Author Topic: Software thread(computer related)  (Read 64175 times)

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Re: Software thread(computer related)
« Reply #550 on: May 25, 2017, 07:17:06 PM »
@TBT

I have an Ipad Mini 2 stuck on a white screen with the apple logo. Can get it to recovery mode and connect to iTunes. However no matter if i try to update or restore, it always errors out with an Unknown Error (9). Tried 3 different PCs and USB cables.
Apple phone support basically said i'm F'd and need to drive 2.5 hrs to an apple store.
Thoughts?
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

The Big Train

« Reply #551 on: May 25, 2017, 08:57:22 PM »
@TBT

I have an Ipad Mini 2 stuck on a white screen with the apple logo. Can get it to recovery mode and connect to iTunes. However no matter if i try to update or restore, it always errors out with an Unknown Error (9). Tried 3 different PCs and USB cables.
Apple phone support basically said i'm F'd and need to drive 2.5 hrs to an apple store.
Thoughts?

I'm assuming you have tried these steps(just making sure)?

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201444

Can you get to a point where you do a factory reset?  If so, then do a restore from that point.  If it's not an iOS problem you're mumped, but if you can get back to factory iOS settings you may be able to save yourself a trip.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: May 26, 2017, 08:12:50 AM »
@TBT

Thoughts?

Can you get to a point where you do a factory reset?  If so, then do a restore from that point.  If it's not an iOS problem you're mumped, but if you can get back to factory iOS settings you may be able to save yourself a trip.

that link takes me to an ad for Iphone 7 :shakesfist:

Only screens i get are white background with apple logo and the connect to iTunes screen. In iTunes it tries to restore, but always fails.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

The Big Train

« Reply #553 on: May 26, 2017, 09:37:00 AM »
@TBT

Thoughts?

that link takes me to an ad for Iphone 7 :shakesfist:

Only screens i get are white background with apple logo and the connect to iTunes screen. In iTunes it tries to restore, but always fails.

Well it was supposed to be a restore support article :dunno:

Hmm... unless you want to do some deep web stuff you may need to take it in.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: May 26, 2017, 01:48:51 PM »
Apple products. SMDH

The Big Train

« Reply #555 on: May 29, 2017, 06:51:55 PM »
Interesting take and probably true in some form or another

https://techcrunch.com/2017/05/28/double-double-cryptocoin-bubble/

The Big Train

« Reply #556 on: May 29, 2017, 07:11:27 PM »
I had heard of them before but this is seriously rough ridin' cool

https://storj.io/

The Big Train

The Big Train

« Reply #558 on: June 04, 2017, 08:48:07 PM »
I research new things all the time.  Outside of blockchain and few others am I as impressed and intrigued as I am with Cosmos DB.  This is the description of the service in Azure, holy mother of god.

Azure Cosmos DB is a fully managed, globally-distributed, horizontally scalable in storage and throughput, multi-model database service backed up by comprehensive SLAs. Azure Cosmos DB is the next generation of Azure DocumentDB. Cosmos DB was built from the ground up with global distribution and horizontal scale at its core – it offers turn-key global distribution across any number of Azure regions by transparently scaling and replicating your data wherever your users are. You can elastically scale throughput and storage worldwide and pay only for the throughput and storage you need. Cosmos DB guarantees single-digit millisecond latencies at the 99th percentile anywhere in the world, offers multiple well-defined consistency models to fine-tune for performance and guaranteed high availability with multi-homing capabilities – all backed by industry leading service level agreements (SLAs).

Cosmos DB is truly schema-agnostic – it automatically indexes all the data without requiring you to deal with schema and index management. Cosmos DB is multi-model – it natively supports document, key-value, graph and columnar data models. With Cosmos DB, you can access your data using NoSQL APIs of your choice -- DocumentDB SQL (document), MongoDB (document), Azure Table Storage (key-value), and Gremlin (graph), are all natively supported. Cosmos DB is a fully managed, enterprise ready and trustworthy service. All your data is fully and transparently encrypted and secure by default. Cosmos DB is ISO, FedRAMP, EU, HIPAA, and PCI compliant as well.

The Big Train

The Big Train

« Reply #560 on: June 13, 2017, 10:42:12 PM »
BTW guys on the last post.  Yes, it is a PDF.  There is no virus, and if you have any curiosity why I have had "i wrote stuxnet" in my profile the last couple of years, this is the reason why.  I WISH I had this deep of knowledge about anything.  It truly is a cyberweapon and it would literally take a country state to produce what is in the whitepaper that I posted.  I could study this crap all day long.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 13, 2017, 10:49:36 PM »
is there anyone who knows anything that believes that stux wasn't at the very least state sponsored?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 13, 2017, 10:54:39 PM »
Hasn't it been widely reported that it was Israel?

The Big Train

« Reply #563 on: June 13, 2017, 11:02:21 PM »
Israel and the US are the ones who created it, regardless of whether they will every confirm of deny it.  More than likely it was mostly us, but I don't have any direct knowledge of it.

The sophistication of both this and stux are out of this world.  I mean stux having a surveillance control to sent back false data that stuff was running just fine, when in fact it was spinning(literally) out of control is just amazing.  It's almost movie plot level except the false Hollywood hacker portrayal.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 13, 2017, 11:04:09 PM »
I think how it found its way there is much more exciting than what it actually did.  That part was the easy part.

The Big Train

« Reply #565 on: June 13, 2017, 11:10:55 PM »
I think how it found its way there is much more exciting than what it actually did.  That part was the easy part.

Airdrop(non-apple related) is the prevailing theory.  How you can infect a disconnected network is almost too easy, but interesting.

I hope you aren't saying how they got it there was the easy part.  Unless we had legit in-house intel there was no way of knowing it would work unless we knew what they were running.  Stux had EXACT model numbers, and you don't just program that crap overnight.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 13, 2017, 11:19:08 PM »
I'm saying the easy part was sending the false signals. 

The Big Train

« Reply #567 on: June 13, 2017, 11:21:59 PM »
I'm saying the easy part was sending the false signals.

:lol:  OK person who literally knows nothing about this topic.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 13, 2017, 11:25:57 PM »
How many PLC's you programmed?

The Big Train

« Reply #569 on: June 13, 2017, 11:31:07 PM »

Designing them and programming them are completely different animals.  I have programmed 0 of them.  Please correct me if I am wrong, but this kind of sophistication is usually reserved for the non-cockroach infested employee bathroom.  No?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: June 14, 2017, 01:03:46 AM »
non computer related anecdote:

on English menus, "soft serve ice cream" is often translated as "software"

one mango jelly software coming right up

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: June 14, 2017, 04:43:10 AM »
I've wired like 10 PLCs. All the way from the 3 inch rigid conduit to the heat shrinking action in the PLC!

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: June 14, 2017, 07:44:58 AM »

Designing them and programming them are completely different animals.  I have programmed 0 of them.  Please correct me if I am wrong, but this kind of sophistication is usually reserved for the non-cockroach infested employee bathroom.  No?

That's what you do for a living?  Lol.  I figured it was something a lot more complicated than that. 

My PLC days were back when I was running radical innovation projects and shopping for hot Israeli start ups. 

The Big Train

« Reply #573 on: June 14, 2017, 08:15:48 AM »

That's what you do for a living?  Lol.  I figured it was something a lot more complicated than that. 

My PLC days were back when I was running radical innovation projects and shopping for hot Israeli start ups.

If you don't even know when you're being insulted then I'm not even going to explain it.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: June 14, 2017, 08:30:01 AM »
Probably lack the interpersonal skills to do it anyway.