Author Topic: Surgery  (Read 16541 times)

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
Re: Surgery
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2014, 10:45:14 PM »
I took a fastball to the boys when I was 13. Hopped all the way to 3rd base cussing while parents covered their kids' ears. I don't remember anything but getting hit. Next thing I remeber is laying in the grass away from the field with a bag of ice on my crotch. Didn't go back in.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2014, 10:46:21 PM »
how late can you stay up

The Big Train

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2014, 10:47:21 PM »
 :dubious:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2014, 12:29:17 AM »
Don't be afraid to leave AMA.

Offline cDubya

• Coal Grab'r
  • Katpak'r
  • KCCO
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2014, 08:25:53 AM »
I've had 2 surgeries on the same shoulder, in the span of 366 days. My best advice is prepare for post-op at home before surgery. Put a bunch of necessities close by, at an easily reached height. Bending over/ reaching up high, even with the other hand, can be painful. And yes, wait until absolutely necessary to take Meds. If you run out too early you're gonna hate life.

If you jav a significant other then it will be much easier of course. Positive vibes your way  :cheers:

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2014, 08:30:07 AM »
know several people who had to have it done twice, either from not following orders to a T or from having a bad doctor.    Defenitely get referrals on doc from people who had good experience on this surgery.

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2014, 09:02:14 AM »
know several people who had to have it done twice, either from not following orders to a T or from having a bad doctor.    Defenitely get referrals on doc from people who had good experience on this surgery.

Great advice on the day of surgery.  Thanks for your contributions to the discussion. 

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2014, 09:03:48 AM »
So I'm having shoulder surgery tomorrow to fix my rotator cuff. Any of you dudes been through that?  Any advice?   I'm drinking heavily tonight to prepare. :cheers:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Good luck friend.  You can fill me in over some drinks and painkillers soon.  I might not be too far away from having this done also. 

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2014, 09:13:47 AM »

Great advice on the day of surgery.  Thanks for your contributions to the discussion.

you asked for advice, I gave it.   Eat a dick.    Feel free to NOT listen to the doctor's orders and get to repeat it.

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2014, 10:10:57 AM »

you asked for advice, I gave it.   Eat a dick.    Feel free to NOT listen to the doctor's orders and get to repeat it.

Prolly a little late to start shopping docs, dummy. 

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2014, 10:30:26 AM »
So I'm having shoulder surgery tomorrow to fix my rotator cuff. Any of you dudes been through that?  Any advice?   I'm drinking heavily tonight to prepare. :cheers:

Good luck friend.  You can fill me in over some drinks and painkillers soon.  I might not be too far away from having this done also. 
What the hell are you guys doing to your shoulders? Mine are in tip top shape. #fanningbrag

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2014, 10:33:31 AM »

What the hell are you guys doing to your shoulders? Mine are in tip top shape. #fanningbrag
Thanks for asking the question Gooch. It seems there are significant number of gEer's with shoulder issues. I thought mine would be ruinded from playing rugby, but nope, they're golden. #fanningbrag

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2014, 10:37:55 AM »
my shoulders are pristine-  mostly because i work so hard on my lats and my traps which are also golden, thanks for asking but my lats and traps are the best in kc metro

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2014, 10:40:02 AM »
my shoulders are pristine-  mostly because i work so hard on my lats and my traps which are also golden, thanks for asking but my lats and traps are the best in kc metro
Next level #fanningbrag: #pissclamsbrag

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2014, 01:10:17 PM »

real talk- how are your lats and traps

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

The Big Train

« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2014, 01:21:27 PM »

Mine are pristine, ever seen oscar Lee? Like that pristine

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2014, 01:23:01 PM »

skinny fat lol

The Big Train

« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2014, 01:24:03 PM »

skinny fat lol

The Mountain + oscar Lee = TBT

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2014, 01:36:11 PM »
i always thought oscar lee looked ethiopian.  it's like, oscar- we get it, you are starving to death, come to mhk and try some delicious bbq in the form of some tiger wings at hibachi hut.

those aren't traps, they're flaps

^quad taco posse in effect  :lol:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2014, 01:36:49 PM »

Looking over them for the first mile of a 2-mile race.

Offline nitrocat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2014, 01:44:41 PM »

Let's put it this way, it's impossible for me to water ski, not because I can't stand up, but because my lats and traps produce too much drag to pull behind a boat.

Offline nitrocat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2014, 01:48:38 PM »
On a serious note, stay in front of the pain with your meds and you'll be golden. Put reminders in your phone and take them when you're supposed to regardless of pain at the time.

Also, you might have to end up sleeping with a few pillows under your back to support you and it's going to be weird and stuff, just a heads up. I know guys that have slept in recliners the first week or two because laying down in a bed can put some weird pressure on the joint.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2014, 02:22:52 PM »
nitrocat your lats sound great

Offline nitrocat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2014, 02:37:17 PM »
nitrocat your lats sound great

Thanks pissclams, I'll let them know you said that.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2014, 02:48:47 PM »
My physical aesthetics on point ever since I let 'clams plan out my cycle. However, I did a lot of damage to my bod before I got smart and started juicing.