Author Topic: Annoying Things at Your Office  (Read 14296 times)

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Re: Annoying Things at Your Office
« Reply #150 on: February 14, 2018, 08:28:16 PM »
33 more minutes

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #151 on: February 14, 2018, 08:30:33 PM »
You should just eat it

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 14, 2018, 08:32:34 PM »
Isn't it getting cold?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 14, 2018, 08:39:27 PM »
Isn't it getting cold?

it's been room temp since it got here

I may warm it up a little, probably won't

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 14, 2018, 09:29:21 PM »
Thanks for not posting a gross pic.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 16, 2021, 10:38:04 AM »
What does everyone think about office holiday parties?

I never go to them and usually get some low grade shaming that I didn't (not just this company but all past ones as well). Apparently this year attendance was pretty low from my department so they're taking it particularly seriously and doing surveys about how to get better attendance. It's really important to the owner for some reason and I just don't get it.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 16, 2021, 10:45:11 AM »
Isn't a willingness to go to these more indicative of how you feel about your job and coworkers?

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 16, 2021, 10:53:27 AM »
The best office holiday parties are like Vegas. Absolutely amazing opportunity to drink too much and do embarrassing things.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 16, 2021, 10:54:58 AM »
Is it? It's a pretty poor metric in my opinion. I like my job and coworkers just fine but I don't want to hang out with them on a Saturday night.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 16, 2021, 10:56:20 AM »
I almost always attend for the free food and free booze.  I can't imagine caring whether someone does or does not show up to it though.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 16, 2021, 11:17:52 AM »
Is it? It's a pretty poor metric in my opinion. I like my job and coworkers just fine but I don't want to hang out with them on a Saturday night.

So you like them as coworkers but not as friends? The holiday party, as constructed, would be a fine endeavor if you had the luxury of selecting who attended, right? So the actual party isn't the issue, it's just the people attending don't motivate enough to care?

I hate my job but like my coworkers good enough and I think we all kinda agree with this sentiment. Because of this or executives made the party next Wednesday afternoon and made it mandatory, (which speaks to the exact reason we all hate it here) otherwise exactly 3 non executives would attend.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 16, 2021, 11:23:48 AM »
COVID.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 16, 2021, 11:24:55 AM »

That's been my feeling about it for a long time, and in general I just don't find ours is really that "fun."
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 16, 2021, 11:31:24 AM »
COVID.

I have a holiday party that's been postponed until July. Lol.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 16, 2021, 11:43:24 AM »

So you like them as coworkers but not as friends? The holiday party, as constructed, would be a fine endeavor if you had the luxury of selecting who attended, right? So the actual party isn't the issue, it's just the people attending don't motivate enough to care?

I hate my job but like my coworkers good enough and I think we all kinda agree with this sentiment. Because of this or executives made the party next Wednesday afternoon and made it mandatory, (which speaks to the exact reason we all hate it here) otherwise exactly 3 non executives would attend.

I like them as coworkers, and have no interest in them being friends even though I'm sure there are a few I would enjoy getting to know on a more personal level. I realize I'm on the extreme end of the spectrum on this issue but I prefer to keep my professional and personal lives very separate.  So no, even if I had the luxury of invite power I still wouldn't want to go to a work party.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: December 16, 2021, 12:04:41 PM »
I like the smaller office holiday parties for just my section. Not as big a fan of the whole office ones, although they tend to be a little more lavish.

I do like probably over 90% of my coworkers though and consider a few to be genuine friends.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 16, 2021, 12:08:31 PM »
meetings in las vegas

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 16, 2021, 12:52:30 PM »
I'd say if its on a random Monday-Thursday evening that sounds better than a Friday or Saturday night. If you take away 4 hours of my Saturday then I will leave 4 hours early on Monday

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 16, 2021, 01:10:02 PM »

I host our Omaha office holiday party every year. My entire business unit and spouses/partners attend and I think everyone has a blast. Usually a Friday night though we won’t do one this year (or last) because of Covid. Sucks.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 16, 2021, 01:12:53 PM »
I have almost always enjoyed an office holiday party when it's a real party and not a sad in-office thing or a happy hour where you get like one drink or something.

I'm also generally pleasant and enjoy being around people

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 16, 2021, 01:22:59 PM »
COVID.

Just got this email about our required party. We don't have a vaccine mandate, yet.
Just a reminder for next Wednesday:

If you are vaccinated and are not experiencing any COVID-related symptoms, you can present proof of vaccination AND a negative test taken within 24-48 hours of the event to go maskless (you do not need a test to attend, but would be expected to mask if not eating/drinking).

If you are unvaccinated, we need proof of a negative test taken within 24-48 hours of the event (to attend!), and you would need to wear a mask in common areas when unable to social distance, unless eating or drinking.

If I don't have your vaccine proof yet, please email it to me, otherwise tests can be emailed to me as well (should contain your name, test provider, test date, and test outcome).

If you have questions, please let me know.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 16, 2021, 01:27:25 PM »

I like them as coworkers, and have no interest in them being friends even though I'm sure there are a few I would enjoy getting to know on a more personal level. I realize I'm on the extreme end of the spectrum on this issue but I prefer to keep my professional and personal lives very separate.  So no, even if I had the luxury of invite power I still wouldn't want to go to a work party.

:thumbsup: that makes perfect sense, I have exactly two co-workers that I have non work conversations with but they're both under 30 so that's a no go on the actual friend thing..

I'm jealous I wish I could skip mine. I did last year as evidenced by my previous message that's not an option this time.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 16, 2021, 01:30:44 PM »
Here's a previous email about this work event that starts at 9:00 am on a Wednesday.  :Yuck:

I hope you are just as excited for our holiday party as I am! Attached you will find the agenda for the day - yes our party has an agenda! 😀

Action items for you -
Please dress for the weather and bring blankets for your sleigh ride. It can get a little chilly. Feel free to bring a warm beverage along, maybe with a little holiday cheer? ;) I will have sleigh ride groupings at the morning meeting.

We always want to tip our sleigh driver, if everyone could bring $5 cash for this, that would be great! We will put it in an envelope to give to the driver.

We will have a cash bar open the day of the event and will be providing one drink ticket. We also ask for everyone to help with tipping the bartender.

Last but not least, we are going to do a Holiday Gift Exchange (not white elephant). Please know you are not obligated to if you do not want to. We ask to keep the gift at a $20 limit and something that anyone could enjoy!

We will have lots of games, food, and drinks for all! We look forward to celebrating all of you and the holiday season!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2021, 02:04:36 PM by Trim »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 16, 2021, 01:31:29 PM »
COVID.

Just got this email about our required party. We don't have a vaccine mandate, yet.
Just a reminder for next Wednesday:

If you are vaccinated and are not experiencing any COVID-related symptoms, you can present proof of vaccination AND a negative test taken within 24-48 hours of the event to go maskless (you do not need a test to attend, but would be expected to mask if not eating/drinking).

If you are unvaccinated, we need proof of a negative test taken within 24-48 hours of the event (to attend!), and you would need to wear a mask in common areas when unable to social distance, unless eating or drinking.

If I don't have your vaccine proof yet, please email it to me, otherwise tests can be emailed to me as well (should contain your name, test provider, test date, and test outcome).

If you have questions, please let me know.

I am legitimately shocked that level of caution is happening in Iowa. also looks like that party sucks ballz

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #174 on: December 16, 2021, 01:42:41 PM »
We rent a suite at Churchill Downs every November. Come and go. Free booze and food. Spouses are welcome. That's the extent of our holiday shenanigans aside from the potluck lunch pre-covid.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk