Author Topic: Pick-Up Soccer thread  (Read 6854 times)

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Pick-Up Soccer thread
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2014, 07:45:01 PM »
Can you play half-court soccer?

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2014, 08:23:49 PM »

No.  But you can put the goals closer together.  Also, a lot of the time smaller goals (lacrosse goals or two cones) are used if there are smaller numbers.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2014, 05:29:02 PM »

No.  But you can put the goals closer together.  Also, a lot of the time smaller goals (lacrosse goals or two cones) are used if there are smaller numbers.

Smaller goal sounds bad.  That would be like raising the bball goal up to 12 feet or something.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2014, 10:09:32 PM »

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2014, 01:47:07 AM »

Smaller goal sounds bad.  That would be like raising the bball goal up to 12 feet or something.

Kind of difficult to find goalies, smaller goals are better than no goalies.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2014, 10:20:00 AM »
awesome that pickups are going on.  Man I wanna  :peek: on this.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2014, 10:20:51 AM »
rained out

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2014, 10:23:14 AM »
UPDATE!

had about 50 people out there last wed so after a bit of muddling through with a huge field and too many people, we split up on to two fields.  The practice field all the way back in the southwest corner of Anneberg was an absolute swamp, but the play was still pretty good.

I caught a decent second wind about an hour and a half in after experiencing a lot of trevails after about the first 15-30 minutes due to the condition of both the field and my body.

I scored two goals, one of which was an extremely lucky cross that I over hit and lofted in, the second goal was an absolute beauty.  I took down a ball on my thigh then hit it a half volley and beat the keeper short post.  It was really rough ridin' awesome.

I had to leave before the game was over because I had to meet some friends out for dinner at Bourbon & Baker, but it was a very rewarding meal to say the least.
Thierry Henry tried to steal your move and failed at it.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2014, 02:51:56 PM »
Sister and BIL got me a gift card instead of a ball for my birthday. For fear of my ball matching my boots.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2014, 05:03:03 PM »
There is this one guy that I now hate.  The only thing that make me not hate him quite as much is that he clearly has some sort of social/emotional/mental disorder.  He is a younger guy, somewhat athletic guy that stands around and yells for the ball.  He never moves, rarely passes and almost always immediately turns the ball over or misses when he shoots.  In between touches he will tell anyone that will listen that he needs the ball and this is also the excuse for him messing up, that he doesn't see the ball enough.  He also never closes down defenders or tracks back, like at all.  He's the worst.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2014, 05:25:45 PM »
There is this one guy that I now hate.  The only thing that make me not hate him quite as much is that he clearly has some sort of social/emotional/mental disorder.  He is a younger guy, somewhat athletic guy that stands around and yells for the ball.  He never moves, rarely passes and almost always immediately turns the ball over or misses when he shoots.  In between touches he will tell anyone that will listen that he needs the ball and this is also the excuse for him messing up, that he doesn't see the ball enough.  He also never closes down defenders or tracks back, like at all.  He's the worst.

we have a pickup basketball guy whose very similar. He's quit mid-game due to someone telling him to play defense before. And yeah, I think he has some sort of mental or emotional disorder.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2014, 07:17:02 PM »
Can you cherry pick in pick-up soccer or do you call offsides?

Offline J

• Katpak'r
  • Just call me "Hollywood"
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2014, 12:14:03 AM »

This mexican dude I play with does it all the time. He literally stands near his goal the whole game and people bomb it to him and he scores at least 4 a game. he's jacked so no one says anything, his nipples are too big so you know he's on steroids.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2014, 06:36:47 AM »

This mexican dude I play with does it all the time. He literally stands near his goal the whole game and people bomb it to him and he scores at least 4 a game. he's jacked so no one says anything, his nipples are too big so you know he's on steroids.

He sounds amazing.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2014, 06:48:59 AM »

He sounds amazing.
While playing soccer, Does he wear a long sleeved shirt, buttoned at the top, with a wife beater underneath and a doo-rag on his head?  THAT would be amazing. A cigarette would be icing on the cake.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 03, 2014, 04:01:29 PM »
UPDATE!

I am thinking about going today.  HOWEVER, one guy I hate is mayhbe now in charge of organizing the people that are not participating in the 35+ adult rec league.  Do I do a roll by and see who is there?  Go?  Not go?

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2014, 04:06:03 PM »
Go! Potential for soccer OR a great story on gE! Win-win!

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2014, 03:50:31 AM »
Does anyone else go to the Tuesday night pick up games at Liberty Memorial? It's pretty fun when it's not 15v15

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2015, 10:14:48 PM »

OH MY GOD THIS rough ridin' GUY!

Peggy Po
Did actually play a bit more defense than usual
Is young and maybe in the military (probably reserves) and can run pretty fast compared to fat/old people/kids/women

Nancy Negs
-Did not get to a ball that went over his head, said "I'm only half black...."dead silence, everyone stops to stare/shame him and (he is wearing a red/black striped bayern munich jersey)
-puts pressure on a goalkeeper and rockets the ball way off from goal
-fucks up about a 15-20 chances by dribbling it to the other team, shooting it a million miles away, trying to volley it
-fucks up most of the other times he gets the ball because he has one of the worst first touches in the whole game
-makes faces/gestures when other people don't get him the ball/hit a bad cross/miss a shot

What makes it worse is nearly everyone else in the game is over the top nice to play with.  Only exception is offsides old Asian guy, but he knows he sucks and he misses almost every chance and he passes to his teammates enough so whatever

I don't want to break the niceness of the game and talk crap to this guy, but should I just start PI'ing him?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2015, 10:40:02 PM »
Have you tried performing magic?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2015, 08:08:15 AM »
UPDATE!

I played last Friday with a wonderful group of Mexican-Americans.  I played really well and have tricked them in to inviting me in to playing on their 11 v 11 team, the Pedros de Perro.  I am pretty sure that is something involving a dog's penis but it also might be this lucha libre guy who was killed in the ring by Rey Mysterio.  Either way, pretty exciting stuff and I am happy to report back on Saturday after our first game.  It is at 11am at Anneberg so if any of you yahoos want to tailgate for two football games in one day, please bring a lawn chair and a cooler.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2015, 03:11:11 PM »
UPDATE!

I think I might be ok, but this 11v11 thing is going to be scary.  I don't know for sure if we will actually have 11 dudes play in this game and I am scared about running for that long anyway.  Fear would be my number one emotion.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2015, 03:41:22 PM »
Someone take their periscope out there and do a Kat Kid Kam (not racist).

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2015, 05:03:15 PM »
UPDATE!

I think I might be ok, but this 11v11 thing is going to be scary.  I don't know for sure if we will actually have 11 dudes play in this game and I am scared about running for that long anyway.  Fear would be my number one emotion.
i'd be most scared about getting shanked by a midfielder.  mexican americans take their soccer very very seriously.  i didn't even use a comma between both verys.   

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2015, 06:35:13 PM »
UPDATE!

i'd be most scared about getting shanked by a midfielder.  mexican americans take their soccer very very seriously.  i didn't even use a comma between both verys.

I am on the Mexican team.  One of our defenders has this tatoo'd on his arm.