Last time they did an open search.  This time they did a closed search.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2016, 01:55:50 AM »
Its pretty common practice for University Presidents to apply anonymously, don't know if thats right or anything