Author Topic: Conspiracy Theories You Actually Believe!  (Read 15163 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Conspiracy Theories You Actually Believe!
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2014, 08:07:10 AM »

people should realize that people and organizations are not much more complex or intelligent than organizations and people you deal with every day and you know those are not capable of doing crap properly.

Yeah. My favorite is when standard mistakes/incompetency/miscalculations are viewed by some morons as evidence of a conspiracy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow!

Offline Daddy Claxton

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2014, 09:27:49 AM »

Is it a conspiracy if they get caught? Watergate comes to mind, but they got caught so it's just news.

Interesting point.
If Nixon had been smart enough to remove his taping system the day after the burglary are we today talking about the crazies and their conspiracy theory that Nixon was in on the burglary and he won the 72 election because his campaign people bugged and sabotaged the democrats? 

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2014, 09:38:13 AM »
I think people perceive a connotation to the word "conspiracy" to indicate something that most likely didn't ever actually happen, when really conspiracy just means two or more people covertly doing nefarious stuff.

For example, there were multiple conspiracies to assassinate Hitler, but it's not like if you talk about them you are a crazy person like the 9/11 truthers.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2014, 09:39:45 AM »
I believe the NSA reads all pubic forums, and then gets to gE and starts to read casually because we've got some good stuff.

perverts

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2014, 09:39:57 AM »
9-11 wasn't a govemment conspiracy you guys. It was just a good terrorist thing because no one expected an attack like that.

I think lots of people knew something was in the air  but failed to act because of incompetency or the need for an incident that would move a personal agenda along.

We must remember the FBI whistleblower who was hot on the trail of the attackers and how her superiors chose to ignore her and not move the investigation along. 

I'm not a truther by no means, but I do believe people in high places were well aware of an oncoming incident. 

The only weirdo thought I have is how did a couple amateur pilots get their coordinates in line to hit the WTC like they did?  Doesn't that take some skill to move a flying object traveling at 500 mph into a specific target?
yep read a book by a cia agent that had been tracking obl since his saudi day(ten years prior to 9/11)

my 1 that i believe would be al gore created the internet

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2014, 09:40:16 AM »
also, I am honestly curious, has any high level conspiracy theory in the modern era (whenever you want to interpret that to be) turned out to be true? there are so many, and I can't recall anyone finding evidence to show any of them have been legitimate. people should realize that people and organizations are not much more complex or intelligent than organizations and people you deal with every day and you know those are not capable of doing crap properly.

This is a good point most people should read. I know conspiracy stuff is kinda fun or exciting or whatever for some people, but people are people. Even people who are incredibly successful in one field are usually pretty goddamn stupid in tons of other things. There are no super people out there controlling the world with their super intellect. Sure people with lots of money have more influence that's just common sense, and sure shady things happen regularly when money is involved, but people needs don't coincide enough for huge insane conspiracy plots like 9/11 to take place. Just as often as three incredibly rich people's needs coincide, three other people with tons of money would be negatively effected by the same plot and try to stop it.

What's more likely is bad, crazy things just happen now and again, and people try to capitalize on those things.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2014, 09:49:00 AM »
There's also instances where the government actually used conspiracy theories to cover their actual actions.   For example; it's widely thought that the Air Force may have helped (possibly still do) propagate the UFO phenomena in order to cover their own actions.

Some observers think that this was particularly the case when they were developing the F-117 out in the Nevada, and other relevant high tech planes.   

Offline Daddy Claxton

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2014, 09:53:23 AM »
also, I am honestly curious, has any high level conspiracy theory in the modern era (whenever you want to interpret that to be) turned out to be true? there are so many, and I can't recall anyone finding evidence to show any of them have been legitimate. people should realize that people and organizations are not much more complex or intelligent than organizations and people you deal with every day and you know those are not capable of doing crap properly.
Woodward and Bernstein had a theory that the Nixon campaign was involved in the watergate break in. Is that a modern era conspiracy theory that turned out to be true?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2014, 10:11:23 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if the US took down flight 93 but did not want to admit taking down a commercial flight so made the people out to be heroes

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2014, 10:11:52 AM »
you can't just make up "LET'S ROLL"

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2014, 10:12:52 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if the US took down flight 93 but did not want to admit taking down a commercial flight so made the people out to be heroes

:thumbs:

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2014, 10:24:12 AM »
Moon landing was staged to eff with the Russians and mush their fat faces.
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2014, 10:24:31 AM »
moon landing truthers are the worst

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2014, 10:24:54 AM »
many conspiracy theories, JFK ones in particular, are tools that people use to rationalize the terrifying amount of disorder that still exists in the world. it's frightening to think that one man as simple as oswald could affect the entire world the way he did, somehow it's more comforting to blame the mob or the CIA or the russians. i think this idea fits with what felix rex said, people would rather blame a dark and highly organized cabal than admit that an individual mumped up and got people killed.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2014, 10:28:01 AM »
There's also instances where the government actually used conspiracy theories to cover their actual actions.   For example; it's widely thought that the Air Force may have helped (possibly still do) propagate the UFO phenomena in order to cover their own actions.

Some observers think that this was particularly the case when they were developing the F-117 out in the Nevada, and other relevant high tech planes.

So you don't believe in the conspiracy theories but you do believe in a conspiracy theory that says the conspiracy theories were cover ups.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2014, 10:45:33 AM »
many conspiracy theories, JFK ones in particular, are tools that people use to rationalize the terrifying amount of disorder that still exists in the world. it's frightening to think that one man as simple as oswald could affect the entire world the way he did, somehow it's more comforting to blame the mob or the CIA or the russians. i think this idea fits with what felix rex said, people would rather blame a dark and highly organized cabal than admit that an individual mumped up and got people killed.

yep. It's human nature to find patterns even when none exist. (although I don't think the amount of disorder is all that terrifying).

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2014, 10:52:10 AM »

yep. It's human nature to find patterns even when none exist. (although I don't think the amount of disorder is all that terrifying).

I think that's a healthy way to look at life but most people never get there, or don't want to get there.

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2014, 10:52:53 AM »
So you dumbasses accept the official story provided by the Warren Commission? Just want this on record so we can separate the dumbasses from the non-dumbasses.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2014, 10:54:11 AM »
So you dumbasses accept the official story provided by the Warren Commission? Just want this on record so we can separate the dumbasses from the non-dumbasses.

The JFK one is the most plausible and/or intriguing of all the conspiracy stuff i think

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2014, 10:54:41 AM »
plus, i mean, oliver stone

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2014, 10:57:14 AM »

I don't care, at all.

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2014, 10:59:36 AM »

I don't care, at all.

That's a shame.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2014, 11:05:32 AM »
I care, a little.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2014, 11:17:30 AM »
Well I'm much more concerned with errors made in the justice system every day than potential flaws in a fifty-year old report. I seriously haven't given it a moment of thought in my life before this thread. It's just a stupid thing to worry about.

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2014, 11:18:21 AM »
Well I'm much more concerned with errors made in the justice system every day than potential flaws in a fifty-year old report. I seriously haven't given it a moment of thought in my life before this thread. It's just a stupid thing to worry about.

lol